JAWS (VPX) PuP-Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    elvinu
    Participant
      @elvinu

I have read all the comments trying to find a solution, I have reviewed the configuration and I still do not see the videos in Backglass.

Any more suggestions?

I had the same problem until I did the following:

1.  I ditched Jaws_1_0b.vpx for Jaws_1_0c.vpx
      2.   I copied the DMD and FONTS folders (from Jaws_PuPDMD_PostDMD.zip) into PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\Jaws>

For me when I  launch the table, the 2 large vid windows appear then quickly disappear for roughly 7 seconds and then reappear and remain on top.  The small screen on the table in the upper right corner doesn’t show videos like it did for me when I used Jaws_1_0b.vpx but I’d rather have the large vid windows working.  Hope this helps.

elvinu
      Participant
        @elvinu

Does anyone have any idea why the videos are not being triggered on the backglass…I can hear music ultradmd loads and play table just no videos on the backglass….I would really like to figure this out as everything else I have managed to get working in pinup

I got the videos working with version Jaws_1_0b.vpx, sorta:

I used the PinUpPackEditor.exe to edit the pup-pack.  I changed ScreenNum 11: Backglass from ForceBack to ForceOn.

Videos will appear.  However, when you start, you’ll have to click on the table to return focus so you can insert coins and launch the ball.  Once you do, the videos will return.

Also, unlike version: Jaws_1_0c.vpx, I don’t see the info window in the upper left.  At least this version has the small video screen on the table working with the backglass video.

jadflat
        Participant
          @jadflat

I’m getting a script error if I leave the table running without playing it for a couple of minutes. The tables works fine when playing it and everything else seems okay.

I’m using pup 1.44, vpx 10.6, 2 screens plus pin2dmd

error is

PuPlayer.playlistplayex pLargeDMD,”DMD”,”Vpinball.mp4″,40,1

jaws error 2

pup

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

Try pasting these lines in place of the offending line at 5408:

If ScoreType = 2 then PuPlayer.playlistplayex pDMD,”DMD”,”Vpinball.mp4″,40,1: end if
            If ScoreType = 3 then PuPlayer.playlistplayex pLargeDMD,”DMD”,”Vpinball.mp4″,40,1: end if

Basically, it checks to see if the ScoreType is set appropriately. It seems to work here on my rig with the change, and I suspect that it’s failing on your end because the ScoreType means that the screen it was pointing at “doesn’t exist for video”.

I’ll see about scraping up some time to improve the script handling for Pin2DMD options.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

jadflat
            Participant
              @jadflat

that fixed it, thank you!

dan2667
              Participant
                @dan2667

Any idea where I can find the Jaws VPX table?

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Go to downloads search jaws And it’s the 1st one on the list

He Who Laughs Lasts
                  Participant
                    @binoictoothpick

The Jaws Pup-Pack doesn’t seem to respect positioning PuP screens like with Harry Potter.  I can manually move them during the game, but not prior. The videos always are in top left…

Thoughts?

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

The Jaws Pup-Pack doesn’t seem to respect positioning PuP screens like with Harry Potter. I can manually move them during the game, but not prior. The videos always are in top left…

Thoughts?

My thought is you don’t know what you are doing. :)

You havent given us any info on your setup. Cabinet…desktop… single screen…etc.

Why are you moving “anything” pup related at all?

If you have your PuP-Screens Default position setup correctly, then it will work just like any other pup-pack. You only need to have your default PuP Backglass screen setup correctly… then the pup-pack uses that for positioning.

For the Text and Scoring with PUPDMD…. that uses your Music screen 4 if your are using the 16:9 PostDMD / FullDMD option.

For normal LCD DMD or real DMD, it uses your pup DMD screen 1.

He Who Laughs Lasts
                      Participant
                        @binoictoothpick

Well this was definitely user error. I reinstalled the default videos in PUPVideos and now things are where they should be…might need a bit of tweaking because I’m on single screen, but it’s not like I had originally posted.

Thanks again for your quick response. Sorry to keep you from the more important work.

Boneworks
                        Participant
                          @boneworks

Thanks!

Pinbot
                          Participant
                            @pinbot

Simply wow. What an amazing table and puppack. Love it when things work straight from download to playing with no messing. Amazing work as always. Once again not sure what you do differently to others but same as master of universe and puppack absolutely no stutter on my crappy computer. Thank you 

richiep1
                            Participant
                              @richiep1

To all involved, thanks for all your work on this and other tables…without folks like you, we wouldn’t have this hobby.

I’m running this on my three screen cab using the #3 postdmd option.  The only problem is that when I run it from Popper, I have to click on the playfield to be able to drop coins and start a game.

This does not happen when I run it directly frm VPX.  This is the only table on my cabinet that does this.  I have over 200 tables including about 25 pup tables.

I’ve tried all the suggestions I could find on this and other forums, nothing fixes it… Help, please!!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I’m no help as I rarely even use a frontend but hope someone can help you out.

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know if this helps. But, stop using UltraDMD – replace it by FlexDMD, is a good start.

LynnInDenver
                                  Participant
                                    @lynnindenver

Sometimes the focus shift is because something is running as Admin that really shouldn’t. Pinup Popper, for instance, doesn’t need to be run as admin anymore, and if it seems to require that to run correctly, then it’s a permissions problem on the system that should probably be resolved.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

richiep1
                                    Participant
                                      @richiep1

Appreciate the advice, but can’t seem to get it to work.  Tried not running as Admin, worked at first, but back to losing focus again.

BTW, I am not running ultradmd on this table. I am using the postdmd option…which works great, but I still have to click the mouse on the playfield to get the game to start.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@richiep1 Can you run other originals ok? Like heman or MAD SCIENTIST? Or do those have same problem too?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                          @terryred
                                          MemberContributorModerator

Be sure you don’t have a hidden PUP Topper displaying under your playfield. Many will have the topper enabled even though they don’t have a Topper screen setup.

You can try running VPX in a smaller window to see if anything is playing underneath.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                                          Participant
                                            @jlvandusenmsn-com

Terry

I have a Pin2DMD real DMD.. is there a way to pipe the text DMD to that instead?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?