This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kleig 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     legin 
    Participant

Great job on the frontend guys.  I have VPX installed and running beautifully and I love it, but…

I am having trouble getting mame to run in Pinup.  I am using the standard command line mame located on C:\mame

When I run a mame game from pinupmenu I get an error message (see pic)

Pinupmenu freezes and I have to use Task manager to shut it down.  Usually after it shuts down I lose my taskbar (start button etc) and I have to restart my computer before I can restart pinupmenu.

Heres my current script for mame:  (I am definately not the man to see about scripts!!!!)

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 2 2 10
    c:
    cd “c:\mame”
    START “” “[diremu]\mame.exe “[GAMENAME]”

I havent even bothered with the close script yet as I cant even get it to start.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Mine for reference. Works for me. :

Launch:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” “Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator” 2 2 10

g:

cd “G:\Emulators\MAME”

START “” “[diremu]\mamelayplus.exe” “[GAMEFULLNAME]”

Close:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” PROC “mamelayplus” 2 1

legin 
    Participant

I changed the script to:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” “Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator” 2 2 10

c:

START “” “[diremu]\mame.exe” “[GAMEFULLlNAME]”

Now I dont get an error message and no crashing of pinupmenu, but the game still didnt start.  After trying to start the game I see the usual loading screen then I see my desktop.  I can push Q for quit and I go back to pinupmenu which I can exit out of normally by pushing x.

legin 
    Participant

Success!!!

I installed mameuifx64 and used that instead, Now everything works.

I only installed one mame game for testing so now I have to get some more installed.

I noticed on Terrys videos he had a marque around his playfield.  Where can I get those?

I also noticed he is using mamelayplus which I cant find.  Seems like the website is now dead.  Hopefully the marques were not part of that program.

Heres my scripts for those interested:

LAUNCH SCRIPT:

c:

START “” “[diremu]\mameuifx64.exe” “[GAMEFULLNAME]”

CLOSE SCRIPT:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” PROC “mameuifx64” 1 1

Kleig 
    Participant

Following with great interest!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account