This topic contains 100 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  LynnInDenver 1 month ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • Author
     Gunner 
    Participant

Thanks Terry I missed your last post. All my backglasses were checked off to hide in the PinballX Game List Manager.

The backglasses do ‘hide’ in that they go black when the tables loads but I still see them running in task manager when I ctrl-alt-del.

So my fix was to add a line to the B2S TableSettings xml to bring the b2s to the front by default and that did the trick.

Sorry to clog up your thread with this.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks Terry I missed your last post. All my backglasses were checked off to hide in the PinballX Game List Manager.

The backglasses do ‘hide’ in that they go black when the tables loads but I still see them running in task manager when I ctrl-alt-del.

So my fix was to add a line to the B2S TableSettings xml to bring the b2s to the front by default and that did the trick.

Sorry to clog up your thread with this.

It’s been a while since I used PBX….but when you launch your games (with BG media hidden)…are you saying that there is a “Black screen” from PBX covering your b2s in the Bacgklass? That doesn’t sound normal to me…but its been a long time and maybe PBX always did that but I never noticed (because directb2s were pushed to front)? If so that is NOT a good thing as the whole point of hiding the PBX media is so that any other program can display normally, and they should not need to be pushed to front to be visible….

With Popper we specifically went out of our way to NOT do anything like that…and also give choices for how media is displayed when it is visible (and make sure nothing is running / shown…if chosen, when the table is launched)….so that any program will work and not have these types of issues.

Gunner 
    Participant

Yea that’s what I’m seeing here Terry. Yes I think the B2S was always pushed to the front before so it wasn’t an issue.

I need to give your interface another go, I love how quick it is. I am just used to the Pinball X look but I’m guessing I could skin it like that if I wanted.

TerryRed 

Yea that’s what I’m seeing here Terry. Yes I think the B2S was always pushed to the front before so it wasn’t an issue.

I need to give your interface another go, I love how quick it is. I am just used to the Pinball X look but I’m guessing I could skin it like that if I wanted.

I’m not pushing Popper on anyone. There’s a front-end for everyone and their needs / tastes. I just wanted to confirm what was going on. I understand “why” that function was added in that manner way back…but with the new b2s server having these updates…it’s important for people to understand what is going on with PBX if this problem pops up.

That being said we have Popper 1.4 which is a huge update coming out soon, so keep an eye out for that. That may be a better time to give it a try for a fresh install.

Gunner 
    Participant

Thanks Terry will do. It will for sure be the interface on my new upright Vpin.

TerryRed 

NEW! Optional PuPDMD and PostDMD files from LynnInDenver:

– new PuPDMD and PostDMD files by LynnInDenver. These will allow you to use a modern LCD display for PuP based scoring with animated backgrounds. You can use these to display your scores instead of UltraDMD. PuPDMD is for LCD DMDs and PostDMD is for full-size 16:9 modern Stern-style displays.

-simply copy the DMD and FONTS folders from the Motu_PupDMD_PostDMD.zip to your “motu” pup-pack folder. Then choose which option you want in the table script.

-if using PuPDMD, make sure your PuP DMD display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings.

-if using PostDMD, make sure your PuP Music display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings (this is used for size and position reference).

You will need an the latest update for the table to use this feature. Updated table should be uploaded soon. Thanks to LynnInDenver for this excellent update to the table!

Motu_PostDMD

Motu PuPDMD

1 user thanked author for this post.
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Thanks for including the new files, Terry. :yahoo:

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

And thanks to @randr for getting the table update posted. Welcome to the VPX PuP PostDMD era. :yahoo:

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

For people with lcd screens this is very nicely done! Lynn did a great job and really is much better then ultradmd….but my cab has real vishay dmd so I can’t fully enjoy this new postdmd stuff as well as many will.

Great job @lynnindenver !

