KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

Wow….I love this! Plays great….music sounds terrific and the graphics and toys look great too. What a great table! You’d never know that there isn’t a ROM running this beast….what an achievement by you Daryl. Thanks very much for sharing your very fine work with “the commoners”,I’m totally not worthy. ? One question….when trying to enter my initials on the high score screen on the DMD the DMD keeps going blank,then I have to push in the launch button to illuminate the the DMD again to try to get the initials entered. It’s really tricky and to be honest I haven’t been able to accomplish this yet.Im using build 1022,I see that there is a newer build now,maybe that addressed that? I’ll check the new build out ASAP. Thanks once again!!

I havent been able to duplicate this .. are you running UltraDMD 1.4? You should see > – < with the – flashing between a letter and the minus sign. Left/right flippers to change and plunger / enter to select.

Yep….running UltraDMD 1.4….it’s interesting in that after posting my original question about the high score screenI went back and played a few more games and now when I get the enter high score screen the DMD goes blank but now pressing the launch button does not light up the DMD as before.( when the enter your initials screen would light up it was as you described) It used to be pressing the launch button relit the DMD until the launch button was released,kinda like the operation of a momentary contact button.Don’t really know why the launch button relit the DMD before but now it doesn’t have any effect at all. In fact pressing any and all buttons on the cabinet has no influence on the DMD. It seems to eventually time out and goes into the “match” mode which relights the DMD once again. The DMD displays just fine in the attract mode between games.I’m wondering if  I should get a fresh download of the table and try that? I’m using all the latest VP10.2 beta,VPinMame 2.4. Maybe it’s worth mentioning too that during gameplay the DMD display shows the scores and the animations and such simultaneously so at times the scores,ball in play etc appear to be superimposed on top of the video images. Not sure if that is what One would normally expect to see as I’ve not played the actual table.

EDIT: Ok….

just played some more games…..perhaps I was mistaken originally when I said the launch button relit the DMD display as this time with certaininty the Start button relit the display. I was actually able to get my initials entered by continually pressing start so that I could  see the display. Maybe it was the start button all along.?

I also tried build 1020 with the same result. Also downloaded build 1025 and got script error Line 597 Variable is undefined:’DMDTextPause1′ upon hitting the start button. Can you tell me what that means?

This table is really fun….the more you play it and learn the table the more fun it is…..like most tables I reckon.

Any and all help is certainly appreciated….

Daryl
      Participant
        @allknowing2012

Re: I also tried build 1020 with the same result. Also downloaded build 1025 and got script error Line 597 Variable is undefined:’DMDTextPause1′ upon hitting the start button. Can you tell me what that means?

When updating .. you need to update the .vbs files (thats the heart of my code in there) as well .. you might or quite likely just updated the .vpx file.

Johngreve
        Participant
          @johngreve

When updating .. you need to update the .vbs files (thats the heart of my code in there) as well .. you might or quite likely just updated the .vpx file.

Your right …..I just did  rename the different version……I have absolutely no idea how and what to  update in the .vbs files. Can anyone give me  a brief tutorial? Is there a changelog of some  sort that tells what is different in each build. Hate to be a pest……..if it to big a pain to explain please ignore  these requests as I’m super happy with the WIP as it stands….just thought somewhere down the line  I’d have to learn this skill at some point and thought  why not now?

Thanks for the reply.

Johngreve
          Participant
            @johngreve

I am having the same issue as @johngreve with the DMD. It was what i meant in my first post but not described as accurately as John did I am running 1.4, but i got my initials in as i wanted my high score B-)

Hi Jesperpark…have you been able to resolve your issue? If so I be interested in finding out what works for you. After I get a new high score the enter initials screen shows for a very brief moment before going blank. Sounds like we have the same problem here. Just curious if you’ve found a remedy to this.

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

@johngreve Daryl updated his kiss vbs files from the download.  Download the new files and drop into your scripts folder and overwrite the old ones from previous

@Daryl when i updated to latest files i can say the high score is much improved.  It’s perfect when scrolling but when I stop at a letter know the DMD goes blank for maybe 1 second, then comes back to normal.  It seems a little unhappy going from dash to letter, but overall way better

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

To update thee .vbs files simply download the copies from my g drive and overwrite the ones you already have. I will update some quick checks in the .vpx to make ensure you are running the latest .vbs files in the next update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

PM sent to you Daryl.

