Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Fibology
    Participant
      @fibology

Hi Thalamus,

First of all thnx for your reply.

I’m running the latest official vpx 10.5.0

and Vpinmame version is 3.1

Which versions do you suggest and how do i upgrade?

thnx

:good:

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/ – pick in the dropdown – the latest 3760.

Then go and get latest 3.2 pinmame beta. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=45027

Both are to be considered stable enough and actually, the more that use it now in the closing fases ( 10.6 is soon going to be released ) the better. If you’re a dev, there is a small issue right now that is going to be fixed in the next release. But, most people don’t need to care about it at all.

Good luck, and make sure you update ALL files included – overwriting what you have. BUT, just to be one the safe side. Do a ZIP of you VPinball and Pinmame folder. It never hurts to make a backup, though, I should add. I haven’t in a long time ;-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Fibology
        Participant
          @fibology

Hi Thalamus,

I’m fully updated now, but the issue remains.

switch failure, any other suggestions?

btw, am i really the only one… ?  :wacko:

Thnx

Fibology
          Participant
            @fibology

Hi Thalamus,

Me and my big mouth, i spoke too soon.

At the startup it claims a switch failure but in fact, the t-rex is moving now!

Thanks for your help!

Not really a fan of beta versions, hence my version.

I’ll make an exception for vpx :-) :yahoo:

Thalamus
              @thalamus

It’s ok to thank me I guess. But, it is really the authors that deserves it – don’t you think ? ;-)

Fibology
              Participant
                @fibology

Well i guess you’re right, except the authors didnt help me in getting the table running.

That was my intention for the thanks, and u and only u deserve those credits ;)

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Did you also copy over the mesh flippers? The texture won’t map nicely on vp native flippers.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Do this. Open manually both tables so they are open in the same instance of VP. Now from the original, select both primitive flippers. Use menu, select copy and them use Window and switch over the the receiving table. Use menu again and paste. The “mesh” flippers will be copied into the new table at the location of the original, so they probably need to be moved a bit. That is the easiest way to copy primitives or mesh flippers from a table to another. These mesh flippers has materials, they can be exported, edited and imported. All primitives needs materials and the shape of the “picture” is dependent on the mesh. Doing it this way, you don’t have to scale, rotate etc, as values is also copied from the original table.

Note. primitives is almost always “toys” (just visual ) that move with the VP flipper via table script. And the flippers themselves are invisible.

BrandonLaw
                    Participant
                      @brandonlaw

In case anyone is reloading all tables and putting that extra shine on the small stuff…I made this ball for this table and a couple of others.  Works good for the extra dark tables (Chrome_Ball_31 is my personal fav, and this one is pshopped to be a bit lighter lut.)

Chrome_Ball_31_lighter

"Fuck this game. I love it."

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Hey now!  Thanks for this.  I’ve been turning environment emission down low on some tables lately and goofing with bloom etc. – -on L-man’s especially, and the ball can get really dark.  Had been tinkering to fix that.  Will give this a try.  Thanks for sharing!!

kwaaizaat
                        Participant
                          @kwaaizaat

Thanks for putting this together & sharing..

bietekwiet
                          Participant
                            @bietekwiet

Hi ,

Thank you for the great table.

I have a sound issue though.

No matter what I try , the mechanical sound volume is very low. I have a separate sound device for playfield which drives 2 exciters and even when I crank up the sound levels in Pinvol to 99% it is still too low to my liking.

In VPX, both backglass  as playfield are on 100% in Audio Settings.

I checked the table script and found 2 volume settings. One of them increased volume of ball rolling but the general mechanical sounds remain quite low.

Any suggestions?

ps 1: Other tables are ok with my setup

ps2: I use PinupPopper as frontend and Pinvol for volume control. I have switched off the pup pack and are just running the b2s with altsound on 0.

RemkoDelsman
                            Participant
                              @remkodelsman

I’m new in the VP world and got this table working as a first and it really made me smile. Thank you so much.

R.

Galahad
                              Participant
                                @galahad

Hi,
                                Thank you for this wonderful recreation of a wonderful table, well done! :good:
                                Here is your table in action in a true DT environment…

Greetz,
                                Galahad.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Dutchman
                                Participant
                                  @dutchguy

thank you for this nice table! :good:

theagentcy
                                  Participant
                                    @theagentcy

I’m loading this in VR and everything is perfect except when you launch the first ball it tries to load 2 balls at once. The first one launches and after you lose it, no other balls will launch. I’m trying to get this to work so I can play in VR with my father, it was our favorite table, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sixtoe
                                    Participant
                                      @kiella

I’m loading this in VR and everything is perfect except when you launch the first ball it tries to load 2 balls at once. The first one launches and after you lose it, no other balls will launch. I’m trying to get this to work so I can play in VR with my father, it was our favorite table, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you downloaded and used the VR version here? (which has it’s own support section btw)

However, there was no change to the launcher code, so it might be something wrong with your install, you’re not using 10.7 are you? If so, roll back to 10.6 and get the July update, further instructions are here;

click this link

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?