Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Pinball WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Mlager8
    Participant
      @mlager8

I thought someone was already handing a redraw? Don’t want to step on toes, but I can stitch those images and use my AI upscaler for sure.

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Sheltemke removed the shadows from the TPA image. You should check if this would be an improvement first! We shouldn’t waste your and sheltemkes time. The new images looked pretty sharp and clear! How bout upscaling one without stitching and check the quality?

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

@Mlager8

To make it more clear, we will only do this, if the new image is a big improvement. Sharp and 6k or maybe even 8k! I doubt that the AI upscaler can do this without cleaning/repairing the final image. Don’t waste your precious time if you feel that it’s not gonna work!

@Sheltemke

A more important work and a huge help would be to cut out the inserts and separate the insert text from the PF. Most text has white outlines and would light up like a christmas tree if not put on a separate wall in VPX that will not be lit from the inserts! Don’t feel forced to do it! Only if you have some time!

DoubleGoose
          Participant
            @doublegoose

Just here to chime in and voice my support for this one. It’s looking great, big thanks to all involved!

sheltemke
            Participant
              @sheltemke

@Mlager8

To make it more clear, we will only do this, if the new image is a big improvement. Sharp and 6k or maybe even 8k! I doubt that the AI upscaler can do this without cleaning/repairing the final image. Don’t waste your precious time if you feel that it’s not gonna work!

@Sheltemke

A more important work and a huge help would be to cut out the inserts and separate the insert text from the PF. Most text has white outlines and would light up like a christmas tree if not put on a separate wall in VPX that will not be lit from the inserts! Don’t feel forced to do it! Only if you have some time!

Insterts: It’s not about time its about my skills the problem. B-) I will be totally honest. I feel i have good photoshop skills to do playfields from nice images on internet. That’s ok..but my biggest limits are the inserts. You could not seperate the texts from the inserts becouse under the text there is not an image. And continue to drawing an insert is difficult(for me at last).

I learning inserts making at moment(experienting in Photoshop/check results in VPX) but with existing insert templates what i get from Siggi and thouse what i found in download section.

My suggestion:

-Wait for Mlager to check your photos(i used that too when i made my playfield didn’t know its not good enough, can you tell me what exactly “TPA Shadows” i removed? I don’t know what you mean, and i learn if you tell me what i did wrong, wasn’t problem before when i made playfields)

-After Mlager decided to make new playfield or stay with mine you have to choose:

-New Inserts (Siggi is more skilled than me with insterts so better if you ask him if you want a total perfect one)

Or:

I can do it in 2 way:

-Getting inserts from your new photos and insert it and correct the contrast / brightness/redraw the edges (very fast i can do it in some hour).

-Doing brand new inserts from templates and cut / paste the Texts (longer story and not now how good will be becouse i learning Inserts making at moment).

At moment i working on an Guns And Roses little update (mostly plastics jobs) and i want to update (many) inserts on that table becouse those looks like sh*t(i am critial with my job,  that will be my learning phase,not sure how long will be).

So decide first which playfield will be final, and if final is choosed / made we speak about inserts and i will gladly make it in my way, but as i said i am better making playfields than making inserts itselves (however i learn fast lol).

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

About the PF, i thought you were cleaning up Dids image. My fault! I didn’t realise that you were using newer images! Sometimes it’s hard to tell when your not working on it yourself. The PF is great as it is, but 8k is better when rendering from perspective. It’s not about the quality, it’s about the resolution! The higher the better, as long as it stays sharp!

@Mlager8

Sheltemke already stitched those images together so all that is left is to check the AI upscaler on sheltemkes PF!

About the inserts:

I might do this myself cause it seems a bit hard to explain what i need. I have all the insert images i need prerendered from meshes. I need to cut out the old inserts from the PF so i can make mine show through the hole! And i need the insert text being moved to a separate layer for insert lighting reasons in VPX.

Thanks guys, it’s all good, i’m just trying to push the quality a bit.

sheltemke
                Participant
                  @sheltemke

Is there a method in photoshop which i use when i upscale(Preserve Details 2.0 addon i use it with 50 percent noice reduction).

If you want i can upscale my playfield to 8K it in a second when i get home (5 hour later) and give you so you can check the quality.

But of course if you believe “AI upscaler”(i don’t know that) is better then just do with that guys.

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Do it! If it looks as good and crisp as the 4k image i’ll be happy to use it!

