Masters of the Universe (VPX) – PuP-Pack – Royal Boob Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

The UltraDMD I don’t believe actually has any real color assigned in the script.

If you download the latest version of the table and this PuP-Pack, it does come with support for a PuP “DMD” (support for 4×1 LCD window), which is definitely full color, and looks much better than the UltraDMD. And I’ll be working on an upgrade to my end of that later this year to provide additional options for the PuP DMD.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

mrbumps
      Participant
        @mrbumps

This has to be one of my favourite tables, and this PuP-Pack makes it even better. Sadly I am only using a 2 screen set up and so it looks like I cannot use it for now :(

hotdogh2o
        Participant
          @hotdogh2o

I wish I had time to make a 2 screen version. I’d be fine with just movies and a fancy dmd

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I wish I had time to make a 2 screen version. I’d be fine with just movies and a fancy dmd

Super easy to do.

If you have a “square” backglass screen (not 16:9), then you can have the pup-pack on the top 3/4 of the screen, and use the bottom 1/3rd for your DMD.

If you have a 16:9 backglass, then you can edit the Overlay image (the castle) to cut out a bottom portion to allow the DMD to display there. You can even add a “frame” in the spot for the DMD. Many 2 screen ppl have done this.

You can also create a custom copy of pinupplayer.ini (setup for your BG to be on the top 3rd while retaining the 16:9 ratio… or have the pupdmd on the bottom,etc). This file goes into the pup-pack folder. Once the table and PuP is started…it looks to see if that file is there and will use it if found to setup your pup screens as defined in that file (only for this pup-pack).

Shamous
            Participant
              @shamous

Awesome pack Terry!  It really brings back some memories. I love all the DOF work too

netdefilr
              Participant
                @netdefilr

Having the movies played to the right a bit, not in the castle properly. How do I fix this?4E96EC44-C0AD-4C4E-831C-EFC77744C2825172F7AA-1A5F-4536-A53E-31DC7A073071

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Set screen scaling to 100% in windows

cdnbum88
                  Participant
                    @cdnbum88

I am getting an error on line 6043 around ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘UltraDMD.DMDObject’

I am sure I have something not set or missed setting, but could not figure it out.

Thanks for any assistnace.

Episode
                    Participant
                      @episode

Trying to play using the MOTU-PuP-Pack-1.1-No-Text-on-BG on a 2 screen setup and i keep getting white text on the playfield for scoring etc.

Kinda new to PUP is there something i need to remove?

Thank you.

EDIT: Sorted this, turned off pup DMD, dropped the files into PUP for use, in script of the table made sure I am using Ultradmd (1) then took the Grayskull pup overlay and modified it after making a backup, cutting out a 512×128 (my ultradmd set size) for the Ultradmd and adjusted in game to fit, as suggested.

Thanks for the Pup Pack!

Grayskull Overlay

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Trying to play using the MOTU-PuP-Pack-1.1-No-Text-on-BG on a 2 screen setup and i keep getting white text on the playfield for scoring etc.

Kinda new to PUP is there something i need to remove?

Thank you.

If you have a 16:9 Backglass… you would want the Text on BG pup-pack version.

You also need to disable PUP Post DMD in the table script, as that is the white letters you are seeing.

cdnbum88
                        Participant
                          @cdnbum88

Thought I had the rom but I guess I don’t. I cannot find it again and vpuniverse is offline.

Can someone please point me to another link with it?

Thank you

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Thought I had the rom but I guess I don’t. I cannot find it again and vpuniverse is offline.

Can someone please point me to another link with it?

Thank you

This is an original table…similar to FP tables…and threfore doesn’t use a rom at all. All the code is in the table script.

cdnbum88
                            Participant
                              @cdnbum88

Ok, when I closed and opened it worked second time. But backglass then went behind my windows screen. Is that a setting to bring to front? I have not changed anything in pinup/popper settings.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Ok, when I closed and opened it worked second time. But backglass then went behind my windows screen. Is that a setting to bring to front? I have not changed anything in pinup/popper settings.

If you are playing on a single screen… then this is your only option to tr to get it to work.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

cdnbum88
                                Participant
                                  @cdnbum88

If you are playing on a single screen… then this is your only option to tr to get it to work.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

I have two screens, does that change things?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

In that case… no you dont need pup-packs on top…but you should not have any windows displaying on your Backglass when running anything vpin related as pup-pack layers will get pushed behind them. If you have a 16:9 backglass screen…keep in mind you may not see the DMD completely because of the bottom of the castle picture. You may need to edit that for your own usage.

cdnbum88
                                    Participant
                                      @cdnbum88

In that case… no you dont need pup-packs on top…but you should not have any windows displaying on your Backglass when running anything vpin related as pup-pack layers will get pushed behind them. If you have a 16:9 backglass screen…keep in mind you may not see the DMD completely because of the bottom of the castle picture. You may need to edit that for your own usage.

Just seems odd that the few other pup packs I have play fine and don’t fall behind my open windows screen on my backglass.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Just seems odd that the few other pup packs I have play fine and don’t fall behind my open windows screen on my backglass.

Nothing odd about it. You just don’t understand how pup-packs work yet.

Not all pup-packs are made the same. Some have multiple video layers like motu or jaws, and some of those video layers will need to be pushed “behind” the more top pup layers.

Others pup-packs only have one pup-layer that is pushed “on top” of all other windows so they will work fine.

even if you weren’t using pup-packs, i would still say you shouldnt have any windows open on your backglass when running vpin stuff.

cdnbum88
                                        Participant
                                          @cdnbum88

I am dense. How would I launch when I in VPX and not have that screen on BG and then minimize when I press play?

I was not able to get Jaws to work either, but I know I missed something in the pinevent setup on that one.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I am dense. How would I launch when I in VPX and not have that screen on BG and then minimize when I press play?

I was not able to get Jaws to work either, but I know I missed something in the pinevent setup on that one.

It’s the same problem for both. Easy solution.

Move your FP and VPX Editor window to your playfield screen and run it all from there. Then when the table runs, the editor won’t be in the way and they will be under your game window and not the backglass.

When run from a front-end… both will get minimized automatically when using the right command.

Yes…. it may be rotated and not fun to work from…. but thats what you need to do. Everyone needs to to do this. Its normal.

For FP and PinEvent…. you still have to be sure you don’t have the FP Backglass and Arcade mode enabled and displaying when running those tables (the FP BG may obscure the Pinevent BG). Again I detail methods of how you can do that from a front-end as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?