Lost World (Bally 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

You know a game is great when you play it trying to find issues and instead you just get lost into it and notice a couple of hours have passed by.  The comparison to Paragon is valid, both in art and gameplay. The lighting on this table feels just right, with the incandescent glow just bang on.  The overall look is incredible and the gameplay is spot the heck on.  Look at those to saucers and the variations in near misses and edged hits.   A few games where you are the pinball wizard and many more where you are the pinball loser, just like when I play the real deal.

its getting more and more difficult to tell there is a wizard behind that curtain over there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Happy Birthday to you Bord :) Another masterpiece from you thank you so much ! :yahoo:

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

I’m sorry but it can’t be your birthday… I don’t see it on the birthday thread so it can’t be true :rose:

https://vpinball.com/members-birthdays/

Congrats and thanks for yet another great release

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

@jesperpark, I thought about adding it to my profile but then I’d get kicked off the forums for violating the TOS. (today is my twelfth birthday)

Herweh
            Participant
              @herweh
              vipMemberContributor

Oh man, what a masterpiece. As I mentioned already, I’ve owned this table in real life long ago, and I’ve sold it. I love the fact to play it again, perfectly emulated. You’re the best.

And of course happy birthday. Enjoy your day!

Skitso
              Participant
                @skitso

Haven’t had time to test this yet, but according to the screenshot, it’s pretty evident we have another reference table from bord. Lighting, modeling and texturing all seem to be absolutely perfect. Wish I could have even a tiny part of your talent!

Happy birthday!

Schreibi34
                Participant
                  @schreibi34

You must be feeling really good kicking every other authors asses, eh!?

Absolutely stunning how you move up one level on every release! And i’m not talking about one release a year!

Thanks to roth and all the resource guys. Awesome job!

And happy 70th birthday, old man!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Hey bord, Happy Birthday – didnt know, that we get Gifts, and not you :)
                    Then a Special Thanks for that, also to BorgDog, jmreedy, miguel, digable, Roth and the whole Team !

Have seen Screenshot at my Handy, your Releases here are Always a big Reason to get back on PC and Cab :good:

Beers for you and your Party !

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Man…spent the day playing around with a Stream Deck and am just seeing this now.  Cannot wait to get home in a few to load this on cab.  Looks amazing.

Thanks and Happy Birthday bord!!    and thanks to the support crew.  fantastic job.

WAKE UP TOM!!

kds70
                      Participant
                        @kds70

Happy birthday @bord and thank you and team for this amazing release :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Oldschool4
                        Participant
                          @oldschool4

A very nice table @bord, Happy Birthday. :good:

Mark70
                          Participant
                            @mark70

Happy Birthday!
                            Awesome looking and playing table – and man it sounds (mechanical) great too.
                            it is a pleasure to watch the ball wobble around the holes.
                            Thanks!

Teahaus
                            Participant
                              @teahaus

Just spent an hour playing this beautiful table.  You really are nailing the lighting and colours on all your tables Adrian!  Great work and congrats to all who helped put this together.  It really is a stunner in 4K.  (I’m sure it looks good in any K).

BrandonLaw
                              Participant
                                @brandonlaw

Man…you really know how to get a guy who doesn’t play too many EM tables…playing an EM table.  I’m really enjoying this as it’s just stunning.  The quality of work here is apparent and we are glad to have you around…even if you are one of those humans who get’s older today.  Happy birthday!  Also, i’m going to MOD this table with a post on the entrance of each outlane.  That cool?

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

@brandonlaw : Adjust your nudge better and add a real tilt bob and you’ll be enjoying it much more than those posts ;-)

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

“Also, i’m going to MOD this table with a post on the entrance of each outlane.  That cool?”     Oh my…bord’s a purist  but…this would be a neat mod for guys like me.  yeah…I used to use the cheat codes in DooM so I could just stroll around.  Oh, this would be a SS.  Not an EM.      I need a center post too …or maybe learn how to do this.

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

@brandonlaw : Adjust your nudge better and add a real tilt bob and you’ll be enjoying it much more than those posts ;-)

Dang purists.  I understand.  And after playing it for a while not sure that mod is necessary.  I’m getting some perfect ball reaction off those rather skinny wire rails.  That’s how it’s meant to play.   And might muddy up the rather amazing artwork.           do it anyway

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

Man…you really know how to get a guy who doesn’t play too many EM tables…playing an EM table. I’m really enjoying this as it’s just stunning. The quality of work here is apparent and we are glad to have you around…even if you are one of those humans who get’s older today. Happy birthday! Also, i’m going to MOD this table with a post on the entrance of each outlane. That cool?

@borgdog
                                        and I were PMing about the physics and he mentioned that the more conservative (wider lane) settings on this game may actually cause more bounce backs off the wood rails into the inlane, making the liberal post settings more difficult. If you switch the playfield image to the non-rendered one in the editor (“lost world pf” or something similar) you can see the holes for the posts at the different difficulty settings. Just make sure to switch back to the rendered pf before playing.

Also, posted a quick update to the game to fix an insert light I was testing this morning before uploading. If you don’t want to re-download just change l43’s state to “lightstateoff”. I accidentally left it on in 1.0.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. Great to get to be creative with so many other talented and interesting people.

jbg4208
                                        Participant
                                          @jbg4208

Awesome work @bord. thanks for this. Oh and Happy Birthday !

Lets Go Blues!

3rdaxis
                                          Participant
                                            @3rdaxis
                                            MemberContributor

Stunning work my friend. Top shelf table right there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?