Mlager8
                    Participant
                      @mlager8

Wow lots of back and forth I missed here, @sheltemke is your final PF posted somewhere so I can run through my program? I did a side by side comparison for work with the upscale vs the new PS preserve details and while PS is a great improvement, the AI still did a better job with cleaning up aliasing along straight edges.

sheltemke
                      Participant
                        @sheltemke

Wow lots of back and forth I missed here, @sheltemke is your final PF posted somewhere so I can run through my program? I did a side by side comparison for work with the upscale vs the new PS preserve details and while PS is a great improvement, the AI still did a better job with cleaning up aliasing along straight edges.

The link still UP, so you can download from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCDgqsycQeSRinjLs9wbPRdGmfh47UHY/view

Skitso
                        Participant
                          @skitso
                          Schreibi34 wrote:

There is an easy way to make inserts light up corretly. Just have a separate copy of PF image only set for insert lights with darkened insert areas and even more darkened (almost black) insert decal area. You can see an example in my recent Medieval Madness -table.

Mlager8
                          Participant
                            @mlager8

Ok upressed @sheltemke s PF to 8k. Also I add added redrawn text for the inserts. The font isn’t a perfect match but it’s the best I could find. It’s all layered in PS so anyone can change it if they find a better font.

https://mega.nz/#!T5522aZT!rxllhuALZxFNIVr3BhnIuSdjjhD619GXkx9xRxGfJy8

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

@Sheltemke

Sorry if i ask you again, but did you use the images that i uploaded in this thread?   #157303

Because the PF image that i got from you still had the PF cutouts that were in bad shape with the paint comming off. The cutouts on the new images are super clean fresh out of the workshop. Did you just replace parts of the PF image?

No offence, i’m just confused.

sheltemke
                              Participant
                                @sheltemke

@Sheltemke

Sorry if i ask you again, but did you use the images that i uploaded in this thread? #157303

Because the PF image that i got from you still had the PF cutouts that were in bad shape with the paint comming off. The cutouts on the new images are super clean fresh out of the workshop. Did you just replace parts of the PF image?

No offence, i’m just confused.

I used those pictures yes.  Cutouts not(Edit: However if i remember correctly i repainted all the Cutout’s edge with the same wooden color which fit with other parts of the playfield), i think all of those Cutouts are under something when table will built, so i not copied those(or only few).

If you need me to copy the cutouts too from the new photos i can do it but will need some time.

So everything built from those playfield pictures you included(copyed, reshaped, reclaeaned, redrawed if must) except inserts and cutouts.

All of the “graphic” on PF is built from the new pictures, no old parts only Cutouts and Inserts different.

sheltemke
                                Participant
                                  @sheltemke

Well at least i told it won’t be perfect playfield, thought it will be good enough(that’s why i asked you at beginning).

But there is always learning something new: next time with the next playfield i spend more time and redo all de cutouts too(hopefully i will be skilled with inserts too then), didnt thought those are important to be authentic too.

I am not professional.

CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest
                                    Schreibi34
                                    Participant
                                      @schreibi34

@sheltemke

No problem! I just wanted to know if you used the images. The cutouts will be holes anyway! Thanks man!

@CarnyPriest

Thanks man! Those are really needed!

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

Layout is done. It was a ton of work to get everything in place. This is the best i could do with the given resources. Every of Dids prims was moved araound, stretched or rebuild from scratch to make it fit as good as possible. There are two things that i couldn’t solve.

First is the kicker hole under the vertical ramp that doesen’t fit to the PF image. This will not be seen when playing but still …. ouch! Too many ramps that were build with a scewed PF image. While Dids Meshes are excellent, i just couldn’t get the vertical ramp to fit over the PF hole. Sorry for that.

Second is the image aspect ratio only allows a Table size of 952 x 2080 VPUnits. Correct would be 952 x 2164. I don’t know where the problem is, but to solve it we would have to rebuild the PF image from scratch on a top view cam shot. I stretched it as far as i could but had to stop before all circles become egg shaped.

I made new bumper cap prims because i couldn’t find existing ones. They are as good as i could make them from google images.

Next is to clean up the PF image with new inserts and TT-Fonts.

Link to PNG:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg9xeGXpMOH-44Erw5Q?e=J63zlV

Preview:

Frank Render image - 17

BrandonLaw
                                        Participant
                                          @brandonlaw

This is one of my personal ‘most-anticipated’ WIPs.  Been watching this since the first go-around and it’s just stunning.  My itch to play this cannot be any stronger!  You all have come a long way and only have bits to go.  Great job!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

sheltemke
                                          Participant
                                            @sheltemke

Looks fantastic.

Schreibi34 my english is not too good what the problem for the kickerhole.

You speak about this?

kickerhole

The exact problem is the hole not “looks like new” ?

Becouse if thats the problem i can redraw for you, you have to send me the playfield.png file then which need to be modified.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 259 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?