This topic contains 134 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  TNT2 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Author
     razor 
    Participant

Others have had that error with other Music tables – so did you try putting a copy of bass.dll into your vpinmame directory? Is this a fresh install? Did you run setup.exe in vpinmame directory and click install.

I did all of the above, and I still get those errors. As for the music in preferences, I have tried using both the “primary sound driver” and the “Realtek Sound driver” (which I normally always use for all the other tables) without any luck whatsoever. All the other VPM tables work perfectly fine, except Kiss.     :wacko:

Daryl 
    Participant

Others have had that error with other Music tables – so did you try putting a copy of bass.dll into your vpinmame directory? Is this a fresh install? Did you run setup.exe in vpinmame directory and click install.

I did all of the above, and I still get those errors. As for the music in preferences, I have tried using both the “primary sound driver” and the “Realtek Sound driver” (which I normally always use for all the other tables) without any luck whatsoever. All the other VPM tables work perfectly fine, except Kiss. :wacko:

If other music tables work .. then try this .. remove the kiss music and make copies of other music files and name them to match the kiss music files.

Perhaps the codec I used in the music files is messing you up? See if it works with known good music files from other tables.

The table isnt scripted with anything unusual .. just the PlayMusic command.

JustAnotherRat 
    Participant

I am currently running 1.3 and full colour. I tried to upgrade to 1.4 but the installation fails…. I had troubles getting 1.3 installed until I found the .exe file rather than the .msi so my set up might be a bit weird. I’ll have another crack at installing 1.4 later

razor 
    Participant

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Attachments:
     Daryl 
    Participant

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Trying to translate the message – something about Parameter cant be null .. missing image?

Not sure where that is coming from.  I wonder if you dont have all the dmd images unzippd/copied into the Kiss.UltraDMD directory

Attachments:
     razor 
    Participant

Well, for some reason I could now start the table after choosing the “Primary sound drivers” in both “Play sound effects” and “Play Music” in preferences. However, after the ball has been launched, a script error comes up as soon as the ball hits the pop bumpers. See picture. Any clues why THIS happens? Damn..error after error..after error. I feel as if I don’t have permission to play this table! lol! Help again please!

Trying to translate the message – something about Parameter cant be null .. missing image? Not sure where that is coming from. I wonder if you dont have all the dmd images unzippd/copied into the Kiss.UltraDMD directory

I have copied the “KISS.UltraDMD” folder to the tables directory (where the Kiss table is), and all images are unzipped in the “KISS.UltraDMD” folder, but I still get that error about “can’t be null”. This is driving me nuts.  :unsure:

Daryl 
    Participant

I am willing to take a look via teamviewer if you want to do that (I am in New York timezone)

1 user thanked author for this post.
     razor 
    Participant

I am willing to take a look via teamviewer if you want to do that (I am in New York timezone)

That would be great and much appreciated! I will install it right away, and PM you when I’m done. Never used the program before so It may take a bit of time before I’ll send you a PM. But hang in there!   :yes:

JustAnotherRat 
    Participant

Does anyone know if on the real pinball version when you start a game (before you choose a song or launch the ball) if it starts on a different song each time? I think it does but can’t be certain.

Seraph 
    Participant

Thanks Daryl for all your work in this table

using gigula ‘s original code I modified it so that from table script you can set the dmd position , colour , and fullcolour off / on

Full post http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26602&page=21#entry362581

Daryl 
    Participant

Thanks Daryl for all your work in this table using gigula ‘s original code I modified it so that from table script you can set the dmd position , colour , and fullcolour off / on Full post http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26602&page=21#entry362581

I’ll add this to the next release – drawback though is everyone will now have to edit the table to place the dmd in a spot. Ideally would be nice if it could get them from inputs or something and store the results so people dont have to mess with code.

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

I don’t know why you would need to script position table by table. I’d expect that users would always just have it in the same position as VPM/dB2S. Users should just position it with the UltraDMD config tool. Color would need to be scripted in as there is no configuration storage for color by table. Copy over just the color part of Gigula’s code. Users can refer to this site for color names:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

Daryl 
    Participant

Updated posted to my G-drive.

Ballsave at start of multiball

random song choice at start of game (you always can change with right flipper)

Ability to optionally enter ultradmd values to override x/y position.  Colour is choice is hard coded in game but can be changed there.

Gene is a bit stronger when it coughs out the ball ;-)   :yahoo:

[update] 20161113b — quick fix for the match .. and no I dont know what day of the month it is ;-)

*If any one comes up with some better pf images please speak up ..

Seraph 
    Participant

@Carny – had done that as on my 2 screen setup, the dmd position for amh , kiss and the web (vp9) were all slightly different.

With thanks to carny’s and daryl’s comments – updated version that defaults to not changing dmd position unless specified

'---------- UltraDMD Unique Table Color preference -------------
    Dim DMDColor, DMDColorSelect, UseFullColor
    Dim DMDPosition, DMDPosX, DMDPosY

UseFullColor = "True"             ' "True" / "False"
    DMDColorSelect = "OrangeRed"      ' Rightclick on UDMD window to get full list of colours

DMDPosition = False               ' Use Manual DMD Position, True / False
    DMDPosX = 2303                    ' Position in Decimal
    DMDPosY = 860                     ' Position in Decimal

GetDMDColor
    Sub GetDMDColor
    Dim WshShell,filecheck,directory
    Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    If DMDPosition then
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\x",DMDPosX,"REG_DWORD"
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\y",DMDPosY,"REG_DWORD"
    End if
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\fullcolor",UseFullColor,"REG_SZ"
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color",DMDColorSelect,"REG_SZ"
    End Sub
    '---------------------------------------------------
     Daryl 
    Participant

I got an error on my cab install for the table. It failed when trying to read

WshShell.RegRead (“HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color”)

Is that available in a fresh install?

So what I did was comment that out then the write took place and it was available in the next run of the table.

JustAnotherRat 
    Participant

This table is coming along nicely. Thanks for those changes… they are cool but I have some other bits to add and bugs to report.

Now that Gene spits the ball out faster (could possibly be a little quicker but I am much happier than I was before this update), sometimes the ball goes straight down the middle which does sometime happen on the real table, but on the real table (I am sure) there is a short ball save whenever Gene spits a ball out that helps out in those instances.

The words Tilt and Danger are around the wrong way… when getting warned, TILT shows up but once you have tilted the machine it is displaying DANGER.

After every game (and sometimes after the 2nd ball) I get the following 2 errors:

Script Error

Line: 1
    The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘UltraDMD.CancelRendering’

Script Error

Line: 1
    The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘UltraDMD.clear’

Do you know if it is possible to set Pin2DMD colour in the same way that you have done the UltraDMD display?

I’d love to see someone provide better table images…. this is one kickass table.

Daryl 
    Participant

The Gene STDM was a “feature” of the table.. Piss’ people off and folks are hacking the kicker to try and stop it from happening. It is somewhat random and should be fine the way it is.  I added the Gene/Demon  ballsaver only for multiball – just like the real table. Note that some of these things are table options in the Stern release.

The ultradmd errors – cant really do much for that – bugs in Ultradmd are what stopped me from going much further with this last year when I started it. The colours for Ultradmd are hard coded into the dmd program. I have no control over it at all. Another thing that is lacking :-(

1 user thanked author for this post.
     JustAnotherRat 
    Participant

I never got the UltraDMD errors before this latest update (which had the changes I reported) so I thought I’d mention it. Thanks for all the work.

Daryl 
    Participant

I never got the UltraDMD errors before this latest update (which had the changes I reported) so I thought I’d mention it. Thanks for all the work.

Is it during the match sequence? Can you give me more details – I didnt change much between versions.

Seraph 
    Participant

@Daryl, good catch, I suspect your right – That on a fresh install there is no regentry there for it to read.  Was part of the initial code so I had left it in.

Will update the code removing the read entry.

Great work on the table – Amazed at the depth of work you have scripted into it

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account