Machine 'romname' terminated before initialized

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mccorkled
    Participant
      @mccorkled

I have been messing around with this for a few hours tonight and searching various forums and I have not come up with a definitive answer. I am getting the error Machine ‘romname’ terminated before initialized and I cannot figure out what the problem is. I have checked and rechecked the roms and everything looks fine to me.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Without knowing how far along you are to Installing Visual pinball/Pinmame makes it hard to give you any leads.  But try these videos first and maybe you will find you missed a step.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/first-time-installation-of-visual-pinball/

My “guess” is it has to do with Pinmame being Installed properly, or the roms being in the correct location of Pinmame, or a permissions issue with Piname

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

one thing to check.  if you get this error when running full screen exclusive…. try switching to not full screen exclusive,  if you get no error then its just your ddraw registry entry when running FS excl.

mccorkled
          Participant
            @mccorkled

I’ve installed everything according to the videos which turn out is everything I already did. I tried it with the fullscreen exclusive off and it is still happening.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Is this a certain table or every table you try?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

mccorkled
              Participant
                @mccorkled

It happened with 2 of 3 I tried.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Please provide table names. If they are Sam tables then I would bet your rom name is not correct as they changed naming not to long ago

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

mccorkled
                  Participant
                    @mccorkled

24 and 250cc were the ones popping up the message. Adams Family works but I can’t get it to cab mode.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Here are the roms you need. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlvoakbvpy4p6z9/roms.zip?dl=0

What I expect to be the problem ( if you have 24 – is what is said already – you are trying to run the table with exclusive full screen ) – that might require you to change ddraw to 0 in the registry. Just search for ddraw in any of the pinball forums. It has been explained time and time again. For CC250, it sounds like a bad rom or something. The one I share is the one you want.

For TAF, cab mode ? Change your rotation for the table to 270 degrees. I expect that is what you are trying to say :)

This tutorial explains it in the end – but, you should really read it all https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

mccorkled
                      Participant
                        @mccorkled

Thank you both.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?