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Additional thanks can be given to @nailbuster and @scottywic – without information from both of them and their examples, it wouldn’t have come off quite so quickly, or quite as well. :-)

Honestly? The whole impetus I got into was because of our own cabinet, it was something I only really started to make the two tables fit our PostDMD-style cabinet better, and to learn PuP. That it’s now out to not only be used by others, but to also be learned from by others, is a really big deal. We’re no longer limited to UltraDMD and DirectB2S Server for our scoring options, and that’s actually pretty neat.

Scottywic 
    Participant

Additional thanks can be given to @nailbuster and @scottywic – without information from both of them and their examples, it wouldn’t have come off quite so quickly, or quite as well. :-)

Honestly? The whole impetus I got into was because of our own cabinet, it was something I only really started to make the two tables fit our PostDMD-style cabinet better, and to learn PuP. That it’s now out to not only be used by others, but to also be learned from by others, is a really big deal. We’re no longer limited to UltraDMD and DirectB2S Server for our scoring options, and that’s actually pretty neat.

Congrats Lynn you’ve been hard at it for awhile now. Great to see how far your skills have come. Keep up the good work.

doubleD 
    Participant

Little confused at this part …

-simply copy the DMD and FONTS folders from the Motu_PupDMD_PostDMD.zip to your “motu” pup-pack folder. Then choose which option you want in the table script. Where in the script is this ?

-if using PuPDMD, make sure your PuP DMD display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings. Where in the script is this ?

-if using PostDMD, make sure your PuP Music display is setup correct in your default PuP Display settings (this is used for size and position reference). Or where in the script is this ?

Last question, what is the difference between PuPDMD and PostDMD ?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  doubleD.
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Check the ScoreType=1 near the top of the table script, change the number near the top, that selects between UltraDMD, PuPDMD and PostDMD.

For display settings, in the Pinup System folder, “PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat” will bring up that configuration. They are not in the script.

The differences between PuPDMD and PostDMD: PuPDMD is a video scoreboard in the size and position of the DMD (4:1 ratio) as set up in PinUp System. PostDMD is a video scoreboard in the size and position of the Audio screen in PinUp System, set up to use on a 16:9 screen as if you have a Stern/Spooky “PostDMD” video display. The mod was originally designed for my cabinet “Radiant Silverball”, which is set up as a PostDMD Stern/Spooky style with a full screen under the backglass screen.

HeadcoldCamper 
    Participant

First off this table is amazing. Unfortunately I cannot get this PupPack working at all after several days of trying. I have Stranger Thing, etc working with PupPacks without issue, and I can even test motu without issue but if I boot from VPX only my DMD shows (UItraDMD) I literally get no video or anything on the backglass (no border or anything). I’m almost wondering if I’m missing a step or using wrong table (using Masters of the Universe 1_0b.vpx). Thanks in advance for anyone that has any tips!

outhere 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

3 Screen setup or real DMD?

outhere 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Just because it appears you have one PupPack set up and running doesn’t mean they will all work there are a few different ways of making PupPacks…

Trouble Shooting Pup-Packs
    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

For reference
    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

HeadcoldCamper 
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! Two screens with real DMD (Pindmd3).

HeadcoldCamper 
    Participant

Got it figured out, all the files and the B2s plugins were blocked. I had to right click on them go to properties and check Unblock. Moving forward I’m going to use 7zip to extract all zips so I don’t run into issues like this. Thanks!

HeadcoldCamper 
    Participant

And now I have a new issue that looking around I can’t find anyone else having. Previously if I got a high score it was able to enter my initials but now it just defaults to BAA and it would change letters when hitting left or right flippers like before. I also seem to remember that on the playfield with high score there was a graphic overlay of you “choosing” characters and that’s gone now too. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again!

HeadcoldCamper 
    Participant

OK, so I got high score working again (not sure how) BUT Masters of the Universe’s DMD is white only now and not in color. Diablo, Stranger Things, etc are color and oddly enough the UltraDMD splash is color (the little gopher) but once in game there is no longer and color.

May be talking to an empty room at this point but any ideas?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account