Lost Project

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

I’m really sad to say that I lost my current project when my storage hard drive died today.  It had been a couple months since my last backup, unfortunately, and it’s gone.  I had been working on the playfield redraw for Williams Sorcerer.  It’s a table I really like, and when the place, near me, that had this table got rid of it I decided to start working on a VPX version.  The playfield was about 80% or so, and I thought it was looking really good… I had a whole lot of hours in it.  A bunch of detail and small lines in the art.  I had to take a day off every time I worked on it because it was wrecking my eyes.

Anyway… the project is lost… I’m sorry I wasn’t able to finish and share it.  I lost some pinball tables and other stuff but all easily replaced… most everything was backed up.  It’s a real bummer… has ruined my day.    :cry:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You cannot recover it!?!? For sure? Sorry man. I thought. Y title you were making a table based on that awful tv show I watched “lost” :(

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

You cannot recover it!?!? For sure? Sorry man. I thought by title you were making a table based on that awful tv show I watched “lost” :(

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

Sorry to hear that, I have learned over the years always have backups to your backups.  My wife thinks i’m obsessed with USB drives cause i have so many.

No way it can be salvaged off the drive?  If only someone around here knew something about computers :scratch:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I’ve never not been able to recover a file. I still use old dos boot disk with a small amazing program that works great. I think hirens boot cd has same great things to try! Please download that and give it a try.

for IOS and Android

Al
              Participant
                @alandee

Yeah that sucks big. Hirens is a good option ;

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Drive rescue if fat format : https://www.hiren.info/articles/recovery/hard-drive-data-recovery-using-drive-rescue

Handy Recovery if NTFS : https://www.hiren.info/articles/recovery/hard-drive-data-recovery-using-handy-recovery

Unstoppable copier is a fave also : https://www.hiren.info/articles/recovery/hard-drive-data-recovery-using-unstoppable-copier

I’m called upon regularly to recover data, Hirens tools rarely let me down.

Good luck !

Cheers,

al.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

I have an auto backup program and everything from my storage drive goes to an external backup drive.  But I was having some kind of a problem a couple months back and turned off the scheduled auto-backup feature and hadn’t manually run it or turned it back on.

I’ve tried everything to get this drive running, but it won’t be recognized in Windows or the BIOS.  I have already ordered a new drive, but everything since my last backup is lost, including my redraw files.

I ordered a Sata to USB dock just now as a last ditch effort, but it seems extremely unlikely.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

I just realized I had sent someone preview pics of the redraw in chat here on the site, so I at least have some pics to show of what was completed.  This is with and without the template.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Looks nice!!!

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

The without template pic looks wrong when you zoom in on it… not sure why that is… not supposed to have all those black areas, but you get the idea.

*edit*  Oh, it’s the transparencies showing up as black for some reason.

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Someone had sent me a video on replacing the pcb on the hard drive to get it to read.  It’s $50 for the pcb, so it’s kind of a gamble if it doesn’t work.  I may try it at some point, but I’m not sure.

ninuzzu
                          Participant
                            @ninuzzu
                            vipMember

Yeah you need to swap the PCBs in order to recover the data. But they must be compatible (if not the same rev ) and in most cases you need also to swap the ROM.

It’s not that easy though.

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

Does the drive spin up at all?  If not could be bad board like other said..  If it does spin I’ve had OK luck (at least saved a few drives)  with dropping the drive a few inches..  Obviously have it unplugged and whatnot..  drop it from a few inches on a corner, but don’t actually let it fall…. just enough to jar it a bit.

re-draw looked great by the way I hope you can find it!!

on a side note, great recommendations on software for recovering files, writing them all done :D.  anyone have a recommendation on recovering files from a raid-6 array?  My little girl unplugged my storage array and corrupted the raid :(.

Al
                              Participant
                                @alandee

anyone have a recommendation on recovering files from a raid-6 array?

Raid 6 is the same as raid 5 init ? but with a sha or parity check or similar. Was it a nas or open nas ? If only one or 2 drives are shagged you may just try replacing them and then it should rebuild itself if I’m thinking correctly.

If not, raidrecovery is the only freeware tool I’ve used for a raid that is entirely corrupt, and even then you need to be really patient and recover from what it salvages.

If it is irreplaceable data, then Disk Internals also does one called raid recovery but I think it cost work a lot some time back :/, or a clean room forensics recovery service ..

Cheers,

al.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?