Loch Ness Monster (Game Plan 1985)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    jino0372
    Participant
      @jino0372

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=226775

Loch Ness Monster (Game Plan 1985)

This is a rebuild of the table converted to VPX by Goldchicco that was originally created by Roccodimarco in VP9. Thank you both for laying the groundwork. I would have been lost with out it.

As many of you know…this is a very rare table with only the prototype in existence. I did my best to piece together whatever resources I could find. In some cases I couldn’t find a clean image so some of the graphics were hand drawn. After updating the playfield and plastics I had to realign some of the post and rubbers. I recreated some walls to let the play flow better. I re-did all of the lights. I cleaned up the backglass as best I could. I also changed/added/modified quite a bit in the script. I noticed the lights in the bottom did not do much but flash in sequence. So I add purpose to them. I also corrected some of the scoring to match what’s stated on the table. Lastly, I added the required code for the B2S to work. The scoring is for only one player. I know this is an up to four player. I tried to get all four players working but right now this exceeds my scripting skills. I’ll keep trying but I wanted to get out what I have done so far.

I hope everyone likes the table. This is my first table, B2S, and honestly…the first time sharing anything except encouragement with the community. So I learned a ton doing it. I still have much to learn.

The download includes the table, backglass, text wheel image, and some screen shots.

I want to also thank JPSalas (ball rolling sounds), ninuzzu (ball and flipper shadows), and the whole VP community! I used a lot of tables as training guides!

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Permission to Mod: Yes with approval

Total of 61 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      roccodimarco
      Participant
        @roccodimarco

Awesome! I can’t wait to give this a go! I’m sure it won’t be long before someone has this going as four player. I believe this is the third or fourth table of my strange vp9 mods to be converted to vpx! I love to see the shabby work I do get turned into something so great!

this is why the community is great. If you are feeling up to a new challenge and table, you can take a look at my scramble table. It’s another table with not a lot out there, but it looks like a ton of fun in real life! Great job to everyone involved!

Marcio
        Participant
          @marcioclauss

Very Good great work Thanks :good:

jino0372
          Participant
            @jino0372

Awesome! I can’t wait to give this a go! I’m sure it won’t be long before someone has this going as four player. I believe this is the third or fourth table of my strange vp9 mods to be converted to vpx! I love to see the shabby work I do get turned into something so great!

this is why the community is great. If you are feeling up to a new challenge and table, you can take a look at my scramble table. It’s another table with not a lot out there, but it looks like a ton of fun in real life! Great job to everyone involved!

Thanks!  I’ll take a look at Scramble.  The ramps on it look sweet!  Another one I was thinking about is Bally BMX.  I am also working on an all original table.

FYI – I don’t think your work is shabby!  Thanks for bringing these pinball oddities to life!  I did not even know Loch Ness Monster even existed until you created it!

hotpepper
            Participant
              @hotpepper

Very nice! Thanks!

giovanni1966
              Participant
                @giovanni1966

Thanks for the interesting table. What do I have to do so that the drop targets come up again?

jino0372
                Participant
                  @jino0372

Thanks for the interesting table. What do I have to do so that the drop targets come up again?

You have to light up LOCH NESS and MONSTER.  This scores JACKPOT and resets all targets.  To light up LOCH you drop all targets for LOC.  Then hit the targets area one more time to get the H.  This is the same for NESS.  For MONSTER you drop the targets for MONS.  You then hit the area three more times for TER.  To light up LOCH NESS MONSTER is expected to be a challenge.  The JACKPOT bonus is incremental up each time this is completed.  There are many other bonus’ in the game including a ramp bonus.  If you hit the ramp ten times in a row without a drain.  :)

jogrady7
                  Participant
                    @jogrady7

A really nice job on this.  Thank for doing!

Hiylow
                    Participant
                      @hiylow

Thank You!

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

I like it…thanks!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Meek424424
                        Participant
                          @meek424424

Thanks for your hard work on this one! Great work! :)

Rajo Joey
                          Participant
                            @joey2001

Great job for the first table. :good:

RobereRulez
                            Participant
                              @robererulez

Sweet, can’t wait to check this table out.

I’m not sure if you know but the one and only machine showed up on a Zillow listing of a house for sale in California. Scroll through the pictures of the gameroom or better yet, take the 3D tour of the house.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by RobereRulez.
                              1 user thanked author for this post.
                              jino0372
                              Participant
                                @jino0372

Sweet, can’t wait to check this table out.

I’m not sure if you know but the one and only machine showed up on a Zillow listing of a house for sale in California. Scroll through the pictures of the gameroom or better yet, take the 3D tour of the house.

AWESOME!  Thanks for the link.  It figures it would be in some mega rich guys collection.  :-)    I wonder if I could convince the real estate company or owners to take some high res photos?  :scratch:   I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask.

I may actually be able to get a screen capture of the backglass that may improve upon what I already have.

jino0372
                                Participant
                                  @jino0372

OK….I must be crazy….I sent the agent a message and asked.  I figured why not….it doesn’t hurt to ask.

@robererulez
                                    Thanks for the tip!!!!

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

if he’s a die hard pinball fan he might but as it is he probably can’t without the owners permission (would be a breach of trust to film anything in that house that is not used to sell the house )

jino0372
                                    Participant
                                      @jino0372

if he’s a die hard pinball fan he might but as it is he probably can’t without the owners permission (would be a breach of trust to film anything in that house that is not used to sell the house )

I agree 100%.  I actually just asked them to forward a short message and my contact information to the owner.

fisch
                                      Participant
                                        @fisch

Many thanks for your continued (?) respectively implementation of the Loch Ness Monster (Game Plan 1985) table with with partially working b2s. I am very enthusiastic to play a table that was only available as a prototype.

The table looks very good and is also good to play.

Many Thanks

fisch

roccodimarco
                                        Participant
                                          @roccodimarco

Thanks! I’ll take a look at Scramble. The ramps on it look sweet! Another one I was thinking about is Bally BMX. I am also working on an all original table.

FYI – I don’t think your work is shabby! Thanks for bringing these pinball oddities to life! I did not even know Loch Ness Monster even existed until you created it!

you mentioned BMX. I’m just about finished on another vp9 update. Very little resources out there, so a lot of this was free hand (sloopy) and just making things fit. My goal, was to try and get it looking a little closer to the real table, and hope someone like yourself or some of the other photoshop wizards to take it to the next limit.

I’ll be done with it probably Monday.

Bmx

bmulligan
                                          Participant
                                            @bmulligan

What a great and unique addition. Thank you for your efforts.  Already slotted into my new cabinet!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?