• This topic has 140 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Nate.
Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

I am having trouble with the rom “frankst”. I updated to the new VPinMame 3.3 and installed, but the sound is extremely garbled and repeats itself.

I’ve only heard repeating sounds on previous tables when the framerate droped way below 60fps. Shouldn’t happen with 3.3, right? Try to turn off all reflections and AA just to see if that helps.

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

I have an issue: the ball is brown/black, never shiny silver no matter if I replace ball image and/or decal.

I am sure the brown is not an “easter egg” is it?

Is there a way I can solve this?

I fixed it by copying the ball and light settings from the TOTAN table.

Biggest culprit on the lighting settings were ambient and emittive color of lighting not set to black.

It looks like this now:

IMG_20200413_125705

The lighting settings shouldn’t have much effect on the table but could have an effect on the ball. So why not! Not sure why black emitting light makes the ball more shiny but it seems to help!

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

@Dark

I don’t really feel like the angle is the main problem. The main problem is the head movement and the reflections not moving with it. If you really think about it VPXI would not be the solution for this. It would eliminate the angle POV problem, but with the camera not moving the reflections would still look like a decal! BAM headtracking or VR in combination with VPXI would be the only 100% solution!

Cordsl
    Participant
    @cordsl

Thanks for the cool table.

Keep in mind i’m a bit of a newbie, but for those newbs like me that are running a similar setup that cannot get the oversized virtual dmd to work, here’s what I did.

I’m running a 3-screen setup, with DMD and topper on one monitor. Similar to what I think TerryRed has on his table videos, which has the backglass with a 3rd monitor below that has topper with dmd below.

My dmd locations are pulling from the global coordinates assigned in DmdDevice.ini, rather than the windows registries for each rom. For this one I chose to move the DMD to the topper screen, which is taller on my system. I did so by adding the following to the DmdDevice.ini (obviously adjust for your systems coordinates). This works for baywatch as well if you make another entry the same.

[frankst]

pindmd2 enabled = false

virtualdmd enabled = true

virtualdmd left = 5760

virtualdmd top = 50

virtualdmd width = 1280

There’s probably some brilliant other way to do this, so punch me later.

Thanks hoop22, i was looking for a way to move the DMD to the topper screen and this really helped me out! :yahoo:

Of course also thanks to the team that made this supercool table! :good:

bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

I have an issue: the ball is brown/black, never shiny silver no matter if I replace ball image and/or decal.

I am sure the brown is not an “easter egg” is it?

Is there a way I can solve this?

I fixed it by copying the ball and light settings from the TOTAN table.

Biggest culprit on the lighting settings were ambient and emittive color of lighting not set to black.

It looks like this now:

IMG_20200413_125705

The lighting settings shouldn’t have much effect on the table but could have an effect on the ball. So why not! Not sure why black emitting light makes the ball more shiny but it seems to help!

“Emitting light”is light emitting from objects, not to be confused with environment light reflecting from an object. Objects do not emit light unless they are fluorescent or fosforescent, so if RGB values of emitting light are higher than 0, all objects would become emitters (light sources) which is unnatural.

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Many thanks for the updated version schreibi34 (and all contributors!)

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@Dark

I don’t really feel like the angle is the main problem. The main problem is the head movement and the reflections not moving with it. If you really think about it VPXI would not be the solution for this. It would eliminate the angle POV problem, but with the camera not moving the reflections would still look like a decal! BAM headtracking or VR in combination with VPXI would be the only 100% solution!

Yeah that’s more or less what I was getting at being so POV dependent but even without any head tracking, on your HOT TIP table for example, there isn’t too much to ‘give away the effect’ like the dmd on Frank.  So technically if we stand in front of cabinet and stay relatively still our immersion shouldn’t be jarred too badly but the dmd reflection being static ruins the immersion even if standing still.

I really like how the table turned out but I seem to struggle with the plastic ramp shot, it’s really hard to hit with a cradled ball, the vector/trajectory to hit the ramp is such a small window.  I think this is probably fairly realistic to the real table but I think it should maybe have friction reduced on the ramp part slightly or something to make it more possible to hit it with cradled balls without it rolling back down,  maybe the guy in the game play video I watched was just really good but he doesn’t seem to struggle hitting it with cradled balls so much.  While it’s not impossible to hit the ramp with a cradled ball, it’s far more likely to successfully hit it with a rolling ball.

3dcreation

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

Flipper strength to 3100 would also be possible without messing up the gameplay!

kds70
    Participant
    @kds70

Thanks for the (fast) update – my wife iss killing me :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siems contactors / knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Mark70
    Participant
    @mark70

Thanks a lot for the update.  Superb table!

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

fr_thx

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Flipper strength to 3100 would also be possible without messing up the gameplay!

Yea tuning physics is not my expertise so I just assumed adjusting ramp over flippers would be less impact on game play (don’t want to mess other things up to improve one thing).  I’ll try that out thanks.

3dcreation

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

I will have a look at the ramp physics next week! The problem is that the orbit shot is already a bit to fast! I think it can be tuned to play a bit more like the real thing!

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Well I noticed in game play videos, it’s possible to hit the ramp with a backhand on right flipper but it’s not possible to actually have it make it all the way up the ramp (at least in all instance I had seen).  So I think it’s not far off from the real thing because the virtual table does the same thing, I just feel it should be slightly easier to hit with left flipper from what I’ve seen.

3dcreation

GuruChoc
    Participant
    @guruchoc

Sorry, didn’t have enough time to get the 6 ball multiball and test it, I will try later today.

I do note that the saucer for the Ice Cave is very hard to land in, the ball always goes right over the top of it and rolls into the lane, I would of thought it would of captured it in the many times I shot into it, but no, never, can you have a look at that thanks.

Still enjoying the table immensely though, the monster is simply amazing.

G

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

The ball does jump over it on the real table. For me it locks the ball 8 out of 10 times. I’ll have a look!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    GuruChoc
    Participant
    @guruchoc

The ball does jump over it on the real table. For me it locks the ball 8 out of 10 times. I’ll have a look!

Played it for a little while just before, with a pronounced shot off the top right flipper it skipped over it every time but 1, I managed to land in it a few times, but it was more of a ricochet or bounce shot, not a strong one off the flipper.

Thanks for looking.

G

TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Thanks for the update!

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@Dark : It is possible to get the ball up the ramp from the right flipper. But, yes, very hard. I’ve done it just a couple of times and stopped trying for it as it too often ended up with a drain straight down the middle. However. I agree in that the ramp is hard to get, from both flippers. I’m however struggling more with getting that shot when the ball is in motion than from a trapped one. I keep hitting the posts, on either end of the ramp, most of the time. :wacko:

@guruchoc
    : I experience the same a the author. Well, maybe 7 out of 10 times it locks. So, I would not have it any other way to be honest.

Again guys, such a fun table !

arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Schreibi34 and Herweh , a big thanks for this awesome table. can’t wait to play it with my backglass on it. ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW