Kings of Steel (Bally 1984)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    J4miePlayer
    Participant
      @j4mieplayer

@j4mieplayer : I believe you’re correct about the tiltsw needing to be 15, but, I’m not sure if there is anything wrong with the drops. You have to remember that the in-/outlane spots one target of either white or yellow. So, I believe that is also why it always pops up either a single white or yellow target with the others. I believe also that you only need to get down those lit ones. I’m grasping at straws now, haven’t even looked at the manual.

Hi Thalamus, I edited the post after you replied, another beer helped figure out what was going on and found there was an adjustment that could be made to get the drop targets to behave. It now looks like the behaviour in the YouTube clip

I also swapped sw18 and 20 although they are correct according to the manual as 32Assasin said, so could be the lights round the wrong way as I have found no way of maping lights to the manuals at all

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Nice find. Confirmed, seems to solve the last issue I’ve seen. Thanks !

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Thank you very much 32assassins, I disabled b2s and the tables works perfect.

bha19
          Participant
            @bha19

Great table and thanks for the bug fixes. Anybody figure out the right gate. It does not close, but it seems that the arrow light does go out. Should not the gate be closed at the start of the ball? It seems it is only closed and the end of a game.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Uh. Yes, I now remember seeing that and wondering why that would be. Probably another small thing that needs some extra eyes.

Rajo Joey
              Participant
                @joey2001

Thanks for this table. :good:

Here are my two wheels for this table.

As always you find my wheels in my MEGA-account or in the PinUp Popper media-database:
                https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg

Kings of Steel (Bally 1984)

Kings of Steel (Bally 1984) Logo

3 users thanked author for this post.
                bha19
                Participant
                  @bha19

I now think the gate is mapped backward. I was able to hit the spot target for open gate and it closed the gate.

J4miePlayer
                  Participant
                    @j4mieplayer

I now think the gate is mapped backward. I was able to hit the spot target for open gate and it closed the gate.

Hi bha19, yep just swap the “if then else” for the gate around and it works as expected

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I believe you might be right about the gate being mapped backwards. It is kind of the only thing that makes sense, except for the confusing flashing light that says open gate. But, well, I switched those around and did some manual testing and now it least is something you have to deserve to get to open, and it closes passing sw2.

J4miePlayer
                      Participant
                        @j4mieplayer

Yeah I was wondering about that flashing light too, been watching gameplay of real table and it doesn’t do that so this might be a lamp mapped to the wrong place, not by my cab at the moment but will look later. In the footage there is a lamp up by the 3’s lane that is always flashing that is potetially where this lamp should go assuming the Rom is the same

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

I did a quick look at only the lights as I enabled/disabled the gate, but, I wasn’t able to figure it out right of the top of my head. Need to look at some videos of the real machine I guess to have any hope of finding it out.

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

I updated the right flipper diverter

but something tells me that the DOF guys are going to say that one of their contactors remains in the “ON” (vertical) position

during game play.

here is a temp upload so you guys can test it out

DropTarget timer changed

upper lights for the Stand Up targets swapped ( assuming they are wrong given that we can confirm that the Stand up targets are in the correct position)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl36hkd3r8mzsp3/Kings%20of%20Steel%20%28Bally%201984%29.vpx?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            J4miePlayer
                            Participant
                              @j4mieplayer

@32Assasin, looking good :-) I can confirm the stand-up lights are now the right way round, I think I have figured out how they map to the schematics

In the schematics the Right Gate arrow lamp is tied straight to the gate solenoid and GI so is not controlled by the lamp driver board

Lamp 25 goes to U2-8,  Connector J1-5 which is Start wheel, so should be up under the 3’s Plastic.

bha19
                              Participant
                                @bha19

Hi bha19, yep just swap the “if then else” for the gate around and it works as expected

Thanks, I think that worked. I swapped line 72 and 73 with lines 75 and 76

J4miePlayer
                                Participant
                                  @j4mieplayer

If anyone is interested, here is how the Light numbers relate to the schematic

Attachments:
                                  2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  batch
                                  Participant
                                    @batch

Thanks, one of my last VP9 tables to remove from my Tables folder

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

file has been updated again same Dropbox link

changed your upper flipper

adjusted the height on your drop targets, so that you could see the tops after they dropped, and the ball can’t fall into the playfield.

I shifted forward the 5 round targets behind the drop targets and added sound when they are hit

I added original table sounds to your walls

changed some sounds to original table

this table has some custom sound calls for some hit events.  they should play from your Samples folder

Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\samples

no clue how to map this so they where  added directly to the Target and Scoring Rubber hit calls in the script

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      bha19
                                      Participant
                                        @bha19

After more play testing it seems that the gate works if you do the swap I mentioned, but the arrow does not always sink with the gate.

J4miePlayer
                                        Participant
                                          @j4mieplayer

@bha19 the arrow is mapped to light 25 which is wrong. In the schematics the arrow is not ROM controlled it is tied straight to the gate solenoid so I added a line to the gate script to switch this lamp on and off.

I also moved L25 (ROM controlled) up under the plastics by the 3’s lane replacing GI_15 or 16 I think

J4miePlayer
                                          Participant
                                            @j4mieplayer

Also looking at the Youtube vids of this table, the center wheel target should be a big rectangle. This table really plays well though, I’m surprised as a lot of these earlier tables are a bit short on playability B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?