Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega 1995) v1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-sega-1995-v1-2/

VPX version by Schreibi34 and Herweh

Version 1.2:

– Cleaned up the wire ramp meshes and rerenderd them.

– Removed the “double chin” caused by the perspective rendering method in DT view at the end of the left acrylic ramp.

– New material for the left acrylic ramp and the acrylic cover over the BC’s (little less reflections).

– Physics for the BC’s adjusted so the ball has a chance to stay in that area a little longer. Makes the shots in there a little more satisfying.

– I never liked the PF the way i renderd it. No depth at all. Changed the PF lighting and material for more depth. For me this was the most important part of the patch. Table is now a bit easier to play because of the enhanced visual depth. You can see the elevated things better now.

– Adjusted the hight of the invisible collideable VP wireramps to fit the prims better.

Schreibi34:
      Visuals and gameplay
      “It’s simply amazing what you do in Blender. So thrilling, so inspiring, so extraordinary. I’m overwhelmed every time when I see what you have created. You are the man. And a very relaxed, cool guy too. And for sure an awesome drummer ;-). Once again it was a pleasure and an honor to work with you”

(this was written by Herweh)

Herweh:
      Scripting, VP development and gameplay
      “Everything you see below in this script! Without him Mr. Basic v2.0 Schreibi34 would have been totally lost! What he has done on this table goes beyond my imagination. From animating Frank to implementing RothbauerW’s physics to the texture swaps to all sorts of extras. Please check out all the stuff that the script Voodoo Master has provided for you below!
      Thanks for being such a cool guy! It was a pleasure!”

(this was written by Schreibi34)

Special thanks to:

– Dark: We all know what he did! Frank is just jawdropping!!
      – Dids666: For starting all of this and his awesome meshes. Thanks for letting us finish this!!
      – Sheltemke: For stitching together the PF image and playtesting
      – Mlager8: For PS help on the sling plastics
      – RothbauerW: For his awesome physics’ guide at vpinball.com and some more help on the physics
      – Mark70, Bord, Thalamus: For beta testing and some good hints
      – Batch: For the DT background image (Sorry for making it a bit darker! Batch’s original is in the image manager for those who like more pop)

Magna save selects LUT filters!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Schreibi34.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Schreibi34.
      Total of 138 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      makmak
      Participant
        @makmak

Thats gonna be memorable eastern. All the Pinheads staying home getting wound fingers ;-) No more words for now, I am counting seconds to finish the download…thanks for your outstanding talents and willing to share with us!

kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

Schreibi …  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you. It´s easter and i have to do (garden, eggs) and now you release this :rose: :mail:

Will try it later when i´m finished here. Happy easter to you – once more: THANKS

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Genesis38
          Participant
            @genesis38

Another amazing release! The VP community is on fire these days! Guys, thank you so much for showing Sega some love. I never did have a chance to play these titles in the 90’s and now thanks to all of you, I can :)

makmak
            Participant
              @makmak

Update after the first game: have to revise my weekend plans. This is way beyond expectations (even without having seen the arms in action, i am such a bad player). I wanted to give an update of my own table but no one will be interested in. Last words: Governments of the world will thank you as you kept so many people at home! ;-) Who needs a real pinball anymore???

1 user thanked author for this post.
              dieman
              Participant
                @dieman

Looks like I’ll be busy after I mow the lawn.

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great work guys!  As good of a team as exists in VP.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Update after the first game: have to revise my weekend plans. This is way beyond expectations (even without having seen the arms in action, i am such a bad player). I wanted to give an update of my own table but no one will be interested in. Last words: Governments of the world will thank you as you kept so many people at home! ;-) Who needs a real pinball anymore???

LOL!

Naboodiver
                    Participant
                      @naboodiver

What a great Easter present.     A lot better than a colored hard boiled egg.    Thanks so much to all involved in the table.     One of my favorites.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Boy April has been a heck of a month with big releases!  THANK YOU to all who contributed!  Going to download and play this shortly!

sheltemke
                        Participant
                          @sheltemke

I don’t think a table could be more perfect than this.

Amazing days these are for VPX community. We all have very hard times i’m sure, but this table make it a little easier.

Thank you so much Schreibi34, Herweh, Dark and everybody who did this masterpiece.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          Duane D
                          Participant
                            @duaned

Any way t0 fix the DMD for real DMDs?

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

You Guys are crazy … Sega Baywatch, and now this … :rose:

First, thanks to dark … Herweh and Schreibi, Dids666, Roth … Thalamus, bord, Mlager, Shelty, Mark …

I am in Home Office and “Short-Time-Regulation Work Time” since Week/s (because Corona Time) … so this is really a nice Gift for that Time, where we all have to stay at home, if possible …

Thanks Guys, Thanks ! :good:

IMG_20200411_182014

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Any way t0 fix the DMD for real DMDs?

The real DMD is larger and higher resolution so… I don’t think it can get better than we are getting. For these larger DMD tables, I tend to just put the DMD on the backglass. It’s only a few.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

schreibi34/Herweh/Dark/all contributors:  This turned out much better than I expected.  Truly my mind is blown. Once more, love the LUT’s and I really have to figure out how to add these to a few other tables (that don’t use the magna save).  The gameplay is great, love the physics.  Frank is glorious, such an important part to this table.

I am curious of one thing, a nitpick:  the plastic that appears to be reflecting the DMD. Since it’s not a true reflection it kind of looks a bit odd during gameplay. That’s it and it’s a nitpick, seriously.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Peter222
                                  Participant
                                    @swietlikowa

Looks and plays great, thanks!

batch
                                    Participant
                                      @batch

Thanks, you achieved perfection !

Don’t worry about the darkness of the backdrop, it’s just here to show the table to advantage

Hope the rare desktop users will like this table as much than I do

evileman
                                      Participant
                                        @evileman

This is fantastic. So many nice tables being produced or modded lately. Amazing what you guys are doing. Thankyou Schreibi34 and Herweh and all others. Your work is appreciated!!!

Pinbolt
                                        Participant
                                          @pinbolt

Thank you Schreibi and all the involved for this masterpiece.

rgarriott
                                          Participant
                                            @rgarriott

Thanks alot guys it looks fantastic.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?