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

I love playing the real one and can’t believe you did all this coding :). Great WIP and amazing work.

kurt mueller
                    Participant
                      @karlzon18

How to get DOF working on this great table will be much more fun when playing.

Karlson

Daryl
                      Participant
                        @allknowing2012

How to get DOF working on this great table will be much more fun when playing. Karlson

Should work as usual .. Get your latest dof table configs from the net and of course check your preferences to ensure you have DOF enabled.

Johngreve
                        Participant
                          @johngreve

Daryl updated his kiss vbs files from the download. Download the new files and drop into your scripts folder and overwrite the old ones from previous @Daryl when i updated to latest files i can say the high score is much improved. It’s perfect when scrolling but when I stop at a letter know the DMD goes blank for maybe 1 second, then comes back to normal. It seems a little unhappy going from dash to letter, but overall way better Thanks :good:

yep….I concur with Jesperpark…..the latest build 1025 allows entering initials for high scores a breeze now. Not sure why I had the problem with the earlier build but it’s been resolved in my mind.I’m not sure what else you plan to implement or update on this table but it feels like it complete to me. I love the physics and speed of the table,plays very fast….not sure who designed it but it has that Steve Ritchie feel to it. I’ll have to say….I was never a big Kiss fan back in the day but I dare say that I’m digging them more at age 62 than I did at 22. I often wondered what music I’d like as I grew older….well you know what…..your tastes don’t really change much at all but I will say your hearing goes to hell in a hand basket.?The ten songs on this table are just perfect too….it’s been a long time since I parked myself on a stool and just played the same table over and over again but found myself doing that with this one. I’m off to print out the ruleset on this one……just great fun!

Just a great addition to my cabinet…..can’t thank you enough.???

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

Should work as usual .. Get your latest dof table configs from the net and of course check your preferences to ensure you have DOF enabled. [/quote]

Wait DOF is working for this table?  Did not see it listed on the dof config tool site, I have latest config     :unsure:

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

Should work as usual .. Get your latest dof table configs from the net and of course check your preferences to ensure you have DOF enabled.

Wait DOF is working for this table? Did not see it listed on the dof config tool site, I have latest config :unsure: [/quote]
                              Arngrim did his magic on it before the wip post.

Table Name:Kiss (Original) Rom:kiss_original_2016 History:

Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

I updated the .directb2s and added a speaker/dmd panel for those using a 2 screen setup.  Just place the .directb2s and rename it to match the .vpx file. B2S should detect the 2 screen based on your screenres.txt file.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                TXT11
                                Participant
                                  @txt11

Excellent work Daryl – Thank you for the db2s update…..!!!  I’m a 2 screener. :bye:

kurt mueller
                                  Participant
                                    @karlzon18

Updated the ini files DOF works great job daryl.

Daryl
                                    Participant
                                      @allknowing2012

Updated tonight to include apron mod by RustyCarDores along with new coding for BackStagePass’ Super Ramps, Super Bumpers, Super Targets, Super Spinner. Also some tweaks to clear certain values between games/players/balls.  Might make your scores a bit harder now ;-)

Thanks for those downloading and playing along.. :yahoo:

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Finally got a chance to upgrade from the early version I had and it’s playing great.  Seems like maybe you did some work on the transitions between the songs and sounds?  It seems really smooth.  Great job on the table, Daryl.

RustyCardores
                                          @rustycardores
                                          MemberModerator

Latest version is playing great Daryl. Cheers!

I’d still like to figure out how to remove that white keyline on the apron though. I’ve updated a couple of aprons in the past and used a feathered selection. This normally gives a nice smooth edge and no keyline like I’m seeing here?

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

Latest version is playing great Daryl. Cheers! I’d still like to figure out how to remove that white keyline on the apron though. I’ve updated a couple of aprons in the past and used a feathered selection. This normally gives a nice smooth edge and no keyline like I’m seeing here?

I took your image and placed in on a black backdrop to see and get as much of the white off as I could.. I could cut back more I suppose.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?