This topic contains 169 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  randr 1 hour, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 170 total)
  • Author
     Johngreve 
    Participant

Wow….what an EPIC release!

I’ve been a fan of this table since it came out in 93..,the same time as the movie. My daughter was only 5-6 at the time and was all dinosaurs 24/7. I remember we would stop in at Aladins Castle as a family and play that table back then…..all she cared about was getting the Dino to eat the ball…..points mean nothing to a child that age, they just want to see things happen on the PF. I can’t say for sure but I’ll bet my daughter had to stand on a stool to hit the flipper buttons and see the playfield. This was the table I taught her to press only one flipper button at a time rather than both at the same time as most kids do when they are learning. Man those were the days……now she’s 29 and we still play this table when she comes home but no longer needs a stool.Shes going to love this version to be sure.

Anyway, enough reminiscing and back to the topic at hand. I love the razor sharp detail of the playfield and how well it’s lit. Absolutely love the way the spotlight light reflects off of the Dinosaurs head as he goes down to pick up the ball. I don’t know if that’s easy or hard to do but it sure looks impressive. Love the insert lighting, bright and crisp…easy to read. The ball physics are perfectly suited to the way I play. Also love all the options and especially the glow ball. Super creative…try that on the real table.Don’t take you eye off the ball either to look at the DMD display or you’ll lose the ball in the blink of any eye…..I’ll never learn though, I keep doing it and curse myself under my breath to stop doing that.

I just printed out the rules, like 24 pages or so and am going to make it my business to learn this table inside and out. This table is another magnificent achievement in VP. I’ve got a few real tables, TZ,BK2000 and both the P2k tables but because of releases like this my VirtuaPin cabinet is the go-to cabinet for me. Bravo team! Just a tremendous achievement, I watched the build come together on the WIP thread and just couldn’t wait. So happy when it was released….couldn’t run down to the cabinet to DL it fast enough.

Thank you all!!!

Some users who have liked this topic:

2 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@johngreve now that’s a great review :good:

I love the story too

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

chokeee 
    Participant

Probably you will think I’m an asshole, maybe I am but I’m trying to be honest. In my opinion Clark Kent makes the best physic in the whole VP community. The most important thing that characterizes his improvements – he can perfectly eliminate unnatural ball backspin. I’m sorry you can not get along.

Dark & friends, Jurassic Park is the first DE table (without Pinsound) I can play and I love it :) Thank you.

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

What a great table guys.

Congrats to all of you who put in countless hours on this.

Fantastic job.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Probably you will think I’m an asshole, maybe I am but I’m trying to be honest. In my opinion Clark Kent makes the best physic in the whole VP community. The most important thing that characterizes his improvements – he can perfectly eliminate unnatural ball backspin. I’m sorry you can not get along. Dark & friends, Jurassic Park is the first DE table (without Pinsound) I can play and I love it :) Thank you.

lol… I’m guessing you don’t get out to play real pinball much then!

chokeee 
    Participant

I regulary play real pinballs and played it before more than you think :) As I said many times “the worst thing” in VPX is unnatural ball backspin and many tables has it. That guy can fix it and that is enought. Even the best looking table with great physic but with “backspin problem” receives the pleasure of playing. Im sure many of “us” think the same. I can give you examples of that tables and u can compare it to the real pinball.

Ok guys that is enought. Thanks for your time, your hard work. I really appreciate and admire your skills. Thanks for great hobby! Peace.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I agree, I hate unnatural backspin.  Where do you see it on thus table?  I know I haven’t.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

TNT2 
    Participant

Probably you will think I’m an asshole, maybe I am but I’m trying to be honest. In my opinion Clark Kent makes the best physic in the whole VP community. The most important thing that characterizes his improvements – he can perfectly eliminate unnatural ball backspin. I’m sorry you can not get along. Dark & friends, Jurassic Park is the first DE table (without Pinsound) I can play and I love it :) Thank you.

I don’t think too many people question Clark Kent’s abilities it’s all about the presentation.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Agreed! @clarkkent is a good table tweaker I don’t think anyone has said differently. I’m always open to improving playability that’s for sure!

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Personally I have never liked CK’s physics. But that’s just my opinion. I could get into it but really don’t care anymore to be honest about it. I’ve lost all passion for VP and that’s why none of you have seen me on here in months. I thought I would just take some time off and maybe come back but that isn’t in the cards anymore. I’ve been a lot less stressed not reading all the bull shit that comes with this hobby. I’ll just stick to real pinball from now on.

I have a lot of respect for the guys involved with this amazing table so this will be my last post in this thread regarding this topic. I don’t want to send this thread in the wrong direction. Again guys amazing job on this build. You all sparked me to fire up my pincab for the 1st time in about 6 months to check it out. :-)

TNT2 
    Participant

Bravo. Thank you for this masterpiece!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Micronaut 
    Participant

amigos,esto es tremendamente asombroso,quiero agradecerles su gran labor por este impresionante trabajo. :good:

chokeee 
    Participant

Can u guys check if ball rolling sound code is ok?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Should be fine what issues are you having?

chokeee 
    Participant

I spent the whole weekend playing JP. What a masterpiece! Now it is my top 5 table. If I had anything to add/change on this table it would be a wire ramp shadow on playfield to add the depth. Thank you guys.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Do you have shadow options on in script?

chokeee 
    Participant

Yes. Playfield image has no shadow.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Table has many shadow images turned on and off depending on GI or what lights that are on You should see many different shadows in this build

chokeee 
    Participant

Dont get me wrong. The table looks fucking amazing :) And fake wire ramp shadow is what I would like to see on it :)

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

There are actually ramp shadows.  They are just much more subtle than you see on other tables.  They are also much more noticeable when the flashers start to fire.  In my opinion, they are realistic … I’ve never noticed shadows from wire ramps on a real pinball.  But then again, it might make a difference what environment you’re in (how much ambient light).  I understand other may disagree and I respect the everyone’s opinion as to how they think it should be.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account