JAWS (VPX) PuP-Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

5110448E-33DA-4FBD-A44D-E2E15A81DD20Your settings look same as mine. Sorry just a cell phone pic….

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Major Frenchy
      Participant
        @mameinabox

You probably going to get a lot of Thank you in the next little while, i am on a download spree for PUP.

Thanks Terry.

One question, is there a developer kit to create those PUP packs?

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/mameinabox
        Site: https://www.mameinabox.com

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

You probably going to get a lot of Thank you in the next little while, i am on a download spree for PUP.

Thanks Terry.

One question, is there a developer kit to create those PUP packs?

For a table like Stranger Things: Stranger Edition…that is using PuP Commands.

For rom based tables, you would use the PuP-Pack Editor. I have a “basic” tutorial on my channel…but a lot has changed since then.

newtopinball78
          Participant
            @newtopinball78

Does anyone have any idea why the videos are not being triggered on the backglass…I can hear music ultradmd loads and play table just no videos on the backglass….I would really like to figure this out as everything else I have managed to get working in pinup

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe the video is behind the backglass ? Nailbuster made a version of the db2sserver that is more popper friendly in that it sends the backglass to the back instead of keeping it in the front.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              newtopinball78
              Participant
                @newtopinball78

The videos aren’t even playing when I hit alt tab to see all the screens.   It’s like there is no connection between the table and the triggers to play the videos in the pup pack on the backglass.  I tried deleting and reinstalling both jaws and masters of the universe pup and tables and same thing.  These are the only 2 tables on my system that don’t trigger the pup videos so thought it was a setting or something.  Its just frustrating as I have no clue why.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

The videos aren’t even playing when I hit alt tab to see all the screens.   It’s like there is no connection between the table and the triggers to play the videos in the pup pack on the backglass.  I tried deleting and reinstalling both jaws and masters of the universe pup and tables and same thing.  These are the only 2 tables on my system that don’t trigger the pup videos so thought it was a setting or something.  Its just frustrating as I have no clue why.

Be sure the tables are the newest versions with the pup-pack support (older versions didn’t).

Be sure you are running it from the Tables folder where your B2S server is installed….as the pack won’t launch if it can’t see b2s server. Also, be sure you don’t another directb2s running at the same time.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  newtopinball78
                  Participant
                    @newtopinball78

Thanks to both Thalamus and TerryRed for pointing me in the right direction!! It was all due to my b2s backglass server needing updating.  I updated to the latest version and both tables work fine now.  So satisfying when you solve these kind of problems  :yahoo:

TerryRed
                      @terryred

NEW! Optional PuPDMD and PostDMD files from LynnInDenver:

– new PuPDMD and PostDMD files by LynnInDenver. These will allow you to use a modern LCD display for PuP based scoring with animated backgrounds. You can use these to display your scores instead of UltraDMD. PuPDMD is for LCD DMDs and PostDMD is for full-size 16:9 modern Stern-style displays.

-simply copy the DMD and FONTS folders from the Jaws_PupDMD_PostDMD.zip to your “Jaws” pup-pack folder. Then choose which option you want in the table script.

-if using PuPDMD, make sure your PuP DMD display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings.

-if using PostDMD, make sure your PuP Music display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings (this is used for size and position reference).

You will need an the latest update for the table to use this feature. Updated table should be uploaded soon. Thanks to LynnInDenver for this excellent update to the table!

Jaws PostDMDJaws PuPDMD

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      LynnInDenver
                      Participant
                        @lynnindenver

Thanks for including the new files, Terry. :yahoo:

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

Can display be flipped for p2k style cabs?

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Can display be flipped for p2k style cabs?

I’m not sure if PuP-text can be “flipped” to be honest….rotated, yes…but not sure about flipped. Any changes along those lines require editing the table script.

I know you and Optimus Pin are the rare of the rare now, as Dazz got rid if his P2K backbox and now has a Stern style middle screen (which this new feature works perfect with).

