Looking for Table Recommendations

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

Over the long term, portrait is really the better choice. We’re getting spoiled for options with commercial pinball sims, but a lot of them work better if the monitor is true portrait, even though many of them will support landscape with rotation like VPX defaults. And PinUp Popper doesn’t like it when things get jostled around while it’s running.

It’s not helped that, unless I do portrait, I have to keep the pincab on the outside (leftmost of the two) of the machine pairing, otherwise it becomes a right deep pain to administer the pincab. I’ve always had trouble trying to compute on an angle with a mouse, and I can’t really see it being feasible to try to administer OVER Solar Ride’s glass either.

But, again, I’m only wanting to focus on VP table development instead of FP because of the relatively active development on it. Although the way it can be a calico corpse because of the need for add-ons for what should be viewed as basic functionality now (backglass and DMD really should be part of the package, even with the focus on recreations), and that many of those have technically fallen out of active development themselves… :negative:

(Yes, if a pinsim software came along that had FP’s out of the box multiple screens (except make it three or more), DMD support and true 3D, added PostDMD and video support, and with VP’s flexibility in terms of adding functionality like DOF and tweaking physics, all in one easy to install package, I’d consider it strongly as a replacement for making my own tables.)

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

LynnInDenver
      Participant
        @lynnindenver

Huh, OK, guess the cab will need more work before I can integrate FP into it… I’m using Nailbuster’s mouse solution for the plunger… turns out that FP won’t read the axis I need to use for that. Not that I wasn’t planning on replacing it with a pot tied into the Pinscape, since I’ve had “sleeps and won’t wake up” issues with the software for some reason.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

shiva
        Participant
          @shiva

Among other names. :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

PinWiz99
          Participant
            @pinwiz99

If you’re an EM fan then all the tables by Popotte and Greywolf are a MUST. I’ve come to appreciate them so much. Slamt1lt has remixed a few tables (Target Alpha, Spirit of ’76 off the top of my head) EM tables are truly amazing on FP and the BAM lighting features and adjustments make them look even better.

Here are some must haves:

Alien Legacy Ultimate Badass edition

Superman DOFLINX

Nightmare on Elm Street Ultimate 1.06 DOFLINX

Bubble Bobble DOFLINX

Star Wars Death Star Assault (pretty much all versions of this table, Ultimate Doflinx, Empire Edition and Jedi Version)

Star Trek 1979 Ultimate Pro aka Condition Red

Tron Legacy VIP Original table (not the Stern version)

Tron Legacy Stern

Back to the Future Original table

Jaws Ultimate Pro

Iron Man Ultimate Pro

Medieval Madness Ultimate

Star Trek Stern Doflinx edition

Gorgar Mega 1.5

Flash Gordon Ultimate (although I’m sure an ultimate pro version will come out soon)

Indiana Jones Adventure (Ultimatum edition 3.0)

Red Dwarf Ultimate

Sonic the Hedgehog Ultimate

Twilight Zone 20th Anniversary Ultimate 1.02

Attack From Mars Ultimate although I’m about to release a modded version with Dynamic Flippers and animation/lighting changes

Big Guns Ultimate

Road Girls Revisited

Batman Dark knight Joker edition (till Slam releases his Ultimate Pro)

Shootanza

Tribute to the 80’s: TutenKham 1.0

RetroFlair Doflinx

The last 3 on this list are true “arcade pinball” games as they’re very CGI however they are still fun I would suggest looking at other games by Polygame as well.

That should tide you over for awhile. Once you mess with BAM and get the physics dialed in you’ll have a blast.

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Yes. Anything by polygame – check out Reel It In! or Take-Out Lunch. And he has a whole series of tables for Tribute to the 80s aside from Tutenkham. There are tables based on Tempest, Asteroids, Pole Position, etc. Robots Invasion is his take on Pinball 2000. Polygame is one of the greatest of all time.

PinWiz99
              Participant
                @pinwiz99

I love reel it in! and yeah those tribute to the 80’s games are great.

Also for the DOFlinx games you don’t need DOF setup just make sure you have the DOFLinx.vbs script in your tables folder.

Also i’d suggest having both versions of a recreated table (FP and VPX) as each will bring different elements (aside from physics :eye roll:)

Like for example I have 3 versions of Terminator 2 from FP alone. Sometimes different tables offer different experiences. (The versions I have are Skynet, Ultimate with real DMD Animations and GLXB mod)

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

If you’re an EM fan then all the tables by Popotte and Greywolf are a MUST. I’ve come to appreciate them so much. Slamt1lt has remixed a few tables (Target Alpha, Spirit of ’76 off the top of my head) EM tables are truly amazing on FP and the BAM lighting features and adjustments make them look even better.

Here are some must haves:

Alien Legacy Ultimate Badass edition

Superman DOFLINX

Nightmare on Elm Street Ultimate 1.06 DOFLINX

Bubble Bobble DOFLINX

Star Wars Death Star Assault (pretty much all versions of this table, Ultimate Doflinx, Empire Edition and Jedi Version)

Star Trek 1979 Ultimate Pro aka Condition Red

Tron Legacy VIP Original table (not the Stern version)

Tron Legacy Stern

Back to the Future Original table

Jaws Ultimate Pro

Iron Man Ultimate Pro

Medieval Madness Ultimate

Star Trek Stern Doflinx edition

Gorgar Mega 1.5

Flash Gordon Ultimate (although I’m sure an ultimate pro version will come out soon)

Indiana Jones Adventure (Ultimatum edition 3.0)

Red Dwarf Ultimate

Sonic the Hedgehog Ultimate

Twilight Zone 20th Anniversary Ultimate 1.02

Attack From Mars Ultimate although I’m about to release a modded version with Dynamic Flippers and animation/lighting changes

Big Guns Ultimate

Road Girls Revisited

Batman Dark knight Joker edition (till Slam releases his Ultimate Pro)

Shootanza

Tribute to the 80’s: TutenKham 1.0

RetroFlair Doflinx

The last 3 on this list are true “arcade pinball” games as they’re very CGI however they are still fun I would suggest looking at other games by Polygame as well.

That should tide you over for awhile. Once you mess with BAM and get the physics dialed in you’ll have a blast.

Yes, SLAM has just released Ultimate Pro versions of Strikes and Spares and Kiss. Both show how great any FP table can be with new BAM updates:

– newer dynamic physics

– Bam shadow maps

– using hardware lighting for the GI lights

– Bam real magnets / spinners

– BAM texture swaps instead of using multiple PF surfaces

– BAM lighting and post processing. The user can easily change the lighting presets themselves which is essential for these tables, as the default lighting for FP will look horrible. Honestly SLAM should just include his own BAM cfg for each table so you can just copy and paste it to BAM\cfg, and is all setup for you as he intended for it to look.

Xenon and Flash Gordon Ultimate Pro are also about to be release over the next few days.

GeorgeH
                  Participant
                    @georgeh

I put together a list of my favorite tables here:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

I have them ranked from 3 to 5 stars. I included original tables but you can see if it is a recreation by looking at the blue text on the posting.

George

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?