This topic contains 84 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Gunner 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
     Gunner 
    Participant

Thanks Terry I missed your last post. All my backglasses were checked off to hide in the PinballX Game List Manager.

The backglasses do ‘hide’ in that they go black when the tables loads but I still see them running in task manager when I ctrl-alt-del.

So my fix was to add a line to the B2S TableSettings xml to bring the b2s to the front by default and that did the trick.

Sorry to clog up your thread with this.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks Terry I missed your last post. All my backglasses were checked off to hide in the PinballX Game List Manager.

The backglasses do ‘hide’ in that they go black when the tables loads but I still see them running in task manager when I ctrl-alt-del.

So my fix was to add a line to the B2S TableSettings xml to bring the b2s to the front by default and that did the trick.

Sorry to clog up your thread with this.

It’s been a while since I used PBX….but when you launch your games (with BG media hidden)…are you saying that there is a “Black screen” from PBX covering your b2s in the Bacgklass? That doesn’t sound normal to me…but its been a long time and maybe PBX always did that but I never noticed (because directb2s were pushed to front)? If so that is NOT a good thing as the whole point of hiding the PBX media is so that any other program can display normally, and they should not need to be pushed to front to be visible….

With Popper we specifically went out of our way to NOT do anything like that…and also give choices for how media is displayed when it is visible (and make sure nothing is running / shown…if chosen, when the table is launched)….so that any program will work and not have these types of issues.

Gunner 
    Participant

Yea that’s what I’m seeing here Terry. Yes I think the B2S was always pushed to the front before so it wasn’t an issue.

I need to give your interface another go, I love how quick it is. I am just used to the Pinball X look but I’m guessing I could skin it like that if I wanted.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Yea that’s what I’m seeing here Terry. Yes I think the B2S was always pushed to the front before so it wasn’t an issue.

I need to give your interface another go, I love how quick it is. I am just used to the Pinball X look but I’m guessing I could skin it like that if I wanted.

I’m not pushing Popper on anyone. There’s a front-end for everyone and their needs / tastes. I just wanted to confirm what was going on. I understand “why” that function was added in that manner way back…but with the new b2s server having these updates…it’s important for people to understand what is going on with PBX if this problem pops up.

That being said we have Popper 1.4 which is a huge update coming out soon, so keep an eye out for that. That may be a better time to give it a try for a fresh install.

Gunner 
    Participant

Thanks Terry will do. It will for sure be the interface on my new upright Vpin.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account