Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Wouldn’t mind to know the handle for the guy that is helping you out on pinside. I’d like to send him a thank you myself.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@thalamus

ktm450  is the one doing the tear down and offering the most involved help.

firefly9r68 also said he could help but is really busy so he’s not sure when he’ll get around to it.

The other two haven’t gotten back to me yet.

I’m also requesting they measure the playfield(s) for me and let me know the slope angle of the playfield.

3dcreation

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Just going to throw this here so I have a copy written down some where:

“Inside cabinet 1350mm x 520mm
    Inside of apron (between flippers on flat part of apron) to inside of apron
    other end 943mm
    From middle of playfield is has a 4 degree fall towards the flippers.”

Another pinside user got back to me, unfortunately he say’s he can’t help.

3dcreation

LynnInDenver
    Participant
    @lynnindenver

BTW, am I the only one thinking, “this and Joust would make good AI candidates?” Plug the AI into the opposite player, and it becomes viable for a regular cabinet.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@lynnindenver    The soccer table did have a computer player, the recreation would as well.  Joust had a few game modes to choose from via on screen display menu,  1 player controls both flippers, 1 player vs computer (easy) 1 player vs computer (hard) and 2 player head to head.  The main difference between the easy and hard modes vs computer is that the out-lane drain is blocked for the computer player and the ‘invisible’ flippers under the primitive ones are slightly extended to reduce the center drain.  If you’re going for a single player high score it’s actually easier with the computer set to hard since it won’t drain nearly as many balls.  The second player buttons can be reconfigured so you could hook up an xbox controller or some kind of game pad to your pincab for a second player.

3dcreation

LynnInDenver
    Participant
    @lynnindenver

I wasn’t aware the two games had a one player option at all, but I’ll also admit I didn’t look that closely.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

ktm450 photocopied the entire manual and sent it to me, he said he’ll also be uploading it to IPDB so everyone can access it.

3dcreation

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

“Pball” on pinside offered hi res pics.  I asked for plastic scans if he could.  Feel free to contact him though.  He sounds interested in helping

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I sent a message.

3dcreation

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Me too ;-)

( only thanking the guy )

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Attached are some HD photos along with some instruction.  The owner of this table who’s doing the tear down/full restore and providing resources for this project has asked if I could get this photoshopped for him.  If no one is available to do this, I’ll get around to it.

thumbnail_IMG_20200408_0005

The red spinner shown ‘adds goal kick bonus’ needs to be changed to the same blue colour as the example and the black text changed to white.

“The plastic needs the red changed to blue and the blue changed to red.  My plastics are very faded unfortunately, but the whole game are all faded the same so there is no point fixing them.

The little signs are actually yellow on unfaded plastics.

There is no change to the large text ‘watch out billy’ but the small text should say:

GAME

COMPANY

OF THE

FUTURE

If its too much trouble to change the small text don’t stress mate just leave it the same.”

3dcreation

Attachments:
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Any photoshoppers available to help?

I just got stripped play field photos as well as disassembled scoreboard pics, unfortunately I don’t have as much free time as I had just a few weeks ago so any help would be appreciated.

3dcreation

Thalamus
    @thalamus

If no one else responds – https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7wg0laxai1p97e/Adds_Goal.pdf?dl=0 :scratch:

Believe it won’t look that bad once sized down.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

If someone can identify the font it might make things easier as well.

3dcreation

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

If its not a rush I can give them a go next week.

The spinner is easy enough,  but I’m not sure I follow the plastic.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

The instructions for the plastic confused me as well so I got clarification.  On many of these tables fading is an issue and the table providing resources to me is no exception.  The areas of the plastic which are often orange, or in our case yellow because they are that faded.

ad91651a0b344cb9406d1cc8bebee75890f639e1

You can see in this reference photo from another table that the plastic has faded to orange but should be red.

@cyberpez
      I don’t think it’s a terrible rush but I would like to try and provide results to this guy since he’s been such a great help, so with that said, next week is more than likely acceptable, especially since I can’t get to them myself right away either.

I got HD photos of the play field now but they need to be stitched and color balanced.

3dcreation

CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

If someone can identify the font it might make things easier as well.

I’ll venture that it is Helvetica Black.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Helvetica Black is very close but the font on the table seems to be taller with less spacing, there another version of the font that comes a little closer?

3dcreation

CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

Maybe Helvetica Neue Black

http://www.identifont.com/differences?first=Helvetica+Neue+Black&second=Helvetica+Black

I’m going by the spinner images. Harder for me to call it some other font type based on the table reference photo attached above. Maybe you can attach one of the HD playfield images?

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

IMG_0134

3dcreation

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW