LED WIZ Power Back Feeding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ourcadecustomarcades
    Participant
      @ourcadecustomarcades

Currently having a issue with what I believe is narrowed down to LED-WIZ. The issue that I’m having is it seems as if I have power back feeding into the PC. I noticed that I have a USB Hub and the lights appeared to be on even though the power supply to the HUB was disconnected.

I generally keep the PC on but recently I turned the PC off and then I couldn’t get it to boot back up. The power supply has a trouble shooting button which you press and if the supply powers on it then signals that no issues are detected. So the process is to disconnect each device one by one and press the button. Once the malfunctioning device is disconnected it then powers on as needed. I disconnected every single device all the way to physically removing the power supply and with nothing connected to the power supply still no luck.

I then proceeded to re connect everything and one by one I would press to check if the issue was resolved. “STILL NO LUCK!” After everything was connected I kept messing with the button until i eventually had luck and it powered for a few seconds at a time and then would turn off again. Kept messing with it and not disconnecting anything and then I finally had luck after about 40 mins and it would then power on and stay on. “To me it seems like once the power supply gets warm it then will turn on and stay on.”

So my questions are –??

I’m only powering a sainsmart relay board from the LED Wiz. Do I need to have a power running to the LED Wiz? Or can I simply connect just the provided USB cable?

And 2ndly if I’m correct with the power feeding back into the PC what could be possible devices on the PC that could be bad?  :scratch:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Could be anything from a bad power supply to bad wiring somewhere. I’d check it by simply trying a different power supply for starters

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?