Laser War (Data East 1997)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Herweh
    Participant
      @herweh
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=157736

‘Laser War’ is the first pinball machine from Data East and the first machine from any manufacturer to feature stereo sound and 2.1 channel sound (stereo plus subwoofer).

For sure one of the top 10 tables when it comes to the ugliest backglass of a pinball machine. But the table offers a lot fun to play and a great light show. I tried to capture that as best I could.

Very special thanks to

• Schreibi34: Thank you so much for the awesome laser tower and for cleaning up the plastic ramp
      • OldSkoolGamer: For providing me all the wonderful artwork he designed for the VP9 build
      • Francisco666: For the reworked playfield image of the VP9 build

Special thanks to

• OldSkoolGamer, ICPjuggla, Herweh (:-): For creating a very cool VP9 build from where I borrowed a few table elements
      • Flupper: For his plastic and wire ramp tutorial and for the flasher domes
      • Dark: For the gates primitives template and the flipper primitives from ‘Jurassic Park’
      • Dark and nFozzy: For locknuts and screws
      • DJRobX, RothbauerW and maybe some other ones: For some code in my script like the SSF routines
      • Mark70, Thalamus and digable: For beta testing and a lot great helpful feedback. Without you guys the table wouldn’t be what it is
      • VPX development team: For the continous improvement of VP
      • All I have forgotten. Please send me a PM if you think I should add you to the ‘Thx’ section here. My fault!

Check out the script options at the top of the script. There are options for GI and ramp color modes, a more or less jumping ball, playfield shadow depth and more.

Toggle thru the silver or black ramp with the left MagnaSave button and thru the standard or a very colorful GI with the right MagnaSave button.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

He does it again!

Thanks, @herweh. Really looking forward to this one. Your work is always top-notch.

BrandonLaw
        Participant
          @brandonlaw

Very very nice!  So many great releases lately! Looking forward to my pinball skills suckin’ at yet another beautiful table :yahoo:   You hit the nail on the head with one of the best jackpot lightshows around.  I may never see it outside of youtube or with the timing needed to get there, but dang if it isn’t fun trying.  Looking forward to the install and play!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Herweh
          Participant
            @herweh
            vipMemberContributor

Sorry, guys, unfortunately I created two ‚Laser War‘ topics during the upload. Please use the other thread for your comments. Thanks a lot!

Please use this thread: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/laser-war-data-east-1997-2/

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Closing this thread, and soon deleting it by request from author.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?