Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

you need to read the start of this post by nfozzy, but feel free to read it all.  Don’t feel bad if 95% goes over your head, i feel the same way.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38651&page=1

Also the latest pinmame is required:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3461-sambuild31-beta-thread/?page=7

Once you are all setup it’s down to changinging Const UseSolenoids = 1 to Const UseSolenoids = 2

Then when you start the table and press F11 you will see the increased flipper response time.  I assure you you will most likely not visually see a difference, but I always find my high scores go up after implementation.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I put up a wiki about the subject a few days ago. It references the same stuff Jesperpark mentions. Easier maybe to point people toward for the future, and – it’s a wiki so please feel free to update/improve.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/fastflip-tables-and-info/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        chokeee
        Participant
          @chokeee

Ok guys, what has been changed in 1.03 version? Is it quick script fix?

outhere
          Participant
            @brucev
            chokeee
            Participant
              @chokeee

outhere so what doesn it mean? (10.5 beta fix. ;)) I have modded table for myself and I would like to change just srcipt if it is possible and not mod new table ;P

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

The only thing changed were the ramps above the right inlane so the ball won’t get stuck after the 10.5 ramp physics update.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

chokeee
                Participant
                  @chokeee

:good:

kino412
                  Participant
                    @kino412

Thanks for the help on the fast flips. I’ve finally got mine working which is awesome!

Does anyone know if it’s possible to skip the T-rex diagnostics when the table first launches? I’ve used 7 to go through the menu, but I’m not seeing an option to disable/skip it. Not a big deal, but figured I’d ask.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I don’t think it can be bypassed unless you disable T. rex in rom and that’s not a good idea

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

kino412
                      Participant
                        @kino412

I don’t think it can be bypassed unless you disable T. rex in rom and that’s not a good idea

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer. Figured I’d ask. It’s cool to watch the T-rex do his thing, but I’m impatient and want to play this table as fast as possible.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

well i get wanting to disable it but i used to own a real one and did same thing so short of faking out rom i dont think it can be bypassed. machine needs to test it

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Magnus
                          Participant
                            @solidrock68

Amazing work on this table! Is there a backdrop availible for desktop mode? :heart:

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

You can download the PM5 DT version which includes a Backdrop made by Batch, which you can export out of that table, and Import into this VPX version.

Find PM5 DT version here..

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12577

Load PM5 table into editor and click “Preferences” tab…then click “Image Manager”…

Then go to the pic named “Jurassic Park WS” and click on it so it is highlighted.

Then click “Export” and you can save the pic to your documents. (As seen in pic.)

Capture

Now open the VPX table.

Except now when you get to Image Manger, you will be clicking “Import” and then simply browse to the pic you just exported out of the PM5 table.

Batch has created a couple of DT Backdrop packs available for download on another site, that will have most of these DT Backdrops for tables that are missing them.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

I am assuming you are the same person asking how to move the dmd on other site…

For Jurassic Park PM5 Dark Javier DT Batch mod…

Add these lines right after Line 146 so it will look like this..

Starting at Line 141…

With Controller
                              .GameName =Romset
                              .SplashInfoLine = “JurassicPark (Data East 1993)” & vbNewLine &_
                              “VPM Table And Script By PD”
                              .ShowTitle = False : .ShowFrame = False : .ShowDMDOnly = True
                              .HandleMechanics = False
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_x”)=0
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_y”)=0
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_width”)=200
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_height”)=70
                              On Error Resume Next
                              .Run : If Err Then MsgBox Err.Description
                              On Error Goto 0
                              End With

The “dmd_pos_x” number will move the DMD to the right. 0 is default and starts in upper left corner of screen. The higher the number, the more to the right it moves.

The “dmd_pos_y” number will move the DMD towards bottom. 0 is default and starts in upper left corner of screen. The higher the number, the more it moves towards bottom of screen.

The “dmd_width” number will widen the DMD. The higher the number, the wider the DMD appears.

The “dmd_height” number will make the DMD taller. The higher the number, the taller the DMD appears.

With these script commands, you can position the DMD anywhere you want it, and at any size.

And it will always be at that position when you start that particular table.

For the VPX version…

Add the same 4 lines in script starting after Line 339…

So it will look like this starting at Line 327…

Sub Table1_Init
                              vpmInit Me
                              With Controller
                              .GameName = cGameName
                              If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t start Game” & cGameName & vbNewLine & Err.Description:Exit Sub
                              .SplashInfoLine = “JurassicPark (Data East 1993) By Dark”
                              .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“rol”) = 0
                              .HandleMechanics = 0
                              .HandleKeyboard = 0
                              .ShowDMDOnly = 1
                              .ShowFrame = 0
                              .ShowTitle = 0
                              .Hidden = 0
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_x”)=0
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_y”)=0
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_width”)=200
                              Controller.Games(“jupk_513”).Settings.Value(“dmd_height”)=70
                              On Error Resume Next
                              .Run GetPlayerHWnd
                              If Err Then MsgBox Err.Description
                              On Error Goto 0
                              End With

Hope this helps you.

Added pic to show how script commands for DMD look in script, as the script all gets pushed to left side of page when wrote in this forum.

Capture2

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Magnus
                              Participant
                                @solidrock68

Sorta worked. I got the dmd in right position but it is still to big to fit in the predrawn

slot on the backdrop. Seems like 200×70 is the smallest possible dmd size this way?

Reaper802
                                Participant
                                  @reaper802

Finally got PinSound up and running on this table and man what a difference.  Has anyone ever considered doing alternate playfield art as a mod?  This table with new playfield art would be epic in my opinion.  No more sausage fingers!

jbg4208
                                  Participant
                                    @jbg4208

No more sausage fingers!

Never noticed the sausage fingers till you said that… Now I cannot un-see this …  :wacko:

sifusun
                                    Participant
                                      @sifusun

THX !!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:

Draifet
                                      Participant
                                        @draifet

I think I never thanked u for this amazing table. Thanks guys, one of the best. Nicely accompanied with the alt sound and color dmd.

I did some small changes for myself, if someone of the authors is interested please tellme and I will send u the file, from what I can remember:

Some changes on the playfield, tried to minimize the “sausage fingers” (that post remembered me about the changes I did), and added the missing stripes on the helicopter top light bobrder. Modified a little the eyes on the super awesome T-Rex model. Modified the image and material of the bumpers to be less transparent.  Fixed the egg light (-10 bias value displayed it bad).

mikencnet
                                        Participant
                                          @mikencnet

Anyone know what’s going and how to fix it when I try this table?  The T-Rex and ball starts erasing the table as they move  :cry:

IMG_0593

mikencnet
                                          Participant
                                            @mikencnet

Anyone know what’s going and how to fix it when I try this table?  The T-Rex and ball starts erasing the table as they move  :cry:

IMG_0593

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?