It would be cool to see the reflected text work if possible.

LynnInDenver
                            Participant
                              @lynnindenver

I did a brief search, and this appears to really be the best option if Nailbuster hasn’t (or can’t) provided the ability to flip the type. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1091826-REG/decimator_dd_hx_hdmi_sdi_cross_converter_with.html

There is software called UltraMon, but it reportedly doesn’t do the screen flipping with multiple monitors (any mention of mirroring is in relation to what they consider mirroring in Windows). https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

I’ve been down this road years ago with various solutions including the ones mentioned. Before freezy dmdext, the solution I came up with for FX2 was to capture and stream in real-time via localhost network loop using ffmpeg. It was this work that led to the capture engine for PBXRecorder. Problem is that if this is using the entire 16:9 display that I still need some place on the desktop to display the original score so that I can capture it. And since the display is larger than a DMD that is more data to stream and probably greater latency.

Need to understand more about this as a replacement for UltraDMD. UltraDMD does support flipping.

i suppose if nothing else, if we have access to assets in the PuPPack and this is overlaying scores on a background then I can flip the background image. And for fonts, flip the glyphs. Although this might be a bit of a PITA, it is doable. I guess it benefits a small pool of cabinets, but they are out there: me, luvthatapex, Optimus Pin, etc.

Altuve
                                Participant
                                  @altuve

I have read all the comments trying to find a solution, I have reviewed the configuration and I still do not see the videos in Backglass.
                                  Any more suggestions?

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

I’ve been down this road years ago with various solutions including the ones mentioned. Before freezy dmdext, the solution I came up with for FX2 was to capture and stream in real-time via localhost network loop using ffmpeg. It was this work that led to the capture engine for PBXRecorder. Problem is that if this is using the entire 16:9 display that I still need some place on the desktop to display the original score so that I can capture it. And since the display is larger than a DMD that is more data to stream and probably greater latency.

Need to understand more about this as a replacement for UltraDMD. UltraDMD does support flipping.

i suppose if nothing else, if we have access to assets in the PuPPack and this is overlaying scores on a background then I can flip the background image. And for fonts, flip the glyphs. Although this might be a bit of a PITA, it is doable. I guess it benefits a small pool of cabinets, but they are out there: me, luvthatapex, Optimus Pin, etc.

If you have an extra video port
                                    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=display+Emulator+Plug&ref=nb_sb_noss

CarnyPriest
                                    Participant
                                      @carnypriest

Not sure what you are suggesting here. Setting up a virtual screen to route display of the source PostDMD image? Likely still have issue with latency. It’s CPU intensive and my CPU is 5+ years old at this point.

I’ll start first with feature request to @nailbuster to flip the renderer for score display on p2k. Had to do that to get support for Pro Pinball, UltraDMD, freezy dmdext, FutureDMD, etc. Had to fix for myself for P-ROC, FX2, etc. I’m quite used to doing that. P2K is a lonely place.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@lynnindenver when is the mods going to be ready?

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

Should be ready now, randr. I was actually just thinking you were going to post it as an update to your upload, unless you’d like me to post it?

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Not sure what you are suggesting here. Setting up a virtual screen to route display of the source PostDMD image? Likely still have issue with latency. It’s CPU intensive and my CPU is 5+ years old at this point.

I’ll start first with feature request to @nailbuster to flip the renderer for score display on p2k. Had to do that to get support for Pro Pinball, UltraDMD, freezy dmdext, FutureDMD, etc. Had to fix for myself for P-ROC, FX2, etc. I’m quite used to doing that. P2K is a lonely place.

yah, you can use UltraMon for the entire screen to flip it…it may be a bit slow depending on your hardware…or you can have it do only an apps window.

unltramon

You may be at the point where 5 year old hardware may not keep up for this kind of thing when we are talking about 24 bit 1080p video mirroring and not simple low res DMD windows.

PuP Scoring isnt using VLC…so that won’t be able to flip as it is now.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?