Lesser known features of VPinMAME – alternate soundtrack remixes

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    KiwiBri
    Participant
      @kiwibri

Sorry to bring up an older thread.

Before I try another mod to my tables, is there a reason to start and shut down Pinsound Studio after each table, instead of leaving it running in the background? I’m assuming yes judging by CarnyPriest and TerryRed’s comments, but want to make sure.

Hi Terry, sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I was wondering how do you do this ? I havent installed pinsound yet but looking into it.

thanks

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

If you want “Pinsound Studio” to startup and shutdown when a specific table is launched….

Well in Popper you can easily add a condition in your launch script that checks to see if the game being launched has “pinsound” in the Custom Launch Parameter for that specific table. If it does then is will launch Pinsound Studio just for that table. Then you would add another PUPCloser for Pinsound to close out Pinsound Studio when exiting the table.

Add this to your Popper Launch Script for VPX:

if “[custom1]”==”pinsound” (start /min “” “C:\PinSoundStudio\PinSoundStudio.exe”)

Add to your Close Script for VPX:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinsound Studio” 10 1

…and simply add “pinsound” to Custom Launch Parameter for the table that needs it.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Wouldn’t you need to run a registry change before starting pinsound if you really want to switch between “normal” and “pinsound”. I mean, you want to change pinmame sound mode.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Wouldn’t you need to run a registry change before starting pinsound if you really want to switch between “normal” and “pinsound”. I mean, you want to change pinmame sound mode.

I’ve never tried “switching” between modes. I just had pinsound only load when its needed.

Good question. Wondering if it will fall back to normal sound if studio isn’t running.

htamas
            Participant
              @htamas

I must be missing something because sound mode 1 doesn’t work for me on any table. Tried Elvis, TZ, TAF…

I downloaded the Pinsound package for a table, put it into the altsound/romname folder of vpinmame in the same structure as it was in the pinsound archive, but with sound mode 1 I can only hear the mechanical sounds, no music. My guess would be that the pinsound package will not work with sound mode 1 – is that correct?

If yes, then how can I get sound mode 1 to work, what sounds should I use?

Thanks.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

If you are getting your mixes from PinSound community forum then you must use Sound Mode 2. Folder names in the remix packages are encrypted. You have to use PinSound Studio.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                htamas
                Participant
                  @htamas

Thanks… is there some documentation about how sound mode 1 works? It would be great not having to run a separate program for alternate sounds, if at all possible :)

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Look for sound mode info in whatsnewVPM.txt.

Some further background here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=42915

themotherbrain
                    Participant
                      @themotherbrain

Hey guys! Thanks for the script to launch pinsound with the table. It will be a nice convenience once I figure out a small issue. The problem I’m having now is pinsound always launches maximized and in front of the playfield. Is there a way I can force the playfield to the front or the pinsound window to the back behind the playfield? I’ve never been able to get it to fire up in a small window.

legin
                      Participant
                        @legin

If you want “Pinsound Studio” to startup and shutdown when a specific table is launched….

Well in Popper you can easily add a condition in your launch script that checks to see if the game being launched has “pinsound” in the Custom Launch Parameter for that specific table. If it does then is will launch Pinsound Studio just for that table. Then you would add another PUPCloser for Pinsound to close out Pinsound Studio when exiting the table.

Add this to your Popper Launch Script for VPX:

if “[custom1]”==”pinsound” (start /min “” “C:\PinSoundStudio\PinSoundStudio.exe”)

Add to your Close Script for VPX:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinsound Studio” 10 1

…and simply add “pinsound” to Custom Launch Parameter for the table that needs it.

Thanks for this Terry,  works a treat for me.

One thing I would like to do is run pinsound from a another drive, my C: drive is getting full.  I tried running it from another drive and it doesn’t work.

Has anyone else had any luck with running it from another location?

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

If the sound Files still have to go in altsound folder under the VPinMame folder then you have to keep them on the C drive and move something else to another drive

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

C:\>mklink /d C:\SomeData D:\SomeData

See if that works. I haven’t really used symlinks over to different drives. But, I believe that it supports it.

legin
                            Participant
                              @legin

Hi All

I have just installed a new SSD and I am reinstalling all of my programs again.

At the moment I am trying to get pinsound going again.  Everything is okay except the program runs maximised and it often runs over the top of the playfield. I cant seem to get Pinsound to run minimised.  I have tried making a shortcut of pinsound, open the properties of the shortcut and set “run” to: minimised.  This doesn’t work either.  I didnt have this problem on my old cab, maybe I just got lucky.

Here is my Launch script:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2
                              if “[custom1]”==”pinsound” (start /min “” “C:\Pinsoundstudio\pinsoundstudio.exe”)
                              cd /d “[DIREMU]”
                              if “[RECMODE]”==”1” (
                              START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
                              ) else (
                              START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
                              )

And here is my Close Script:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Visual Pinball” 10 1
                              “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinsound studio” 10 1

dondi
                              Participant
                                @dondi

@legin I had this issue when trying to start/kill PinSound on a per-table basis. To rectify this, I now launch PinSound Studio on startup of Windows. On startup, PinSound goes fullscreen for a brief moment and then minimizes to the taskbar and there are no focus issues. Try launching PinSound Studio from the startup of Windows. It’ll run in the background and will “listen” for when it is needed for those tables you have designated needing PinSound to take-over your audio

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?