Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Deluxe B2S Dual Backglass + Special BG Video + Wheels + More

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    HiRez00
    Participant
      @hirez00

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/jurassic-park-data-east-1993-deluxe-b2s-dual-backglass-special-bg-video-wheels-more/

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAY ‘THANKS’ THE FIRST POST IN THE SUPPORT TOPIC BY CLICKING ON THE ‘THANKS’ BUTTON. THIS IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

This SPECIAL EDITION B2S Backglass, and Special Video Backglass Version were made especially for Siggi’s Jurassic Park table mod, BUT … you can always use them as an alternate backglass set for ANY Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) VPX table.

The original backglass / translite for this pinball wasn’t very interesting, so I decided to make a new backglass using a brand new / high-resolution alternate image “authentic” and “fantasy” b2s backglass fx.

Backglass is Dual Mode with Authentic (simulated turn on and constant illumination) and Fantasy (basic light animation).

The special VIDEO backglass (included in HD – 1920 x 1080 and 2K – 2200 x 1238 format resolutions) was made because what I wanted to do with this VIDEO backglass was not possible with a b2s file (lighting and rain fx) without either a huge file size or the risk of slowing down the tables gameplay – ie: ball stutter. I explain how to use the VIDEO version of the backglass further in this post.

That’s why I opted to make VIDEO version that continuously loops, instead. This drastically reduces any lag or stutter that would happen with a multi-frame bs2 backglass file.

I personally am using the 2k special backglass video in my cabinet and NOT the B2S animated backglass (cuz it is way cooler!) – but I still made the B2S versions for both 2 and 3 screen users so they wouldn’t feel left out.

I also made a couple of mew wheel images specifically for this backglass / video if you decide to have multiple versions of the table in your setup.

Real Color DMD users will be happy to see I also included a RealColorDMD AVI and MP4 using snippets from the real dmd + a couple animations and additions I did by hand – i.e.: the T-Rex walking across the logo.

Backglass videos, wheels, and topper videos have been split into separate .zip files so you only need to download what you want / need.

All files have been tested.

INCLUDED FILES:

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE Dual Mod Backglass.directB2S

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE – Backglass Video – 2K.mp4

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE – Backglass Video – HD.mp4

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) RealColorDMD.avi

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) RealColorDMD.mp4

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE – Wheel 1.png

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE – Wheel 2.png

Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) SE – Wheel 3.png

– – – – – – – – – – – – – –

HOW TO USE VIA PINBALLX :

1.) Make sure you name / rename the VPX table a completely different name than any other version of the table you may have. So instead of naming the table Jurassic Park (Data East 1993).vpx – name the table JP-Special (Data East 1993).vpx – or something else creative. This will prevent VPX from trying to “match” the b2s file to the table when it loads. You should NOT rename any pirates b2s to that file name. It should load without any backglass present because there is no backglass named that special name.

2.) Load PinballX’s game manager and select “Add New” table. Use the manager to add the JP-Special (Data East 1993) table as the table name. You can set the Description to whatever you want … Using the Import pulldown menu, and select Backglass – and load the backglass .MP4 file. Load the other stuff if you want at this time, i.e.: Wheel Image, Topper, etc.

3.) IMPORTANT: Directly under the Table name and Description for this table in PinballX, there is a row of check boxes. Make sure “Hide Backglass” is UNCHECKED. This will keep the backglass video running when load the table through PinballX and keep it on the screen looping while you are playing the table.

4.) Load PinballX, scroll through to this particular table, and go ahead and load it … and go PLAY pinball!

That’s it!

Similar styled front ends can use “basically” the same process.

– – – – – – – – –

This project took A HUGE amount of time … so “thanks” or comments in the support topic would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: I create these image, videos, tables and backglass files for fun and for the dedicated VPX pinball users on this and other forum. I DID NOT create this for you to download as SELL, MAKE MONEY OR PROFIT ON … You have been warned!

DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking / getting permission first.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Daaaaamn! Looks VERY cool.

blokenamedblake
        Participant
          @blokenamedblake

I’m so sorry in advance for the dumb question….. I’m using Popper, can I (and then how do I) use a video background while playing the table.

I’m all over the adding a b2s, but I keep seeing these cool video backglass creations and don’t know of I can use them.

Happy for just a useful link to a guide if it exists

lazzlo
          Participant
            @lazzlo

Thank you very much for this.

I really appreciate the quality of work that you put into every release.

HiRez00
            Participant
              @hirez00

Unfortunately, I don’t use popper as a front end, so I don’t know how to advise as to how to get it to work.

BUT, that being said, I know it can be done because I have got messages and emails from popper users that got them working fairly easily.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              Mike DA Spike
              Participant
                @mikedaspike

This looks awesome @Hirez00 !

Only one thing : if I dont load a directb2s file, my dof wil not work.

HiRez00
                Participant
                  @hirez00

Mike,

I think there is a setting in the ‘script’ for the table that you can change how DOF registers (ie: by not using the b2s).

I haven’t had this problem with ANY of the tables I’ve made “video” backglass versions for.

I will check later today.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Astroboy
                  Participant
                    @astroboy

I dont even have VPX or a computer that can run it yet, but seeing this type of work and enthusiasm to contribute to the community really makes me want to get something started soon! Very excited to get up and running, and have these kinds of exciting visuals up on a screen. Just have to cobble together some funds. Thanks for the dedication and detailed work!

Dungo
                    Participant
                      @dungo

Thx for your great work!!!

flstclasic
                      Participant
                        @flstclasic

I’m so sorry in advance for the dumb question….. I’m using Popper, can I (and then how do I) use a video background while playing the table.

I’m all over the adding a b2s, but I keep seeing these cool video backglass creations and don’t know of I can use them.

Happy for just a useful link to a guide if it exists

Put the video in the backglass in Popper media manager. Then go to game manager and check to leave the backglass on in game manager, keep displays on.

Thanks HiRez for this one. I agree the original was pretty boring.

Mopple
                        Participant
                          @mopple

Hi! THX a million for the GREAT work and effort….. alas, I can’t get it to work:

*My table is called “Sam Neill 1993.vpx” (creative, right?)

*The description in Game Manager reads “Jurassic Park SM”

*My regular backglass (which I don’t want to use anymore, obviously) is called “Jurassic Park (1993).direct2bs”

*Your COOL backglass video file  is called  “Cool Backglass 2K.mp4”

*I did everything you wrote: Add New Table, Import backglass (mp4) and wheel, NOT check “Hide Backglass”

–> BUT: It always loads with the regular backglass!

What am I missing here, please? Can you help? So many thanks in advance! :scratch:

HiRez00
                          Participant
                            @hirez00

@mopple

It sound like you have an older Jurassic Park Backglass video still floating around in the folder that PinballX saves the Backglass Videos to. Usually its PinballX/Media/Virtual Pinball X/Backglass Videos – your path might be slightly different.

Do a search in that Backglass Videos folder and REMOVE all the Jurassic Park Backglass videos – move them to your desktop or delete them.

The new backglass file needs to be the same file name as whatever you have the the Description name for the new table, so if your table description is Jurassic Park SM – the backglass video should be named Jurassic Park SM.mp4.

Sometimes when you change the name of a table in PinballX, it will TRY to reconnect the media for it like wheels, backglass, etc. and it doesn’t always work properly and you have to go do this sort of thing manually.

So – go remove all Jurassic Park Backglass videos from the Backglass folder, and then go Re-import the new backglass in the game manager. PinballX will automatically rename the backglass when it imports it – but just in case, rename it to Jurassic Park SM.mp4 anyway.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Mopple
                            Participant
                              @mopple

YES! I couldn’t believe the amount of files floating around in some folders…

Thank you so much again for your incredible work, THIS is what it should have looked like in the first place! :-)))!

—-> Now if I could just get rid of that annoying test music at the beginning when it “tests” the T-Rex!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?