Lost mechanical sounds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bjschneider93
    Participant
      @bjschneider93

i was playing Black Knight and about half way through the game I lost all mechanical sounds (ball rolling, flippers, pops, etc).  I still have the rom sounds.  I tried exiting the table and restarting and still no sound.  I also tried restarting windows but still no sound.  My cabinet has worked almost flawlessly for a few years until now.  I seem to remember something like this happening to someone before but couldn’t find a solution while searching.  Obviously I will check the basics in the morning but just trying to point my brain in the right direction.  Thanks in advance

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

try pressing “+” or “-“ while game is loaded and see if it changes the volume of the missing sounds.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

For people that experience sound issues – this wiki article describes very well things you should look for https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/win10-and-lost-music-rom-sounds/

bjschneider93
          Participant
            @bjschneider93

So I shut down the cabinet completely and everything started working again…. or so I thought.  The mechanical sounds would come and go throughout a game. I was playing the newly released Metropolis.  When I tried Night Moves they were all gone again. I updated VPX to the latest beta and now everything seems to work again

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Do you have separate speakers for mechanical and vpinmame sounds? Could it be a loose connection?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bjschneider93
              Participant
                @bjschneider93

Yes. Separate speakers. Connections were good. Seems to have been software related

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?