Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

I’ve been having the exact same issue with this PuP-Pack..

Every once in a while I can get it to work by starting the game closing the game restart the game without closing the editor and it helps to have a first boot..

Not sure what I am doing wrong with this one. Have the newest version of the table. Using the Text on BG version. I don’t get the Castle overlay and also no videos work. Every other Pup-Pack I have works fine, Tron, Batman, F14, Stranger Things, etc. I do see the background sky layer and also He-Man and the sword animation is moving. Other than that no video or Castle overlay.

Something else worth mentioning is PinUpDisplay goes not responding after / while playing the table and then I have to manually kill it.

Made sure I was using the new table, looked in the script and it has mentions of the PuP-Pack. Plus I downloaded it like 3 times just to make sure :).

Thanks,

Nick

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Only thing I can think of is either your PuP install is not up to date with the latest… or you may have your screens not setup correctly for PuP…maybe you have one of your screens off by a little bit and it’s spilling over on another screen, DPI Text scaling setting for ALL screens in Windows, VPX or UltraDMD version, etc.

You also may have something running in the background that’s interfering with the Overlay frame (the Castle image). this can be graphics related programs. monitor overclocking or tweaking programs, overclocking software for GPU, Logitech Gaming Software,etc.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

My guess is your specs are not super high so I would suggest maybe removing the “video” images in the editors image manager and see what happens.

Im not any help with the pup pack but I’m guessing it’s pushing your system so removing the videos in image manager should help

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Rastan350
          Participant
            @rastan350

Thanks for the replies…. I doubt it is my specs. This is a new built system, i5-8400, 8GB Ram, 1060  6GB. Everything else is working 100% fine including every other PuP Pack. No SW programs running other than what is needed, DOF, DOFLinx, etc. Double and triple checked screen setup as well. I will keep looking… like I said thanks for the replies, I know this is a tricky one.

Also made sure I am on the latest Pup. I know I had issues orignally with TF but that is because I wasn’t on 1.3.7 so I know I am.

Thanks,

Nick

outhere
              @outhere

“Why only this Pup-Pack?”

Running I7 with a 1070 video, 3 Screen

Pup-Pack  1.37 installed

Using — Masters of the Universe 9a

I will check the other things later

TerryRed
                @terryred

Try turning off screen 8 (Eyes) for this pup-pack in the PuP-PAck Editor, then save and see if that helps. Someone else had an issue with that for some reason…nd they also thought other packs were working correctly….but it turns out they weren’t. They just didnt realize that certain videos for certain screens weren’t getting triggered.

outhere
                  @outhere

If I disable the 1st trigger line “overlay frame” then it works

But Then I miss out on the  Grayskull Overlay image

“Any thoughts”

TerryRed
                    @terryred

But Then I miss out on the Grayskull Overlay image

“Any thoughts”

“Something” may be running on your system that is interfering with the Overlay… I’ve had GIMP (a paint program) cause that as an example.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I would double check to be sure that your VLC didn’t update itself as well. It must be 2.2.8 32 bit. For some ppl they had it on auto-update.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@terryred any plans from nailbuster to make it work with current version?

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                          @terryred

@terryred any plans from nailbuster to make it work with current version?

New version of VLC has load of problems (uses GPU more,etc)…why it was never used.

No worries though…. next version of PuP will NOT need VLC installed! It will use local VLC files from within PinupSystem folder….AND you can have the newest VLC installed as well. PuP will just use the older version no matter what.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Shadow
                          Participant
                            @shadowshd

Hi,

I’m in the same boat than @Rastan350 and @Outhere : PinUp up to date, VLC 2.2.8 32 bits, Win10 x64 1809 17763.134, i5-8400, 8 Gb DDR4 and GTX 1060 6 Gb, with Pup Pack 1.1 – Text on BG.

No AV, no other softwares than what is needed in my pincab.

When I launch the table (v 0.9a) UltraDMD runs fine, table runs fine and my backglass displays nothing else than  Background – BG\backdrop – default_logo.mp4 + Background – Underlay\Underlay_Default.mp4.

I’m using VPX 10.6 beta rev 3541, I’ve tried with 10.5 also to no avail. All others Pup packs runs fine.

I’m going to give another check ;)

Anyway thanks for your hard work @TerryRed it really is much appreciated  :good:

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Double check to be sure your DPI / Text Scaling is set to 100 for ALL of your screens in Windows (Win 10 lets you do it separately for each screen).

Make sure your PuP screens are setup correctly and are not spilling over onto another screen…even by one pixel!

