This topic contains 63 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  TerryRed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
     KiwiBri 
    Participant

Sorry to bring up an older thread.

Before I try another mod to my tables, is there a reason to start and shut down Pinsound Studio after each table, instead of leaving it running in the background? I’m assuming yes judging by CarnyPriest and TerryRed’s comments, but want to make sure.

Hi Terry, sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I was wondering how do you do this ? I havent installed pinsound yet but looking into it.

thanks

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

If you want “Pinsound Studio” to startup and shutdown when a specific table is launched….

Well in Popper you can easily add a condition in your launch script that checks to see if the game being launched has “pinsound” in the Custom Launch Parameter for that specific table. If it does then is will launch Pinsound Studio just for that table. Then you would add another PUPCloser for Pinsound to close out Pinsound Studio when exiting the table.

Add this to your Popper Launch Script for VPX:

if “[custom1]”==”pinsound” (start /min “” “C:\PinSoundStudio\PinSoundStudio.exe”)

Add to your Close Script for VPX:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinsound Studio” 10 1

…and simply add “pinsound” to Custom Launch Parameter for the table that needs it.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Wouldn’t you need to run a registry change before starting pinsound if you really want to switch between “normal” and “pinsound”. I mean, you want to change pinmame sound mode.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Wouldn’t you need to run a registry change before starting pinsound if you really want to switch between “normal” and “pinsound”. I mean, you want to change pinmame sound mode.

I’ve never tried “switching” between modes. I just had pinsound only load when its needed.

Good question. Wondering if it will fall back to normal sound if studio isn’t running.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account