Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Pinball WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    sheltemke
    Participant
      @sheltemke

Another update for you guys. :)

@Dids666

Do you still have the file that you used for rendering the above image? Cause thats the one i need. You already did a great job on putting those textures on the meshes! We shouldn’t do it twice.

Thanks, man!

Edit:

Attachments don’t work with quotes:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-pinball-wip/#post-98176

I don’t think he reading this topic (offen), better,faster if you add him on Facebook and contact him:
      search: Did Crabtree

Still waiting for his answer for permission, by the way this permission thing is always a bit foggy for me. :wacko: If Tom have the entire permission from Dids and Tom allow you to do it i think it would be right you to “inherit” permission from TOM. :unsure:  Permissions are that complicated me than scripting in VPX heh : ;-) . But we wait for his answer ofc. :yes:

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

No Foolbook for me!

It would be cool if you could take what i wrote and pass it to him.

Thanks!

sheltemke
        Participant
          @sheltemke

No Foolbook for me!

It would be cool if you could take what i wrote and pass it to him.

Thanks!

I Did now. Waiting.

sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

Dids666 gave the permission, we can invite anybody from now if must.

Pm sent to Schreibi34.

So… “Rise and Shine” Frankenstein.

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

I have to check the UV-Maps first! I still don’t know if we have the “ready to render” ones. If not, i will do the texturing if everything is nice, clean and quick work. If not:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-pinball-wip/page/3/#post-154700

I don’t have the time to make the meshes fit the resources! Not on a table like this. But let’s just wait and see! I’ll report back!

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

@sheltemke, ask him to come over to the thread if he can for some questions about resources

sheltemke
                Participant
                  @sheltemke

@sheltemke, ask him to come over to the thread if he can for some questions about resources

Just did now.

Dids666
                  Participant
                    @dids666

Hey everyone, sorry! I should come over to this thread more often. To answer a few questions that I’ve seen: All textures that I have used are in a file in the Dropbox, the main files to use are Cinema 4d files. I seem to be the only one in the vpinball community that uses C4D so I’m going to try and convert the files with textures for you. Please let me know what software you guys are using and hopefully I can get the files sorted. Once that is done you should be able to render the new textures either flat or from perspective I know it works well in 3ds and I’ve had some good results from blender. The UV map will most likely not carry over as this tables assets are rendered from a fixed perspective (the best way to describe this is like a picture being projected from a projector over an object, if you look at it from a different angle it won’t make sense but from where you’re standing behind the projector it will cover only what you can see from that angle. This makes the UV map basically a flat image with no unwrapping involved). Regards to asking permission for people getting involved, anyone who wants to get this project through can join! As long as everybody involved are credited :)

I’ll keep chucking back so ask me any questions, also let me know what software everyone is using.

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

@Dids666

Thanks for answering!

All i need are the meshes with the “flat” textures applied to it plus the flat images that fit the UV-map. I will then do the perspective renderings and apply those to new meshes with perspective UV-Maps! Your perspective UV-maps are not needed.

You can either use .stl (not sure about the UV-map and the sharp edge detection) or .obj. OBJ would be better.

Thanks for all you have done so far! Your stuff looks really outstanding and i hope i can keep up the high level on this built!

Schreibi34
                      Participant
                        @schreibi34

I forgot to say that i only need this for meshes with an image like plastics, sidewalls, signs aso! Ramps, screws, ballguides will get a material. No UV-map needed from your side!

bigspider
                        Participant
                          @bigspider

I LIKE TO SEE THIS TEAM! I’m counting the days to be able to play! THANKFUL! :yahoo:

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

I’m not a huge fan of tables that you can not adjust the POV unless it comes out fitting the screen perfectly.  Everyone has their preferences and it’s nice to be able to move it around if needed.

Hopefully all of your work can be used Didds.  Hate to see all that go to waste.

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

OK, guys! I checked the stuff from drop box and i hate to say it but i can’t do it. The Playfield has baked shadows (let me know if i missed the plain PF in the zip-file) and other pinball parts are showing on the PF image. There are no UV-Maps that i could use and remaping all meshes to the resources would be way to timeconsuming for me.

@Dids666

Great job on the meshes! I hope someone will finish your work. Thanks, man!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              sheltemke
                              Participant
                                @sheltemke

Well…i think this table will be done if once in the future someone do from scratch than.

Schreibi34 thx for checking the files. :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Dids666
                                Participant
                                  @dids666

The original images are in there I’m sure. That’s not something I would delete. Hold on I will look

Dids666
                                  Participant
                                    @dids666

IMG_20191223_210251

Schreibi34
                                    Participant
                                      @schreibi34

Yes, i have seen those! When you setup the table in C4D you have to map those images onto the meshes before you can render a image. I need the meshes that fit to the images above, not the ones that fit to the perspective rendered images. I guess it’s the meshes you used for this image:

Frankenstein-4

Dids666
                                      Participant
                                        @dids666

This really is being over complicated. Creating the plastics can be done in VPX easily using simple walls and then exporting the blueprint and finished in photoshop (that’s if you don’t want to texture the meshes using external software). I have edited all the plastics that i managed to get from the internet so they are ready to go. The textures that were already on the table are rendered from perspective as you know so the UV’s will be for that and if you’re not using the same method as me will most likely be useless.

If you did want to bake the textures in 3rd party software there are 25 pieces that will need doing, the rest are parts that can be textured using vpx materials (minus the ramps, i would use the flupper method)

The only folders that are needed for both these methods are “Textures Main” and “Table Models”

The Playfield is an image lifted from PBA, they take pictures not scans so any shadows are because of that and shouldn’t be a problem.

Hope this helps.

STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Looks very nice @Schreibi34 :good:

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

Thats Dids image. I’m not working on it.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 259 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?