Joust play field scans

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=167916

PF scans provided by user  AD72

Unfortunately these were saved as jpegs and not pngs or another ‘lossless’ format but with that said they are still high quality.

The scans are done in sections and would require ‘stitching’.

3dcreation

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Sixtoe
      Participant
        @kiella

I’m going to have a go at stitching this together properly, I wanted to find something I could give back to the community and I’m OK at this :)

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks both. :good:

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

Well I currently have no plans of updating my Joust table.  I spent a lot of time redrawing the PF and plastics as best I could with the resources I had and I just don’t relish the idea of effectively making a bunch more work for myself to ‘re-do/undo’ my previous work.  I know if I get started on it I’ll end up getting more involved than I intend to right now.  It’s likely I would want to re-work the inserts using the new scans as well.  There’s also a  good chance some table layout adjustment would be needed.

So if anyone wants to stitch and update Joust I’m willing to give permission to mod provided the table not be re-distributed outside of VPB.  Or if you want I can post an update with new PF if someone wants to forward it to me, either way I don’t see myself updating this until it’s time to rebuild it in Unity.

3dcreation

AD72
            Participant
              @ad72

One mistake that Mirco made when he reproduced the playfield is the addition of a screwhole by the claw.  That should not be there.claw

Sixtoe
              Participant
                @kiella

Current stitching together and tidy up progress, removing a lot of the dust and repairing the scratch marks on the lamps;

Joust_Playfield_Single

What’s the deal with correcting the jpeg artifact colours?, is it right to replace with a single colour for uniformity (i.e. are they one colour on the table originally) It’s hard to pick exactly the right colour if this is the case, should I just take a best guess?

*edit* just in case anyone was facepalming about the small picture, this is obviously just a shrunk down snapshot, my current raw version is 14457×12525

2 users thanked author for this post.
                randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Stitches together real nice. i did  in photoshop and looks good.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  AD72
                  Participant
                    @ad72

Thank you for stitching the scans together.  I will use PNG next time.  I also have the plastics I could scan.  Although I think CRP did a better job on the colors of the plastics.  The colors on the Mirco playfield are better.

Here is my Joust project I am building from scratch.  I am using Missison Pinball Framework and P3-ROC boards. I need to finish building the cabinet and the programming.

IMG_3347

Dark
                      @dark
                      vipMemberContributor

Try using the ‘insert image’ button in the menu above the textbox, you can just drag and drop images easy and will insert into post automatically.

3dcreation

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@ad72 A scratch build!? Where is link to this build thread!? Wow

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sixtoe
                        Participant
                          @kiella

I’ve just submitted a new file as it’s too big to link here, let me know what you think, I made the best job that I could and had to do some repairs, hopefully you like what I came up with :)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/joust-playfield-scan/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          AD72
                          Participant
                            @ad72

I have not started a build thread.  I was thinking of doing one on Pinside but I have been busy getting it working.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

@kiella : Preview looks great. :good: :rose:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?