Masters of the Universe(FP Conversion)

Viewing 17 posts - 241 through 257 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

I think I based the PinUp display setup on what was presented in the UltraDMD scoreboard. It shouldn’t be too difficult to add the additional score fields to the PinUp display there.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

packetdealer
      Participant
        @packetdealer

This is an excellent table, however, I am having a few issues:

• PuPDMD works but sometimes the words get cutoff in long text presentations (this happens in gotg also)
        • Mechanical Plunger not working (using Oak Micros POT plunger)

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

PuPDMD works but sometimes the words get cutoff in long text presentations (this happens in gotg also)

Any thoughts? Thanks!

16:9 DMD screen or a 4:1 screen

packetdealer
          Participant
            @packetdealer

PuPDMD works but sometimes the words get cutoff in long text presentations (this happens in gotg also)

Any thoughts? Thanks!

its 16:9.  When I run configdisplay.bat, i see the DMD as 4:1.  Can that me modified?

outhere
              @outhere

Mechanical Plunger not working (using Oak Micros POT plunger)Any thoughts? Thanks!
              its 16:9. When I run configdisplay.bat, i see the DMD as 4:1. Can that me modified?

Which setting did you use in the table script?

packetdealer
              Participant
                @packetdealer

Not sure where, to find, im very new to this.

Nevermind, I found it, thanks Outhere.

outhere
                  @outhere

Not sure where, to find, im very new to this.

Open the game in the VP editor, on the top left click and script the setting will be Somewhere at the top of the script

Timog2179
                  Participant
                    @timog2179

Are there any UltraDmD files available somewhere? I Can’t find some an the table won’t start without them. I don’t use PinupPopper.

LynnInDenver
                    Participant
                      @lynnindenver

…that’s odd, because @randr made the table specifically to need NO resources for UltraDMD, so there’s no folder needed for that. Do you have ScoreType set to 1 at the top of the script? Setting it to 2 or 3 specifically invokes PinUpPlayer.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

scampa123
                      Participant
                        @scampa123

I have the latest , 1.0B version of this table and am having an issue where it takes over 1.5mins to load.  If I load directly from VPX (outside of popper), and with no PUP pack installed, I can see it “hang” while saying “Starting Game Scripts”…and then eventually loads…it definitely is sitting at this point for the majority of the load…

..No AV running/No Defender…btw

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this and how I can fix it?

Also, should my plunger work for this table or just my button to launch the ball?

Thank you

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

It’s a launch button for the plunger.

Regarding the loading delay, it’s the animated video “billboard” behind He-Man that’s a big performance culprit with the table, as it has to load the hundreds of images that enable that. I did put an option toggle in the script to disable and hide the billboard, which includes not loading the images (the previous computer in Radiant Silverball would potentially choke and sputter when the billboard would run). If you’re using the matching PuP-Pack, the billboard is basically redundant anyway.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          scampa123
                          Participant
                            @scampa123

Thank you, I’ll look for the option however this morning I tried the table on my desktop computer with lesser specs and it opened quickly….

is there an area where VPX stores temp files or something?  Maybe I need to clean out sone sort of remnants??

thanks again!

scampa123
                            Participant
                              @scampa123

**Solved**

I eventually identified my B2STableSettings.xml as the culprit for my issue….

In working with my B2STableSettings.xml, I noticed that <DefaultStartMode> was set to 1 on the box where the table loaded fast.  On my cabinet it was set to 2 and it started very slow.

I changed <DefaultStartMode> to 1 on my cabinet and the table loaded right up!.

In the end I added a block to the file for <motu> and had <StartAsEXE> set to 1 and changed the <DefaultStartMode> back to 1…and it works!

**I cannot explain why this affected only this table (that I noticed), or even why it makes a difference (especially since I am not running a B2s for this table).  If anyone can explain, I’d love to better understand!

Thank you!

defre1976
                              Participant
                                @defre1976

hello ,

Everty works table and pup pack .

Only problem i have is the ingame music song stops playing after few games .

You hear that the song start and then stops . Reboot table and it works again .

setup 3 screen .

In pup pack support topic i read i am not the only one and there as been told to post this problem here .

Any help please

thank you

defre1976
                                Participant
                                  @defre1976

Ok, i played some more this game.

Problem stop music happens after you end a a game. Game over appear with skeletor.

After this immidiataly the intro song from h-men should play. And after 2 or 3 games it don’t.

If you then start a game you don’t have music anymore in the game.

But wait, when you see game over with skeletor , and you hear there is no intro you must wait 1 min or so and the intro music comes back. And if you start then a game the music is also there.

Normaly after game over , the intro from h-men should play immidiataly.

Why this is happening , i don’t know .

Bug , and i am not the only one if i read this topic and topic from pup pack.

I hope the maker could check this problem out .

Another problem , the ball disapear or is stuck somewhere on the photo i included. It happens when i hit ball with upper left flipper.

Even when shaking my cabinet , ball is not moving . Gone or stuck. Only thing i can do is reboot the game.

I installed vpx on my other pc , and also there the same problem with the sound . So its not the pc in my cab .

Strange almost nobody is mentioning this problem . Do people actually play the tables ??

Also the ball that got stuck , this i didn’t check on my other pc .

:( too bad those beautifull tables don’t get updated anymore .

Same for the Cirqus voltaire table , ball that always drain . And no updates anymore . Such a beautifull table but unplayable .

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by defre1976.
                                  vasigias
                                  Participant
                                    @vasigias

All good thanks for this table ! One problem is … The table load correctly but dont show the score board on backglass :scratch:

LynnInDenver
                                    Participant
                                      @lynnindenver

The table has three options for a three screen setup… UltraDMD (runs in FlexDMD), or two options on PinUp Player if you install the PuP-Pack. It’s not really set up for two screen use right now. With some work, you can get any of the above into the backglass area and “on top”.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by LynnInDenver.
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 241 through 257 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?