(SOLVED) Keys won’t work on Visual Pinball X at all

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    weirdo
    Participant
      @weirdo

Greetings.  So i downloaded the full installer for Visual Pinball X 10.6.0 and i’ve tried previous versions as well.  I can get tables to launch on it no problem, the lights are flashing and startup sound effects are working and everything.

The problem is i can’t get VPX to recognize my wired keyboard during play, nor does my controller work.  I can go into preferences and edit the keys, but as soon as i close the screen whatever i changed isn’t saved at all because as soon as i open up the keys screen everything is back to default.

If i try pressing 1 or 5 or any alphabetical number, any shift or key anywhere on keyboard, nothing happens, i can’t add credits or get a game to start (not to be confused with being able to launch a table, i can do that fine).  Also i’ve tried running the program as and as not as administrator.  Any idea what’s going on?

Mike DA Spike
      Participant
        @mikedaspike

Not sure, but do you have “overide default layout” checked in the keys menu?

weirdo
        Participant
          @weirdo

So turns out two factors are what were giving me problems.  One was if I use XPadder at any time, even if i close the program it screws up the key layout.  Secondly is i must run as administrator.  But it’s weird that if i run xpadder, even if i close it and then try to play that it still causes the keys to not work.  Anyway, problem solved =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?