Looking for graphics help!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

I like the little darker colors also… I vote 4.  Did you see the plastic I did in the other thread… I just overlayed a red color on top of the yellow..  didn’t take long and didn’t need any redrawing…  Just a selectiong of what needed colored.  Would be fairly “quick” to do the same to the rest of the plastics assuming a similar amount of fade

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

Yes I did thanks, I’d say start posting any progress here since this is the graphics thread, the other one was me just putting feelers out for acquiring resources to work with.

3dcreation

cyberpez
        Participant
          @cyberpez

Sounds good are there more scans? Or are we recreating them?

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

I’m waiting on plastics still.

3dcreation

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

From the table owner:

“The edge of white wood to centre line is 570mm.  The gap between the white wood to the bottom of the display plastic is 33mm. The display plastic is 97mm top to bottom. I took a couple of pics to help explain.”

thumbnail_Image

thumbnail_Image (1)

3dcreation

Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lt4Y1dzBaUUc_fvngIoePPQF2hKIaYL2

Here is similar but with the higher resolution images. More resolution but it seems like more lens distortion, too. It was a lot harder to get images to align. You might want to overlay the two and judge which seems most accurate. No color or blending work. Lots of better candidates for that around here.

Yea there’s a few things not quite lining up perfectly but overall it’s looking good.

Alright, lets just try reducing the saturation on the red/blue/green on the last one:

AGSColorSwatches_reducedsaturation

I vote #4.

Okay here’s our color palette.

3dcreation

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

I just love it when @dark goes all in on a project, final product is guaranteed to be a success. Very interesting to follow, love the team spirit and enthusiasm. Thanks all for getting this project off to a great start!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

I just love it when @dark goes all in on a project, final product is guaranteed to be a success. Very interesting to follow, love the team spirit and enthusiasm. Thanks all for getting this project off to a great start!

Thanks, I think it will be especially great on cocktail tables such as the one I built.  ;)

Besides being a bit of an oddity head to head pinball, the really interesting feature is the catch wire mechanisms on the flippers,  I’m interested to see how we’ll make that work.

3dcreation

Onevox
                    Participant
                      @rooster

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.30.26 PM

If someone is redrawing the PF, I’d be glad to create all the type as PS layers so fixing color is easy. Original below, and me colorizing the entire red field and overlaying type. I did a font search for the main black font and found Nimbus Black to be nearly spot on  with Bold selected in PS.  This may be completely against the purity rules of recreation, but does make for some crisper type lines.

Onevox

Schreibi34
                      Participant
                        @schreibi34

I have a big collection of prerendered inserts. The ones i used on DW. If you guys need them, let me know. I will upload them sometime next week anyway!

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.30.26 PM

If someone is redrawing the PF, I’d be glad to create all the type as PS layers so fixing color is easy. Original below, and me colorizing the entire red field and overlaying type. I did a font search for the main black font and found Nimbus Black to be nearly spot on with Bold selected in PS. This may be completely against the purity rules of recreation, but does make for some crisper type lines.

I don’t think a complete redraw will be necessary given the quality of the images we have to work with,  I figured we would re-do the colors basically how you have just demonstrated.  My only concern at this point is people not coordinating work, meaning multiple people might end up doing the same job twice – and I don’t want to waste any one’s time as it’s the most precious commodity.

I would say hold off for now until we have the play field finalized and ready to be worked on.  Once the PF stitching is finalized we can start to divvy the work up.  The plastics, targets and decal scans should be coming in some time next week as well.

3dcreation

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

I got some of the plastics and cabinet art last night as well as measurements for the cab.  I’ll make everything available here at some point soon.  I’m going to try and get the PF set up in 3D this weekend if I can.

The larger plastics are hard to photograph without glare so there’s a bunch of overlapping photos that will need to be stitched, minor touch ups and color correction.

3dcreation

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

Rom attached.

3dcreation

Attachments:
                              Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

Plastics resources now available here.

3dcreation

Dark
                                  @dark
                                  vipMemberContributor

@rooster can you link me the font please,  I can only find ‘Nimbus Sans’.   Also if you would like to start overlaying text (be sure to keep it on it’s own layer) for anything other than text overlaid on green (I’ll handle that) you can have at it.

I started working on the play field last night and this morning, my first priority was just to try and fix areas that were slightly misaligned.  Fixing misalignment led me to start re-coloring the green since it was kind of necessary in order to touch up some of the misalignment.  I’m making each color on separate layers so they can be manipulated easily.

After trying the colors out together on the play field I ended up adjusting them further so they better compliment each other, the final colors:

ColorSwatchesFINAL

If onevox can handle overlaying the bulk of the text, I’ll handle re-coloring green,  need someone to start working on the other colors, perhaps one person per color, someone do red, someone do blue…yellow.  If everyone works in layers with transparency there shouldn’t be any issue combining works.  I’m going to try and finish up the bulk of the green today and make available the revised PF later today/tonight.

The plastics and target decals are available now (download link above), they all need their colors revised as well as minor touch ups.

If someone WANTED to, they could do a vector redraw of the black lines (not including text), but this isn’t absolutely necessary given the quality of the resources.

Also the backbox scoreboard needs it’s colors fixed as well, I have specific instruction on how I need that done so if you’re interested in that let me know and I’ll elaborate.

If you are going to work on any of the above just be sure to post in this thread explaining exactly what you’ll be doing so that no one ends up doing the same work.

If you have any questions or comments you can feel free to post them here or if you like feel free to PM me.

3dcreation

Onevox
                                  Participant
                                    @rooster

It is Nimbus Sans. I found it in Adobe’s fonts thru CC. I couldn’t find anything closer on font sites. I’ll keep a live text version of the file for ongoing adjustments and post rasterized layers, or if you have Adobe CC, I’ll post the file with all the live type, but work on angles, kerning, weights, etc.

Onevox

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

I use Adobe CS but if you keep the document the same dimensions I can use ‘paste-into’ to maintain placement accuracy.

I tried the font out, it’s fairly close but it seems like it needs to be double bold,  I can get it really close using an opaque, precise outer glow but I’m not sure that’s the best approach.

3dcreation

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

Attached is the PF wip so far, I have most of the green done.

3dcreation

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Here is a wip video LOL i will say its “working” just getting stuff scripted now..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shf8c18feuxdrjl/video%20apr%2019%2C%2010%2031%2003%20pm.mov?dl=0

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Onevox
                                          Participant
                                            @rooster

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 12.44.08 PM

Magenta fonts are OK. Lime fonts appear to be different, the zeros and “D”s are little more squared off. (oh, the multipliers should be lime too) I’ll research tonight. Once I’m done with blue and copy and rotate for red, but i doubt it will be that simple…

Onevox

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?