Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    firebrand007
    Participant
    @firebrand007

Wowww… super excited, congrats guys !

#161821 Report
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

I’m finally done with all the Blender and PS work. I did everything i could to make the stuff that we have to work with look as crisp as possible. Please keep in mind that we had no full 8k redraw of the artwork. @sheltemke did a great job of stitching together a PF from Google images. Thanks man! @Dids666 meshes were awesome but i had to bend, stretch, move and skew almost all of them to make em fit the new PF again. So a big thank you to Dids666 for starting all of this!!!

Work that was done the last 2 weeks:

• New wood for the PF (once again thanks @BorgDog for the image)
    • New inserts that look more like the ones on the real table
    • New insert text from TT-Fonts (thanks @CarnyPriest for finding the right ones)
    • All acrylic cycles glass material was replaced by a material that works with VPX transparency. So what you see is what you get.
    • I made new flasher domes because Flupper’s had the wrong shape for this table.
    • Now please, a big hand for @Herweh who build the table and the script from scratch while i was doing the Blender stuff. I haven’t seen it yet but Frank is already moving hands and head and you can choose different modes for the head movement. I’m pretty sure that Herweh will tell you more and maybe even show something?

There are still the cutouts for the roll over targets missing!

So here is the link to the 3000×3000 full size .png:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg9xoqdvpUFRUQvy6aQ

Preview:

Frank Render image - 23BL

3 users thanked author for this post.
    #161822 Report
    sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

So beautiful….So beautiful.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    #161824 Report
    GuruChoc
    Participant
    @guruchoc

Thanks heaps for the work so far, can’t wait to play it.

G

#161825 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

:good: Very nice guys !

#161829 Report
    naeromagus
    Participant
    @naeromagus

This is looking to be a spectacular release.

#161832 Report
    outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

Looking Good :yahoo:

#161853 Report
    Shannon
    Participant
    @shannon1

Amazing work!

#161856 Report
    Dids666
    Participant
    @dids666

Oh yes! Looks great guys! I did the original meshes to the PF I had so yeah if it’s been redone the meshes would have been all over the place lol sorry about that. As you also know the original textures were also a mockup but you’ve nailed it!! Great work. 👍👍👍👍

2 users thanked author for this post.
    #161857 Report
    Herweh
    Participant
    @herweh
    vipMemberContributor

To calm you guys down a bit :-), here is the current state of what I have done:

Progress1WS

… BUT …

The good news are:

• Table is nearly fully playable, script is working fine
    • You do not see tons of VP objects as all the objects are set to invisible and will visually be ‘replaced’ by Schreibis awesome Blender work. What you see here, especially Frank, are just a few meshes without any texture info
    • Saucers and scoops are working fine
    • Ramps are not visible but are fully modeled in VP
    • I have already played the 6-ball-multiball during play testing and it was a lot fun
    • Frank is already throwing the ball like in the original table
    • Frank’s head remains calm or, if you want to, is moving around or, third option, is following the nearest ball

Right now there are no final Blender elements in the current VPX build: Schreibi is doing his Blender magic in Blender and I am doing my table build and script voodoo stuff in VPX.  I’m very curious how it works when we bring both sides together. I’m superexcited :-).

3 users thanked author for this post.
    #161866 Report
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I’ve been having a tough time getting a good clean bake for normals bump map projection for the helicopter for Goldeneye since it has many hard surfaces that transition into smooth ones so it’s taking me longer than expected.  Quite often I just use ZBrush Z-Remesher  to make an easy low poly version of a model and use ZBrush’s unwrap feature,  it’s not as ‘professional’ as doing a manual retopology and UVW layout but it saves me a lot of time and generally gives me good results despite it’s short-comings.  Most models for pinball’s don’t need the same level of quality topology that you would need on say an animated character for a game or movie so in most cases these ‘short cuts’ I use are totally acceptable.  The helicopter, as I mentioned is a combination of hard surfaces and smooth ones, so I basically had to make a totally new low poly model from scratch and manually do the UV layout to ensure good results.

So long story short, it’s taking me a lot longer than I originally anticipated but the good news is I’m almost done.  A few more sessions of working on it should see it complete and then I’ll be starting on updating the Frank model which I’m sure I can have completed before this table see’s a final release.  I did take a bit of time to allocate all my (Frank) files and get everything set up and ready to start on.

3dcreation

#162914 Report
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Wrapping things up for the helicopter model for goldeneye, I’m starting work on updating Frank.

3dcreation

2 users thanked author for this post.
    #163354 Report
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Frank update progressing nicely,  I should have something to show soon.  I’m also converting a high poly sculpt of the WoZ witch toy for EmBee at the same time.

3dcreation

#163358 Report
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

Sounds great!

#163461 Report
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Frankupdate1

3dcreation

#163465 Report
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Have a feeling this is going to end up looking better than the irl version.

#163473 Report
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

Wow!!

#163694 Report
    bigspider
    Participant
    @bigspider

I am very happy to know that this project will come true!

This table is part of my childhood, I have many memories and seeing it being created for VPX, in the quality that is being worked on is a dream being realized!

:yahoo: :yahoo: Thanks to everyone involved! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#163717 Report
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

FrankMappingstart  Started to texture map Frank using the many HD photos from my old pal Rob (Thanks again buddy)!

3dcreation

#163782 Report
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

That’s one ugly son-of-a-bitch.  Nice!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW