Jive Time (Williams 1970)

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    TommyBee
    Participant
      @tommybee

Okay, I read through the whole thread. I opened the sound manager and found that I could hear the bells just fine when I played them there. I also found that if I changed my audio setting from 7.1 Surround to 2 Channel Stereo, I could hear all the sounds effects while playing the table.

I hope this helps, as unfortunately I don’t know enough about Visual Pinball and Surround Sound Feedback to have any idea how to fix it.

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Okay, I read through the whole thread. I opened the sound manager and found that I could hear the bells just fine when I played them there. I also found that if I changed my audio setting from 7.1 Surround to 2 Channel Stereo, I could hear all the sounds effects while playing the table. I hope this helps, as unfortunately I don’t know enough about Visual Pinball and Surround Sound Feedback to have any idea how to fix it.

Hi Tommy, just want to make sure I understand.  The sounds are working for you?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@tommybee : I think you might be bitten by a bug that I’ve seen but haven’t reported before now. Have you tried to change, save, exit and reload ?

TommyBee
          Participant
            @tommybee

Hi Roth, sorry I wasn’t clear. The sound works as expected if I have VPX configured for stereo sound. I only hear the mechanical sounds of flippers and bumpers if VPX is configured for Surround Sound Feedback (7.1. Surround Sound).

I made a video that demonstrates this at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoFZBm-ap3o. Hopefully that will help clarify things. I’m still new to Visual Pinball, but I’ve installed a little over a hundred tables so far and this is the first time I’ve run into this issue.

@Thalamus
            , thanks for the suggestion. I’m not entirely sure what you mean to do. I opened the table’s script, added a space character to create a change to the table, then saved it, closed VPX and restarted it. Doing so had no effect. Was this what you were referring to, or did I misunderstand?

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw

@Tommy Baggett

Sounds like you’ll fit in great in this hobby.  Lots of trial and error until you get things figured out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              TommyBee
              Participant
                @tommybee

@tommy Baggett

Sounds like you’ll fit in great in this hobby. Lots of trial and error until you get things figured out.

Thanks! I’m really enjoying it a lot. I hope we can work out the issue with your table. You did a great job on it. I may dig in to SSF scripting and see if I can figure something out if you don’t have time to work on it. So many (fun!) things to do haha.

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw

Thanks! I’m really enjoying it a lot. I hope we can work out the issue with your table. You did a great job on it. I may dig in to SSF scripting and see if I can figure something out if you don’t have time to work on it. So many (fun!) things to do haha.

Please, feel free.  I’ve not been able to replicate the sound issues, so anything you can figure out that will help others or allow me to fix the table, would be greatly appreciated.

One note, the only thing different on this table than any other table I’ve worked on, at least to my knowledge, is that I pulled some of the sound samples myself from a real table.  Maybe I did something there that’s not quite right?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

What I meant is. Try to open table with 7.1 sound enabled. Then press F2 ( I believe it is that – shortcut for sound manager ) Mark all sounds ( select first, hold shift – select last ) and press the button BGout, it should push all the sounds to be played to the backglass channel. Then save. Exit and reload. I don’t know your setup, can you maybe describe – it might be that sounds are sent to channels that you simply don’t have. So, it would make sense that the sounds are “lost” when you go with 7.1

TommyBee
                    Participant
                      @tommybee

What I meant is. Try to open table with 7.1 sound enabled. Then press F2 ( I believe it is that – shortcut for sound manager ) Mark all sounds ( select first, hold shift – select last ) and press the button BGout, it should push all the sounds to be played to the backglass channel. Then save. Exit and reload. I don’t know your setup, can you maybe describe – it might be that sounds are sent to channels that you simply don’t have. So, it would make sense that the sounds are “lost” when you go with 7.1

Okay, gotcha. I will try that asap, day job time now and dealing with my dad in rehab after breaking his hip, so it may take a day or two.

I have a full SSF setup. Three 2.1 amps, three 8″ subwoofers, two 5″ backglass speakers and four exciters placed in the corners of the body. All set up based on the guidance in the SSF group on Facebook. All the SSF-enabled tables sound spectacular, and non-SSF tables still sound fine with no obvious missing sounds.

I’ve downloaded the SSF code and docs from that group, hoping I will have time to dive into it with this table sometime this weekend. Thanks again for your assistance!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Hmm. Ok. I must admit. I expected you to not have a full blown 7.1 so I’m not so sure my solution applies fully. I’m going to have a look at that table myself soon. I have a lot of tables that I haven’t optimized yet for SSF. And it is a great playing table so I’ll just put it higher in my priority list.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Brett
                        Participant
                          @bpjacobsen

Having similar issue with Jacks Open (posted that one under that table) for this table, it just gets stuck in a loop of trying to load the ball but never stops. Could these be due to vpx 10.6? Not sure if I should be posting these issues on the beta thread or tables? (or both?)

rothbauerw
                            @rothbauerw

Having similar issue with Jacks Open (posted that one under that table) for this table, it just gets stuck in a loop of trying to load the ball but never stops. Could these be due to vpx 10.6? Not sure if I should be posting these issues on the beta thread or tables? (or both?)

What version of the table are you using ?  There is a ramp in the trough that is not wide enough and broke with a 10.5 update.  You can either download the most current version or select the ramp and change the top and bottom from 50 to 55 or 60.

Bixmen
                            Participant
                              @bixmen

Awesome!  One of my favorite EMs, and you did a great job, thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?