This topic contains 191 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  jbg4208 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 192 total)
  • Author
     HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

get a 64bit win7 if you want it to feel the same as XP turn all the windows silliness off… use a basic theme win7 will look and feel like XP…. I was a hardcore XP using many mini XP builds and hacked versions…. but if you look hard enough there is the same stuff for win7… some guys like win10, but i ran it for 20mins and put win7 back in…
    I have a smooth playing
    win7 ultimate (hacked)
    old i5
    8gb ram
    gtx760
    40″ x 28″ rig…

Some users who have liked this topic:

sparky 
    Participant

Hi Haunt, thanks for the encouragement. Ill have to look further into this when i get the spare time.

Thanks. Sparky

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

@sparky – just make sure you do it by 2020 ;) That’s the year Win7 becomes WinXP … no more updates and fixes.

sparky 
    Participant

Lol.  Thanks

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

Hello,

I love this table, great work here. Unfortunately I’ve been playing it with no music : ( I have the files in the music folder, not sure why it’s not playing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

You put the music in music folder? You get errors?

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

Hello, I love this table, great work here. Unfortunately I’ve been playing it with no music : ( I have the files in the music folder, not sure why it’s not playing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Tony read thru the post… you will find all the answers for this…

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

Thank you for responding. Yes, I placed the tracks in the “Music” folder of my Visual Pinball directory. The table works great for me, SFX work, everything but the music, which is a bummer since the Music is a crucial part of this table. If you have any other thoughts I would love the help.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

What version of visual pinball are you running? Do you have all .vbs files for kiss in the scripts folder? We really need a bit more information. What version of bass.dll do you have?

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

Visual Pinball 10.4.0

All the KISS .vbs files are in the scripts folder (visual pinball/scripts)

Not sure how to tell what version bass.dll I’m using. I replaced it with the one that came with the VPX 10.4.0 standalone

Hope this helps, sorry I’m still a bit of newbie at some of this.

Thanks!

Daryl 
    Participant

Try playing the music files themselves – outside of pinball. Perhaps you dont have the codecs required to play them? (I usually get them via the pinballx install way back when)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Daryl may have the solution! i bet that codecs are your problem for music

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for the suggestion. I was able to play all the mp3s outside of pinball. They played perfectly, they sounded great. Unfortunately, I still can’t figure out how to get them to play in VP. I also checked the volume, and it’s up 100%.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

You have the music files directly in visual pinball\music\ or do you have them in a sub folder?

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

Directly in the folder: Visual Pinball\Music

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Shot in the dark here but in vp editor under preferences, audio options is primary sound driver selected and check marks on play music and sound!?

TonyLeon64 
    Participant

!!! You Rock !!!  :good:   I must have changed that setting and forgot about it. Thanks for taking that shot in the dark.  :good:

Daryl 
    Participant

Any appetite for a PopUp version of this table? Or would the  KISS police be all over us for copyright content?

Jeremy 
    Participant

Hey guys, I too am having this issue with the music.  I have tried the solution that worked for Tony, and I have everything setup correctly.  It used to work find, I am using 10.4 and 10.5 and since then the music isn’t working.  Is there a setting I can change to get the music recognized by the current bass.dll?

Jeremy 
    Participant

Never-mind, I sorted this out.  I was using 10.4 while using the 10.5 bass.dll.  Problem solved for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account