LAG issues after installing new theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

I just got it all to work, pinup Update to 1.4 and also the new WONDERFUL Archthemes!  But I am now experiencing some lag in tables ;( (ball gets stuck and just… lags now and then when running PUP pack games.

I don´t know if I have the right codec or so installed, I followed Terry’s screen settings included in the ARC THEME package.

I´m running
      Pinup Player 1.4
      VLC 2.2.8 (32bit)
      Visual Pinball X
      BS2 Server 1.3.0.3
      DMDExt 1.7.2

If someone has the time for it please suggest some codec for me to run, or change the DirectX settings perhaps?

And one more thing, what codec should I use in the Player display setup? I have voDefault, voDirect3D, voOpenGL, voWinGDI to choose from.

Thanks in advance!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You’ve done the recommended settings – see the install info from the just released pup-pack, vsync etc ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

you had the same problems in PinUP System v1.3 based on your last post about PinUP.

seems your system and vlc/pupplayer are not getting along… start here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

keep the VLC driver on voDefault.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

What is your system specs?

Also…when you install a new theme…because you need to Reset Thumbs…there will be an initial bit of slowness/lag because Popper is rebuilding your wheel image cache. This will be gone when you browse through each wheel for the first time.

Malinas
            Participant
              @malinas

you had the same problems in PinUP System v1.3 based on your last post about PinUP.

seems your system and vlc/pupplayer are not getting along… start here: http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

keep the VLC driver on voDefault.

Yes, but i got no answer then so i dropped it here instead. I will check that link right away and try to get this figured out, cause it is slightly annoying. Thanks for support ! <3

Malinas
              Participant
                @malinas

Also…when you install a new theme…because you need to Reset Thumbs…there will be an initial bit of slowness/lag because Popper is rebuilding your wheel image cache. This will be gone when you browse through each wheel for the first time.

Hello KING! Thanks for reply!

My system is i7/8700K, 16gig ram, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6gig, 1TB M2 Ssd 970 evo Samsung,  Yes, have reset thumbs and they have registred in pl_thumbs as well so im sure thats not the issue. I had tried Vsync 0 and 1 in VPX VIDEO SETTINGS, and that didn´t helped either. Im no expert by far , its my second month building VP but i think it is a codec question. Last install was PINBALL X i believe i installed SHARK codecs then, i don´t know if PUP requiers that as well. Sorry for bad english im from Sweden ;)

You should be proud of all the work you do Terry but i believe you already know that! ;)

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Hello KING! Thanks for reply!

My system is i7/8700K, 16gig ram, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6gig, 1TB M2 Ssd 970 evo Samsung, Yes, have reset thumbs and they have registred in pl_thumbs as well so im sure thats not the issue. I had tried Vsync 0 and 1 in VPX VIDEO SETTINGS, and that didn´t helped either. Im no expert by far , its my second month building VP but i think it is a codec question. Last install was PINBALL X i believe i installed SHARK codecs then, i don´t know if PUP requiers that as well. Sorry for bad english im from Sweden ;)

You should be proud of all the work you do Terry but i believe you already know that! ;)

PuP and Popper use vlc for all videos.

Be sure you have vsync enabled and working correctly with VPX for sure.

Also….make sure you don’t have both a directb2s running…Popper videos running….AND the PUP-PAck all running when the table is playing. Yes…you can have all of that and not realize its going on behind the pup-pack.

When launching a pup-pack table from Popper….you need to have in Games Manager for the table either -1 or NONE in “Keep Displays ON” for that table. Also…you need top be sure you don’t have a directb2s running behind the pup-pack.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?