LOTR (Stern 2003) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Coindropper
    Participant
      @coindropper

LOTR (Stern 2003) VPX

I have tried to make additional changes to the lighting. I am considering this a final build for now.

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

I am finding the light under the sword and also the fellowship lights very bright however.

VPB
        Participant
          @vpb

Thanks Rusty, I still need to come back and finish this one. Lighting has been an issue because my laptop shows lights dim vs my cab. On the lights under the sword, on the videos I have seen on YouTube (Never had the chance to play the real table) it seems blindingly bright on ball locks. I’ll see if I can work on it tomorrow and get the lighting a bit better. It’s been in wip status far too long.

Original author:

PaSSion
          Participant
            @adrian

Wicked Effort. keep up the GR8 work

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

I was just giving this table a go, and when i got multi ball the balls would not fire automatically into the play field.  The noise was there but no shot.  Had to fire manually with the plunger.  Is it just me or anyone else have this?

Thanks for the table

htamas
              Participant
                @htamas

Thanks for the VPX conversion.

I find this version way too easy though. I’m not an expert of this table but in my very first game I got so many extra balls and I could keep the ball on the playfield so long that I didn’t even finish the game, I got kind of bored with it. It was too easy to hit all the ramps, holes, targets – I could not even be close to this in the VP9 version.

Does anyone else have the same experience?

Coindropper
                Participant
                  @coindropper

thanks for the feedback htamas, I will try to get to work on this table soon. I have received some good tips on how I can improve the physics and hopefully make it more playable. I’ve been so busy with work/kids, I haven’t had time to do much.

Phil Docker
                  Participant
                    @dock

Thanks for the VPX conversion. I find this version way too easy though. I’m not an expert of this table but in my very first game I got so many extra balls and I could keep the ball on the playfield so long that I didn’t even finish the game, I got kind of bored with it. It was too easy to hit all the ramps, holes, targets – I could not even be close to this in the VP9 version. Does anyone else have the same experience?

I would go into the ROM settings on the game and adjust that – it may not be the table.  Have not played it yet.

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Good to see you are still around Coindropper.  :-)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Yes we miss you! Don’t be a stranger! :-)

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

just wonder if anyone has gotten the rom sounds to work??… I followed the script info… but only get sound if i turn the rom sounds off…

Jodannar
                          Participant
                            @jodannar

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I get the sound if I use the noo-rom sounds, but they are sent to the playfield sound device.</p>
                            I am unable to get the ROM sounds to work following the instructions.

Correction: the ROM sound is present, just very very quite. Needs to be turned up in the settings menu of the table.

vpalmer
                            Participant
                              @vpalmer

looks like center loop (aka Gandalf loop) not register rolls through it during MB modes (especially Return of the King and Destroy the Ring) almost always

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Take a look at VPU, there is a newer Version avaiable … maybe with some Fixes.

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Does Hannibal usually change the physics on his mod tables?

vpalmer
                                  Participant
                                    @vpalmer

Does Hannibal usually change the physics on his mod tables?

not sure but played his version of Star Trek and atleast strength of kicker, slingshot was too high – i compared with several videos of real tables

vpalmer
                                    Participant
                                      @vpalmer

Take a look at VPU, there is a newer Version avaiable … maybe with some Fixes.

i fixed it already myself and found some other little issues like clear plastic between left outlane and PotD is rotated in wrong direction and has wrong form, no locking/releasing pin-post at sword rails etc. hope i will be able to rebuild this things.
                                      i checked script (not played) of Hannibal’s version of LotR – looks like he fixed sw42 (gate which trigger is a problem of not working Inner Loop in version here).

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

So did this table ever have it’s issues updated?  I see @vpalmer fixed some of the play-ability issues, but i don’t think he ever released them?.  Also I see @Neofr45 has been doing some great work along with many others in the community, updating some tables.  Is there a chance this table could be updated as well?

I know hannibal released a version with permission from Coindropper, I could contact CD to see if he is okay with this.  I don’t have the skill set to do tables but I can humbly and nicely ask  :heart:

This is such a sought after real pinball table, there is no way I will never pay the big dollars they go for.  But a complete/playable virtual version would be the next best thing.   :yes:

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

I played Hannibal’s version and it looked like some things were fixed, but it was stuttery as heck.  I asked about how to disable his ball reflection stuff that he puts on his recent tables but never got an anwer… I had a suspicion that is what was causing it.  It’s the only table I’ve run lately where I noticed stutter (maybe one other… can’t remember).

vpalmer
                                          Participant
                                            @vpalmer

So did this table ever have it’s issues updated? I see @vpalmer fixed some of the play-ability issues, but i don’t think he ever released them?. Also I see @neofr45 has been doing some great work along with many others in the community, updating some tables. Is there a chance this table could be updated as well? I know hannibal released a version with permission from Coindropper, I could contact CD to see if he is okay with this. I don’t have the skill set to do tables but I can humbly and nicely ask :heart: This is such a sought after real pinball table, there is no way I will never pay the big dollars they go for. But a complete/playable virtual version would be the next best thing. :yes:

actually i fixed only few things, to make Coindropper’s version more playable, but here are still some problems with Destroy the Ring mode – table acts inconsistantly (looks like real tables have strange behavour in this mode too sometimes – so it is problem of ROM or sensors maybe) – it can count mode completion after 1st ring shot or it can launch second ball, 1 time it even worked as needed – grabed ball in the ring with magnet and completed mode after i shot grabbed ball through the ring with second ball.
                                            here is list of things what need to be fixed/reworked on table (with “+” i checked what i already done):

1. redo Balrog Model
                                            2. redo Sword ramp model
                                            2.1 redo sword gate
                                            2.2 redo sword’s handle plastic
                                            2.3 create lock post on sword and relocate triangle metal arc on it
                                            +3. fix switches and gates
                                            +3.1 fix inner (center/Gandalf) and right loops gates and switches
                                            4. fix plastic ramp near left outlane (roteted in 180 degrees on X axis)
                                            5. redo blue playfield elfen rings back to white (and other rings’ inlays – should be dark in “off” state)
                                            +6. adjust plunger physics
                                            7. adjust pop bumpers strength/speeed
                                            8. need to check Ring Magnet work during Destroy the Ring multiball
                                            9. fix Spot Ring and Right Ramp arrow’ inlays and check other inlays
                                            10. fix invisible ramp walls

+11. fix switchable orbit

i will try contact Coindropper to check him my version of fixes for tables and if he will answer and will agree then probably he will upload it.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?