LAV Filters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stampedem
    Participant
      @stampedem

I’m pretty happy with Pinball Y.  It’s incredibly simple.  Coming from a perfectly running PinUp that did require a fair amount of setup, I can appreciate the change (PinUP is great!, not knocking it at all).

I came into the virtual pinball scene right after PinUp reach maturity, so I never used PinballX.  But it’s evident that PinballY and PinballX are quite similar, so it stands to reason that troubleshooting both would be similar.

So here’s my question:

My table scrolling on the PBY main menu wasn’t nearly as smooth as it was in PinUP.  Quite a bit less, in fact, and that was surprising.  Looking to resolve that, I found in PinballX discussion threads that installing LAV Filters would help that.  And in fact, upon visiting the PBX website, it’s right there on the home page to download and install LAV Filters.  I did so and (in the limited time I had to test/play around) I think it’s helped a lot.

But I find it odd, that PBX so emphatically emphasizes – even directs you to install – LAV Filters but nowhere are these mentioned in PBY documentation.  So my question is, should PBY users install LAV filters?  Is it necessary or recommended in PBY?  My only goal in asking is to get smooth scroll and video playback.  Right now it’s totally adequate, but not “exactly” as smooth an Pinup. So I’m wondering what I can do about that, and if LAV filters help or hinder that.  So far, it seems better, but I wanted to check with people more knowledgeable about other consideration or conflicts I am may not be aware of.

Thank you for your advice.

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

I would like hear some input on this as well. I use PBY and I agree that the scrolling is not so smooth. I have not installed LAV filters but maybe I should?

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

With the popularity of PBX, there is a big chance that you are up to something without anyone really noticing before they do a complete re-install. My setup, for sure had LAV filers installed pre installation of PBY. Since these codecs have been installed in a huge amount of machines without any known/proven problems. I’d say – go for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?