Mariner (Bally 1971)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=84067

Mariner is a four player undersea themed table from Bally that was released in 1971.  It features a zig-zag lane for triggering various bonus features, a side bonus scoring lane and some center and side drain inducing mushroom bumpers that are locatged just above the flippers.

The zip file includes the B2s backglass and Wheel image as well as the table.  All of the artwork was hand drawn in inkscape.  Bord did a awesome job with making Blender primitives and lighting masks for the table that really bring it to life.  Thanks also to kds70 for his testing of the table.

kds70
      Participant
        @kds70

Thanks Scott; another Beauty :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Micronaut
        Participant
          @micronaut

thanks, just one question: the 100-point bells sound the same as the 1000-point bells

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

According to the schematic for the game there is only one bell solenoid and it can be set to fire with the 100’s, 1000’s or both 100’s and 1000’s point values.  I’ll have to check the script when I get home to see how I coded this…

If you change line 1197 to “Bell1000” that will give you a different bell sound for the 1000’s

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Veeeery nice! One of the best looking EM tables! I really like it when old tables get some love!

Thanks to you and the team!

Micronaut
              Participant
                @micronaut

Veeeery nice! One of the best looking EM tables! I really like it when old tables get some love!

Thanks to you and the team!

[/quo

Micronaut
                Participant
                  @micronaut

According to the schematic for the game there is only one bell solenoid and it can be set to fire with the 100’s, 1000’s or both 100’s and 1000’s point values. I’ll have to check the script when I get home to see how I coded this…

If you change line 1197 to “Bell1000” that will give you a different bell sound for the 1000’s

¡genial!

i changed the script line 1197 and now the 1000-point bells sound well, thanks for you help, :good:

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Just found this table.  How’d I miss this one?  What a gem…about to spend some late-night-off-tomorrow time with this.  Thanks Scott, Bord, kds70!  I am barely a year into my VP cab build and had no idea that I would become so fascinated with EM creations.  But table builds with this amazing level of visual reality….really takes me back to when I was 10 years old and would have a game last 30 seconds.  But put a coin right back in and try again.

Thanks again for bringing these EM’s into our lives.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

All types of pinball machines can be fun.  Sometimes folks overlook EMs but there are some that are a blast!  There are also some EMs that are duds but then again there are some SS duds as well…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?