Jungle Girl fpx v1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    shiva
    Participant
      @shiva

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=223923

Jungle Girl fpx has now been released as version 1. There are so many changes across the board, but the big highlight is the debut of my shivaFlippers system that now has a variable coil system, better aiming, and a “fake EOS”. This is a pretty noticeable improvement to FP flippers and down the road, I hope they can be improved even more.

The variable coil adds dynamic omega (or strength to you vp people) for each flipper angle of a flipper swing until you release the flipper button. This allows you to do tap passes (depending on hardware and reflexes with a quick flick of the button) as well as “loft” shots. This is adjustable, and there’s presets for cabinet or desktop users, as well as the ability to make your own presets. Just look in the script for more details.

NOTE:

FP has certain problems with the speed of the flipper if the strength is too low, the flipper gets laggy. If you have a very fast computer, you will notice this a bit more. Mine is pretty average as a gaming computer, so pretty hard to test myself.

The lag unfortunately is a fp thing. The slower the omega of a fp flipper, the slower the flipper will swing, as fp’s physics are “all in one”. I’ve actually done a lot of code to reduce this as much as possible, but you also need a very low omega to be able to flick from tip to tip.

If you have a really fast computer, or a cabinet, you can try this in the script

Change:
      shivaFlippersPresetCase=3 ‘ Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

To

shivaFlippersPresetCase=1 ‘ Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

And if that doesn’t quite work, then try this as well
      LeftFlipperSwingAngleEnd=32 ‘ Max amount of dynamic steps for omegas to reach MaxOmega
      RightFlipperSwingAngleEnd= 32
      RightFlipper2SwingAngleEnd= 32

Change the number to a lower value. try 20-25. This decreases the amount of steps needed for the variable coil, but will also make each step a stronger omega.

There has also been some pretty big changes to my physics for the game as I have learned a lot about FP the last year, and with this new version, Jungle Girl fpx is one of the best games in terms of playability out there. The game is just a blast to play now.

Jungle Girl is based on the comic book series from Dynamite Comics, and I selected that theme because you just can’t get more pinball like than a pretty girl in a bikini fighting dinosaurs. I wish to thank all the talent that helped create this game.

Additional contributions by popotte, smoke,PolyGame, GeorgeH, Francisco666, Gimli, and Ravacade. Art by Frank Cho, Adriane Batista, and others

This requires the latest version of BAM. at http://www.ravarcade.pl/ (ravarcade.pl – BAM – Future Pinball Mod)
      If you do not have Future Pinball with BAM installed, I would recommend you use the all-in-one installer, also available at http://www.ravarcade.pl/ (ravarcade.pl – BAM – Future Pinball Mod)

Also, I have included the master files higher res versions of the art for those with 4k cabinets as well as a wheel image.

To those in the vpx community who tested out the game and gave me feedback, I thank you. I choose the toughest crowd to impress, because I felt JG was a big step forward, and needed to know if I was right to think so. The feedback was very positive, so at the very least, I know the flippers and general physics are greatly improved and can continue to move forward and make them even better. I’m pretty sure some of you never thought FP could play this good even a year ago.

A note to the testers. There have been a lot of changes to the game, as I reserved them from the 2 test versions and have added them in this release. if you have a test version, you will definately want to download version 1 as there are a few “new things” I have added. (wink wink,nudge,nudge)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by shiva.
      goblindriver
      Participant
        @goblindriver

Awesome to see more fp tables here!

shiva
        Participant
          @shiva

Forgot to mention this. FP has certain problems with the speed of the flipper if the strength is too low, the flipper gets laggy. If you have a very fast computer, you will notice this a bit more. Mine is pretty average as a gaming computer, so pretty hard to test myself.

The lag unfortunately is a fp thing. The slower the omega of a fp flipper, the slower the flipper will swing, as fp’s physics are “all in one”. I’ve actually done a lot of code to reduce this as much as possible, but you also need a very low omega to be able to flick from tip to tip.

If you have a really fast computer, or a cabinet, you can try this in the script

Change:
          shivaFlippersPresetCase=3 ‘ Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

To

shivaFlippersPresetCase=1 ‘ Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

And if that doesn’t quite work, then try this as well
          LeftFlipperSwingAngleEnd=32 ‘ Max amount of dynamic steps for omegas to reach MaxOmega
          RightFlipperSwingAngleEnd= 32
          RightFlipper2SwingAngleEnd= 32

Change the number to a lower value. try 20-25. This decreases the amount of steps needed for the variable coil, but will also make each step a stronger omega.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          ripleyyy
          Participant
            @ripleyyy

is this “done” from Pharaoh ?

i cant put a name on these sound are some seems (are !) SS BALLY to me, but mostly i have Pharaoh in mind when listening to the gameplay ;)

shiva
            Participant
              @shiva

Hey ripleyyy. Long time.

This is a Bally Table, so Bally sound set. Bally had 4 different sound sets for their 80-82 tables, this is from Centaur/vector/Embryon, and a couple from ebd and others I found that sounded similar and fit the rest.

Not done from Pharaoh. different company.  :)

Marcio
              Participant
                @marcioclauss

Very Cool Thanks  shiva :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Bendo
                Participant
                  @bendo

Thank you so much for all your hard work making this table and sharing with the rest of us !!!

shiva
                  Participant
                    @shiva

Your welcome guys. I’m going to work on this a bit more, had a idea late last night to improve the flippers, and need to finish the EOS . Stay tuned…

KiwiBri
                    Participant
                      @kiwibri

tempted to install FP just to play this!

thank you!

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

It’s a beautiful table @kiwibri .  I played the earlier version and was very impressed with the design and artwork.

RegalBegal
                        Participant
                          @rgalbegal

Gotta say im impressed. I’ve been getting away from Future Pinball for various issues with it. But this table dosen’t seem to have the same issues. Also, it looks & plays FANTASTIC. It’s a keeper. Well Done!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?