Just because other packs ran fine…doesn’t mean you haven’t not always had this problem. There are lots of features in PuP that aren’t used in every pack. This pack just may have brought out an underlying issue that was always there.

outhere
                                @outhere

I notice when I run the game – clue, stranger things and try to run masters of the universe nothing shows up in the puplog.Txt…

Even if I do these things to get it masters of the universe to work….
                                Every once in a while I can get it to work by starting the game closing the game restart the game without closing the editor and it helps to have a first boot..

or

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

I notice when I run the game – clue, stranger things and try to run masters of the universe nothing shows up in the puplog.Txt…

Even if I do these things to get it masters of the universe to work….

or

I think you only get a PuP-log for PuP-Packs that use PuP-Capture for DMD triggering of videos.

Shadow
                                  Participant
                                    @shadowshd

So I’ve double checked everything I could, I think, followed the Puppack troubleshoot, checked that I’ve no PinUp screens overlapping, and like @outhere it works if I disable the first trigger.

Most of the time when I exit VPX I have to manually kill PinUpDisplay.exe process because it stopped responding ; when in game the video of Heman on Battlecat runs once then freezes.

@TerryRed
                                    you talked about Gimp previously that could generate issues, I have Gimp installed on my pincab (but not running) and will uninstall it to see if it solves. I will uninstall TeamViewer too as I manage my pincab with this software and report here ;)

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

So I’ve double checked everything I could, I think, followed the Puppack troubleshoot, checked that I’ve no PinUp screens overlapping, and like @outhere it works if I disable the first trigger.

Most of the time when I exit VPX I have to manually kill PinUpDisplay.exe process because it stopped responding ; when in game the video of Heman on Battlecat runs once then freezes.

@terryred you talked about Gimp previously that could generate issues, I have Gimp installed on my pincab (but not running) and will uninstall it to see if it solves. I will uninstall TeamViewer too as I manage my pincab with this software and report here ;)

No I meant having GIMP “running” causes issues sometimes….as does having other programs running in the background possibly. I use GIMP to create these packs. There may be something else running that interferes with the Overlay image. It’s the only thing I can think of. Some ppl have Logitech Gaming software cause it…others having overclocking software…some have monitor tuning programs.

I’m hoping the newer upcoming transparent video features of PuP will make it so the Overlay (not used by VLC) can be replaced with a Transparent video layer (that is played by VLC), and maybe that will work better for you.

KiwiBri
                                      Participant
                                        @kiwibri

I’ve been having the exact same issue with this PuP-Pack..

Not sure what I am doing wrong with this one. Have the newest version of the table. Using the Text on BG version. I don’t get the Castle overlay and also no videos work. Every other Pup-Pack I have works fine, Tron, Batman, F14, Stranger Things, etc. I do see the background sky layer and also He-Man and the sword animation is moving. Other than that no video or Castle overlay.

Something else worth mentioning is PinUpDisplay goes not responding after / while playing the table and then I have to manually kill it.

Made sure I was using the new table, looked in the script and it has mentions of the PuP-Pack. Plus I downloaded it like 3 times just to make sure :).

Thanks,

Nick

Add me to this.. exact same issue.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Sorry I’m not any help with pup stuff I’d say run the table without it I think there is a update from nailbuster coming soon that may fix the issues?

for IOS and Android

Shadow
                                          Participant
                                            @shadowshd

No I meant having GIMP “running” causes issues sometimes….

That’s what I’ve understood Terry, Gimp is running only when I need it ;)

There may be something else running that interferes with the Overlay image. It’s the only thing I can think of.

I’ve just tested after disabling every services (except Microsoft’s ones) and everything that could launch on startup in MSConfig, with and without Run as admin and Win10 FS optimizations options on VPX and PinUpDisplay exes and still have the issue.

But I had something I never had before : at the first cold Windows boot and without launching anything else than VPX and the table, when exiting VPX the overlay and current video playing when exiting displayed for less than a second before PinUpDisplay exited.

Any other tries led to PinUpDisplay.exe stopped responding.

I’ve noticed that most of the time PinUpDisplay.exe crashes when the table is up and ready ; I haven’t very good coding skills but it let me thing that something calling Pup when the table runs leads to a crash.

I’m hoping the newer upcoming transparent video features of PuP will make it so the Overlay (not used by VLC) can be replaced with a Transparent video layer (that is played by VLC), and maybe that will work better for you.

Sounds great, I do hope so ;)

Anyway and again thanks for your hard work for the community guys, it’s really cool to share this hobby with you :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?