Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I asked the table owner to take pics as he puts it back together.

Attached are some close up reference pics of the table populated with pegs and rubbers.

3dcreation

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 12.44.08 PM

Magenta fonts are OK. Lime fonts appear to be different, the zeros and “D”s are little more squared off. (oh, the multipliers should be lime too) I’ll research tonight. Once I’m done with blue and copy and rotate for red, but i doubt it will be that simple…

Appreciate you doing this, though I’ve had an introduction to typography I must admit it’s not my forte.  I’m just finishing up green, I’m going to get going on the other colors which should go fast if I can ignore the text.

I was hoping I’d be able to mirror the coloring but it’s off a bit, there’s very slight perspective warping from the photography so it’s pretty well impossible to get perfect.  this is why full play field scans are preferable but I’m very grateful to have the resources we do have considering the rarity of the table.  Out of the 5 people I contacted on pinside only the one really proved to be any help and it’s just our luck he just so happen to be doing a full rebuild.

If anyone’s still following who wanted to contribute but hasn’t contributed yet I’d say start working on the plastics, decals or the backbox scoreboard.  Be sure to mention what you’d like to do.

3dcreation

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

I’m probably going to need to create vector paths on the mystery font and adjust. Not a big deal. But I don’t like the options I’ve found, close but not close enough for my taste.

Will have to you tomorrow…

Pete

Onevox

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Here is another wip pic. fun table to play even as a rough wip.

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.52.10 PM (2)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

How did you get it @Randr, you must have some pull around here or something?

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@armyaviation get what?

for IOS and Android

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

The Wip

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@armyaviation I’m the one building it

for IOS and Android

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

How did I miss that????  I thought Dark was building it

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I don’t actually have much expertise working with the vp(x) editor,  the extent I use it is to place and test 3d objects to see how they will look in VP and tweak materials etc.  When it comes to building the actual functionality of the table I get help from a friend like randr.

He is building the wip to function and it will also be a reference for me when I’m building it in 3D.  I will export the table mesh and cross reference it with the measurements I’ve been provided to make sure everything is correct, once satisfied I’ll replace pretty much everything on the table with 3D mesh’s.  Once I have a starting point (usually the PF) placed so that in 3dsmax it has the same scale and placement as it does in VP I can essentially build the entire table’s library ready to import to VP with correct scale and placement.  Once the primitive PF is on the VPX table I just copy paste the object then re-import other objects and they will automatically be placed in relation to the primitive PF.

3dcreation

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

Here you go. Layered PSD file with live type, in most cases. Entire Nimbus Sans family needed.

I had to create some of the type because I couldn’t find a match, so its shown as vectored art.

Everything is magenta so you can see alignment. When I did text on the blue side, copied, pasted and rotated it all 180 degrees, and moved to the red side, the red side text was off about -1 to -2 degrees. so I adjusted the text boxes. Maybe PF is off -0.5?

Let me know if you need adjustments, etc. Can rasterize type, in correct colors, to lock in all the variations in + and – tracking and leading if needed. There is A LOT of that.

Pete

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FL6tlT7Paf5nIx5S4Aa821xwRhUOdJcT

Onevox

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I tried to eliminate the difference as best I could but I think that’s the best I can get it.  The only way I could improve it further would be to mirror the red (top) side to the bottom and recolor it accordingly.   It probably still won’t be perfect but at least it would be symmetrical.  It will create some work back-tracking but is it worth fixing? Maybe….I’ll try.

3dcreation

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@rooster

I can open your document but I can’t use creative cloud to source the fonts because….well…honestly I use a cracked version of CS3.  From what I’ve seen of your work so far I feel safe in trusting your judgement.

Before I get too carried away fixing this version, try this PF out with the top mirrored to the bottom.  In order to keep the center circle together it has to be slightly off set, due to perspective warping there’s no way to line everything up perfectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ql3dqe8ttnlnkg/ag%20soccer%20PF%20workfile2.png?dl=0

3dcreation

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

Type colored to black and white, 0,0,0 and 255,255,255.  Rasterized.  (not sure if you were planning pure white and pure black)

I have two separate files, live text and rasterized, if adjustments are needed.

FYI, based on the new PF map. The copyright statement is different on each side.

Let me know if adjustments needed.

Pete

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sE8ulC_xs1C5laGR8psqxEp0wsrEvP_h

Onevox

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I will go ahead with the symmetrical PF,  I’ll try to have it finished by the end of the week.

3dcreation

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

Had anyone started on the plastics?  If not I can work on stitching them together and cleaning them up.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@cyberpez   No, go for it! :)

ColorSwatchesFINAL

3dcreation

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

Here is a quick sample of what I have so far..  mostly just trying to clean it up and normalize the colors.  If needed I can go back and attempt to get it closer to your color pallet.  So far its pretty slow moving.

PlasticTest

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@rooster

Could you please add your text to this PF, I’ve finished recoloring and removing all the text.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ql3dqe8ttnlnkg/ag%20soccer%20PF%20workfile2.png?dl=0

If you could please save a version with all text on one layer as rasterized png, same as before.  I still have to make the ‘on’ images for the lights and it will help to be able to light below the text.  Everything seems to line up pretty nice from the last version but I’d just like you to give a look over.

3dcreation

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

@Dark  Here you go. Still a layered PSD file zipped. I combined all the rasterized whites into two layers, one for red, one for blue. Then I changed them from pure white to something closer to the PF whites.  The rasterized blacks are still on their individual layers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vKiwkuR-QOQl-v8Rku5b0ev8AqqKFt4Q

I also started working on some of the PF colors cause I’m ocd that way. I didn’t get thru it, because I figured you were still working on it and I was just wasting my time.

p

Onevox

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW