Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega 1995) v1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

DJRob gets credit for this too. He showed me this awhile back. I guess there are a few variations, and to be honest, I have no idea what is required and what isn’t. I copied over a textbox from another table.

Dim DesktopMode: DesktopMode = Frankenstein.ShowDT
      TextBox.visible = DesktopMode
      dim UseVPMDMD:UseVPMDMD = DesktopMode

And for some reason it appears to make a difference where it is inserted. It always needs to go before the LoadVPM line in the script.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      naeromagus
      Participant
        @naeromagus

Table looks amazing ! Thank you !c

And all this buzz over VR. Now i may have to add one to my collection . What would be the best setup. My setup 7700k, gtx 1080, 16gb ram, I’m looking for the best experience

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Yep.  I need a 4k.  This build was extra special to follow.  Really cool how you guys shared this creation as it was pieced together and finally came to life.  …see what I did there?  Some serious talent on display here.

I…am amazed every day when I log on and see the hard work being shared by dazzling artists.  I sense this is a very unusual time and I don’t take it for granted.      off to learn this table.  Love the pov!

hoop22
          Participant
            @hoop22

Thanks for the cool table.

Keep in mind i’m a bit of a newbie, but for those newbs like me that are running a similar setup that cannot get the oversized virtual dmd to work, here’s what I did.

I’m running a 3-screen setup, with DMD and topper on one monitor.  Similar to what I think TerryRed has on his table videos, which has the backglass with a 3rd monitor below that has topper with dmd below.

My dmd locations are pulling from the global coordinates assigned in DmdDevice.ini, rather than the windows registries for each rom.  For this one I chose to move the DMD to the topper screen, which is taller on my system.  I did so by adding the following to the DmdDevice.ini  (obviously adjust for your systems coordinates).  This works for baywatch as well if you make another entry the same.

[frankst]
            pindmd2 enabled = false
            virtualdmd enabled = true
            virtualdmd left = 5760
            virtualdmd top = 50
            virtualdmd width = 1280

There’s probably some brilliant other way to do this, so punch me later.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Skitso
            Participant
              @skitso

Thank you Schreibi and the rest of the team! Amazing looking table, simply flawless. I’ve never played this before, so I’m sure I’ll get hundreds of hours of entertainment out of this. Many thanks!

…uh, speaking of flawless. I think there’s issue with the LUT selection: no matter what you choose in the script to be the default, the LUT used is the 1:1 one when you start the table.

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

I’m pretty sure Herweh will look into this!

GuruChoc
                Participant
                  @guruchoc

Just a quick note, when you get the 6 ball multi ball (could happen on the 5 or the 4 also, I only played 1 game) it only shoots out about 3 balls, the other make sounds like they are loading into the trough and getting shot out, but they don’t.

G

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Did you try to completely reset the rom including the registry?

BeachBumTN
                    Participant
                      @beachbumtn

Simply outstanding!  What a treat and thanks to all involved for this beauty, it is a VPX work of art for sure.

kds70
                      Participant
                        @kds70

just once more … incredible work :rose:

i´ve just missed the easter bunny because i´ve started modifying the table to cast GI flasher / -lights to the ball, spent one hour until i saw it can be set in script :wacko:

line 73 ff : ‘ ENABLE/DISABLE insert reflections at the ball

^^ is set to zero by default

so, closing editor now, trying to rip of the easter bunny to get some eggs and back on cab then :mail: :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

GuruChoc
                        Participant
                          @guruchoc

Did you try to completely reset the rom including the registry?

Was that aimed at me ? I played one game only, first time I ran it.

G

Schreibi34
                          Participant
                            @schreibi34

Yep! So it’s not a rom that you used on the VP9 version?

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

I’m asking because i had a 6 Ball MB about a day or two before release!

marie
                              Participant
                                @marie

Thank! Loos and play fantastic, We will have round eggs this year for Easter…

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

just once more … incredible work :rose:

i´ve just missed the easter bunny because i´ve started modifying the table to cast GI flasher / -lights to the ball, spent one hour until i saw it can be set in script :wacko:

line 73 ff : ‘ ENABLE/DISABLE insert reflections at the ball

^^ is set to zero by default

so, closing editor now, trying to rip of the easter bunny to get some eggs and back on cab then :mail: :good:

Keep in mind that this will also light up the white outlines on the letters!

kds70
                                  Participant
                                    @kds70

Had 2 times a 6 ball without issues yet. But after one time it was missing a ball – it was hidden in frankensteins housing:

ms-frankenstein

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Schreibi34
                                    Participant
                                      @schreibi34

schreibi34/Herweh/Dark/all contributors: This turned out much better than I expected. Truly my mind is blown. Once more, love the LUT’s and I really have to figure out how to add these to a few other tables (that don’t use the magna save). The gameplay is great, love the physics. Frank is glorious, such an important part to this table.

I am curious of one thing, a nitpick: the plastic that appears to be reflecting the DMD. Since it’s not a true reflection it kind of looks a bit odd during gameplay. That’s it and it’s a nitpick, seriously.

Yes, definetly a nitpick ;-) but let me explain this:

The reflection is alot more intense then people would think is real. But it’s actually not. It all depends on what is reflecting of whatever surface under certain lighting scenarios! When you look at the picture below you can see how the DMD is reflecting of the glas when using the (almost) same low room light as i did for the rendering. In real life there is a glas covering the playfield and what it does is reflecting light rays before they reach an object on the table. So it’s very unlikely IRL to have my BG reflection on that transparent plastic. For a couple of reasons such as noise and fireflies in the render which result in high render times we don’t use the PF glas as a render object. With no PF glas the BG light rays will reflect of the plastics alot more then on a real table. I decided to keep this to somehow make up for the missing PF glascover. Does it look realistic? NO! Does it look shiny? Yes it does if you keep your head still. And this is the point where you as a render guy have to decide whether you ignore this imperfection in the whole system or if you stop prerendering stuff for hundrets of hours and wait vor VPXI. I decided to wait already about half a year ago but couldn’t resist on this one! I could have used a different material for that plastic but it also looked somehow “wrong”. Same goes for the sidewalls. I had to make three textures from different angles so it looks at least halfway decent when changing the POV! This is all alot of work for reaching an imperfect perfection!

Thanks for bringing up a good point Rob! It was about time to explain why we have to take that next step in VP! I know that the Devs will work their asses off the next couple of years to make this happen! So my thanks goes out to all the guys who do the important stuff behind the scenes! :good: VPX is great, but for pushing the limit you will also have touch it and therefore you have to be close to it! If you know what i mean….

Screenshot_20200411-190930_YouTube

Herweh
                                      Participant
                                        @herweh
                                        vipMemberContributor

Had 2 times a 6 ball without issues yet. But after one time it was missing a ball – it was hidden in frankensteins housing:

ms-frankenstein

Wow, amazing. Will have a look into this and the wrong starting LUT pretty soon.

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

I know that he’s not checking here very often:

@Dids666
                                          your work is finished!

Skitso
                                          Participant
                                            @skitso

@Schreibi34, GI-on and GI-off textures are ever so slightly (pixel or two) different size so that when the lights blink on/off, the whole playfield jerks back and forth the length of a couple of pixels horizontally. To be sure, I exported the two textures and checked with PhotoShop layers, and indeed, the textures are not quite the same size…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?