KISS (Stern 2105/Tribute)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    eMBee
    Participant
      @embee

Thanks!
      I will try asap and let you know

eMBee
      Participant
        @embee

Moved on up one step again… the “PinDMD v3 not found”  error is gone, i can play most of the tables now  :yahoo:
        Now i have to place and resize the (Ultra)DMD per table, but i think i saw a script add-on for that.

There’s still the “BASS” error on Kiss, The Web and Mad Scientist, but i hope this can be solved a well.

Thank you for your help Thalamus, really appreciate it  :good:

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Are you using xdmd in your pindmd3 or as a regular lcd ? If you send it to your pindmd3, then you should also make sure that xdmd gets killed when you exit a table. It has a tendency to not exit cleanly. What happens then is that PBX tries to use it and it is occupied and you get an pindmd3 not found error. Here is an example of a task kill. I’m guessing here that it is called UltraDMD.exe. ( You might have to change that )

C:\Windows\System32\Taskkill /IM “UltraDMD.exe” /F

LTA
          Participant
            @luvthatapex

Are all of the DMD graphics from the Stern game in this table? Seems some modes are missing. I know its scripted just curious how it compares to the Stern game. Thanks.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

I don’t know. It a best effort project and pretty good at that as well. It is of course not the same as a spike controlled game.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              sparky
              Participant
                @sparky70

hi all, just found this table, and am excited to play it.

i have set up all the music in music folder,

5 vbs in script folder with new rules file (also tried tables folder),

kiss.ultradmd (127 files), 1.1.vpx and backglass in tables folder.

ultradmd 1.4 16050500

VP10.2.1

i am getting these errors “the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable:ultradmd.isrendering”, then

“the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable:ultradmd.clear”

this seems to occur almost always after a ball drain.

i tried the fix mentioned at the top of page 7 in this thread

“remove 00 from both DisplayScoreboard00” in kissdmdv2 file, but no luck.

id really love to give this table some play, because it looks fantastic.

also, table seems to be set to auto launch. anyone know how i can disable that..

i am running XP, but ultradmd 1.4 16050500 works fine for AMH

all help is appreciated…if any other info is neede, please let me know..thanks////sparky

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

Your replacement file didn’t do the trick, but is a good upgrade anyway because it’s the latest version, so :good: Meanwhile i updated to pinMAME 3.0 and now i’m am having a new error on all Ultra DMD tables. And the BASS music/sound library cannot load… error is not solved at this point.

any table using UltraDMD will not be using VPM at all so dont worry about that….
                  please post your Visual Pinball folder structure
                  like C:\Visual Pinball   <—- is this where your vpinballx.exe file is??  if not where is it??

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

hi all, just found this table, and am excited to play it. i have set up all the music in music folder, 5 vbs in script folder with new rules file (also tried tables folder), kiss.ultradmd (127 files), 1.1.vpx and backglass in tables folder. ultradmd 1.4 16050500 VP10.2.1 i am getting these errors “the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable:ultradmd.isrendering”, then “the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable:ultradmd.clear” this seems to occur almost always after a ball drain. i tried the fix mentioned at the top of page 7 in this thread “remove 00 from both DisplayScoreboard00” in kissdmdv2 file, but no luck. id really love to give this table some play, because it looks fantastic. also, table seems to be set to auto launch. anyone know how i can disable that.. i am running XP, but ultradmd 1.4 16050500 works fine for AMH all help is appreciated…if any other info is neede, please let me know..thanks////sparky

I think you are missing a vbs files .. that is often the cause .. Go back and grab v1.0 of the tables place all .vbs in the tables directory. (get it working there first if you can)…Try that version see that it works. Then you can grab the updates. My guess is either missing music or vbs file.

sparky
                    Participant
                      @sparky70

HI DARYL, thanks for the reply. i just tried 1.0 again with all 5 of the vbs files included with 1.0 in the tables folder.

i also double checked that the 10 music files are in the music folder.

i am still getting the same error.

is there anything else you can think of?  thanks///sparky

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

if your getting no music, that error means it can’t find the folder…. the music folder must be in the folder VPX is launched from
                        I’m sure you have heard this over and over…. but….
                        I run 3 versions of VPX for testing…. and if I launch 10.5 from the vpx 10.5 folder and the music is in my vpx 10.4 folder… VPX will throw this error

robwaade
                        Participant
                          @robwaade

i had to re download  ultra dmd to get mine working again recently

sparky
                          Participant
                            @sparky70

hi hauntfreaks, not sure if your reply is meant for me, but my music works correctly. 

My post a couple of posts up is about an error i am getting.

The reason i mentioned the music files was in response to daryls suggestion.

ROBWAADE, i may have to do reinstall ultradmd, but id like to avoid it for now because it works fine for me with another table, and i dont want to mess rhat one up too.

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

hi hauntfreaks, not sure if your reply is meant for me, but my music works correctly. My post a couple of posts up is about an error i am getting. The reason i mentioned the music files was in response to daryls suggestion. ROBWAADE, i may have to do reinstall ultradmd, but id like to avoid it for now because it works fine for me with another table, and i dont want to mess rhat one up too.

can you post a screenshot of the interior  of your scripts folder like this
                              temp2-1

Attachments:
                              sparky
                              Participant
                                @sparky70

hi hauntfreaks, thanks for your continued help.

here is a copy of my scripts folder contents

Attachments:
                                TXT11
                                Participant
                                  @txt11

Sparky,  I truly believe your issues are happening because of Windows XP / 32 Bit. (assuming you are on 32 Bit version).  Once I ran Kiss Tribute under Windows 7 / 64 Bit, I could run the latest Kiss release without any Ultra DMD issues or errors.  I also have to run a lot of PM5 versions of TWD, Metallica, AC/DC due to similar issues with VPX under Win XP not recognizing the ROM.  As soon as I try the VPX and LE versions of these tables under Win 7 / 64 Bit they run perfectly.  Could you try Kiss Tribute under a 64 Bit O/S ? :wacko:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Yeah 32bit OS is not a good choice for ANY “gaming” system.

It’s time people to upgrade your systems. Well long overdue lets say that

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

sparky
                                    Participant
                                      @sparky70

<!–more–>Hi txt. I understand what you mean. I also can not run those few LE tables without the rom issue. I tried for a long time.

Since its only a “few” tables, i have just thought to leave well enough alone.

My system has been running fine for roughly 5 years otherwise.

I have been toying with the idea of the changing to Win 7 etc.

i just remember all those days of banging my head against the wall, working out kinks with displays/folders, and messing things up that were working till i changed something else. At the time, i had it all figured out, but now im afraid i can barely rember how to do all the little fixes. I DREAD going through that all over again.

My wife uses win7, and i sometimes have a hard time navigating it.

I may go for it soon if i have the free time, but till then i am pretty content without the few tables i cant play.

Risk vs. reward sort of thing.   Thanks. Sparky

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

get a 64bit win7 if you want it to feel the same as XP turn all the windows silliness off… use a basic theme win7 will look and feel like XP…. I was a hardcore XP using many mini XP builds and hacked versions…. but if you look hard enough there is the same stuff for win7… some guys like win10, but i ran it for 20mins and put win7 back in…
                                        I have a smooth playing
                                        win7 ultimate (hacked)
                                        old i5
                                        8gb ram
                                        gtx760
                                        40″ x 28″ rig…

sparky
                                        Participant
                                          @sparky70

Hi Haunt, thanks for the encouragement. Ill have to look further into this when i get the spare time.

Thanks. Sparky

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

@sparky – just make sure you do it by 2020 ;) That’s the year Win7 becomes WinXP … no more updates and fixes.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 240 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?