Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
    @benlogan2

Hot dog, what a looker!

gavb73
    Participant
    @gavb73

Beautiful recreation. Thanks bord

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

@Thalamus Nudge works great.  I’m just not good and I drink! :yahoo:

@jfr1
    I’m totally kidding.  It plays beautifully.  Funny thought…you know if someone made “post mods” of tables where posts were placed into outlanes…people would download them.  I still see adults bowling with gutter-guards :-)

"Fuck this game. I love it."

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Sounds and all is great :-)

But with the latest DL, i have this (White) View hm :unsure:

IMG_20200110_141137

Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

Sounds and all is great :-)

But with the latest DL, i have this (White) View hm :unsure:

IMG_20200110_141137

I have the normal view with the 1.0a-Version.

Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

A little late to the party, but happy birthday to you. :rose:

And thanks for this beautiful table. Love it.

Here are my two wheels for this table.
    If you want more wheels made by me (nearly 1.000), take a look here:
    https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg
    Or download them directly from the PinUp Popper mediadatabase.

Lost World (Bally 1978) LogoLost World (Bally 1978)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Ok, redownloaded ( and fast, thanks randr :-) ), all fine now :good:

IMG_20200110_155711

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Strange Day – wanted to try out some Sound Options with F6 Menu – and wondered, i had only VPX Sounds, Nothing else …
    To whatever i Change: Chimes, Noise, Tunes … i only have VPX Element Sounds … :scratch:

Tried: Rom from VPF and VPU …

rgarriott
    Participant
    @rgarriott

Another great table Bord. Looks fantastic. The graphics and lighting are top notch as usual. But what I am really liking are those pop bumpers and the saucers.  Looks so damn real.  Thanks again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    remy
    Participant
    @remy

thank you Bord !

agentEighty6
    Participant
    @zigbane

i prefer this version.

monthly_10_2013_b8bb609dbc73777b9edcfd39032141b1-lostworld_v20_screen_shot

Just kidding! but if compare the two, it’s incredible how far this hobby has come in just a few years.

Amazing work (as usual)!

i’ll be dissecting this table to learn your little secrets (like that saucer technique we’ve been chatting about!).

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Strange Day – wanted to try out some Sound Options with F6 Menu – and wondered, i had only VPX Sounds, Nothing else …

To whatever i Change: Chimes, Noise, Tunes … i only have VPX Element Sounds … :scratch:

Tried: Rom from VPF and VPU …

Same.  On my cab, works fine.  PC in desktop mode, no sounds other than the effects.  No chimes, bells, ect.

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

… strange, what !? I also double-checked all the Settings, Redownloaded Roms, … someone have a Clue ?

kds70
    Participant
    @kds70

… strange, what !? I also double-checked all the Settings, Redownloaded Roms, … someone have a Clue ?

Two sound cards in your cab maybe (for playfield / table sounds) ?

You have checked your vpinmame sound settings with F1 ?

lostworld_pinmame

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siems contactors / knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
    STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

ah didnt enable both: Sound and Samples – big THANKS @kds70

@brandonlaw
    for sure that is/was also your Issue here.

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Happy belated birthday, Bord.  I feel like you should be the one getting the gift.  Thanks for this great looking table.  I want to especially thank you for doing so much work to track down these pristine resources for your tables.  It’s so nice to see crisp graphics on tables with such awesome, classic art like this one.  :good:

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Two sound cards in your cab maybe (for playfield / table sounds) ?

You have checked your vpinmame sound settings with F1 ?

lostworld_pinmame

Wish I could say the same.  Very strange.  Only one soundcard…both bg and table on primary.   My main pc (one i’m on now) is running in DT mode of course, but other than just opening and playing (actually opened it for resources because Bord’s a genius) I haven’t changed anything.

Hmmm…I don’t much care on this pc, but just odd.

I’ll fire up the cab and see if any sounds actually come from the ROM in pinmame.  I could have some sort of odd nv/cfg/rom issue or something.  I don’t know much about EM tables.

Example…when I begin a game and the music plays…on this table, is it from the ROM or is it sampled/imported?  Knowing that would give me a good base to troubleshoot.

asdfadf

EDIT: Opened ROM via PinMAME on Cab…I get ROM sounds.  Same on Desktop..no rom sounds.  Deleted nv/cfg/rom on DT and imported all from Cab.  Nothing.  I can see the ROM visually playing the sounds under the display in VPinMame.  Even reinstalled to 3.3 VPinMame on DT.  I’m leaning towards something outside of VPinMame altogether.  Just odd it’s this ONE ROM.  Tried others (4 others) in VPinMame…all working fine.  The frig.  Updating my Sound drivers and going from there.  DX stuff just confirmed it’s all up to date.

EDIT2:  Sort’ve found the culprit!  Took a screenshot overlapping my Cab and DT via Teamviewer.  Working on the left, not working on the right.  ROM shows that the ‘Sample Check’ is ‘Not found.’  This is where I become clueless.  Any ideas?

asdfasdf

EDIT3:  I GOT IT.  So…when you install VPinMame…you have the option to install “Samples.”  This is not something I did on my Desktop.  It creates a Samples dir in VPinMame with just 2 files in it.  Apparently this rom needs those samples for use.  This was driving me nuts.  Hope this helps someone else!!

SAMPLES

samplesdir

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@rothbauerw : I expect that you had your hands in the flipper physics on this one. Or, @Bord have used your tutorials with perfection. All I know is that I absolutely love this table. Thanks once again guys. :rose:

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

I took a first pass at flippers, @rothbauerw fixed my mistakes, @borgdog made some suggestions based on how his machine does drop catches, back to roth for updates, back to borgdog for testing and approval…

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Yeah. Well, that is exactly what I think works exceptionally well on this table. I’m seriously considering making a drop catch mod of this to train my brain with. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW