Masters of the Universe(FP Conversion)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    tommygavinrocks
    Participant
      @tommygavinrocks

Beautiful conversion. Runs buttery smooth and looks fantastic!

Thank you for sharing

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Having seen the entire process of this table being converted makes me really appreciate the work put into it. I’ve learned more and more about both VPX and Future Pinball.

With Future Pinball…many functions and features are built-in or automatically handled or created. Things like:

-Videos (using Image Lists and playback features, and Overlays)

-normal table functions like slingshots

-flashers

-DMD functions

-cut outs in the playfield for devices on top (scoop, sling holes,etc)

…and many other things all need to be manually created (using primitives,etc) or scripted to work in VPX. Makes me appreciate the extra effort randr puts into these conversions! (also makes me sad at how amazing FP could have been if it were open sourced).

Only someone who truly loves virtual pinball (and owns many real pins too), would have this kind of passion for projects like this.

Again, job well done!

roccodimarco
        Participant
          @roccodimarco

This table is AWESOME!  Last night playing it I could not stop smiling and found myself constantly saying, “This is so badass.”  Terry and company, are their plans to bring a pinup pack for backglass videos?  Thanks to everyone on this project!

TerryRed
            @terryred

This table is AWESOME! Last night playing it I could not stop smiling and found myself constantly saying, “This is so badass.” Terry and company, are their plans to bring a pinup pack for backglass videos? Thanks to everyone on this project!

Literally working one one now….will most likely be similar to what I did for FP. This will be the fastest Pack I have ever made, as I already have the assets ready to go. It may require an update to the table..we’ll see. Just a simple Pack…nothing too crazy, but it may have a little more than what I did for FP. The main reason I won’t have much more is because my hotel internet suck and I’m far away from home.

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Stop being far away from home (your wife and family probably agrees with me but they are more understanding LOL!)

TerryRed
                @terryred

Stop being far away from home (your wife and family probably agrees with me but they are more understanding LOL!)

I agree….its the military who don’t agree. At least I’m not at the North Pole this time….yet.

vogliadicane
                Participant
                  @vogliadicane

wow, what a fantastic table! :good:   :good:   :good:

Thanks a big lot randr, Terry and Thalamus for this one. And of course ROM for this firework of ideas.

Special thanks to randr for the care of rooting all sounds to backglass or table!

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

wow, what a fantastic table! :good: :good: :good:

Thanks a big lot randr, Terry and Thalamus for this one. And of course ROM for this firework of ideas.

Special thanks to randr for the care of rooting all sounds to backglass or table!

Thalamus did the sounds to backglass he gets the credit for that :good:

i do think the table is fun and I’m not even a heman cartoon watcher when I was a kid! Just plain fun table really.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
                    Participant
                      @vogliadicane

ok then kudos to Thalamus :rose:

Me too not a watcher, but I instantly loved it.

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

Great table!  I never played the FP version, so it was fun playing on vpx…. oh, and maybe we should add one-more-ball to that crazy multi-ball  :wacko:    seems to be a great debug/performance tool for vpx collision engine :)

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

@nailbuster I never really played the fp version before either but did load it up a few times many years ago. Great original table for sure.

did 9 ball multiball give you any trouble ?

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

@randr table and 9-ball multi-ball run perfectly….  I was surprised it didn’t skip a beat!…

only thing i could suggest is theres a callout that interrupts itself with same callout…  something like “are you try-are you try-are you try” if you hit the upper targets quickly.

maybe theres a way in vpx to know which callout is currently playing and not interrupt with the same one?  I haven’t got into vpx script yet so maybe its super easy, maybe crazy hard :)

Guga
                            Participant
                              @guga

AWESOME!!! Looks fantastic!  Super fun and good gameplay.

Thanks for sharing, randr and all involved.  :good:   :good:   :good:

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

@nailbuster I think because the table is an original(no rom emulation) it just runs better?  I’m no scripting wizard and I’m sure it could be optimized even more! I bet if @fuzzel or @toxie saw all the timers they would throw up.

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

@randr table and 9-ball multi-ball run perfectly…. I was surprised it didn’t skip a beat!…

only thing i could suggest is theres a callout that interrupts itself with same callout… something like “are you try-are you try-are you try” if you hit the upper targets quickly.

maybe theres a way in vpx to know which callout is currently playing and not interrupt with the same one? I haven’t got into vpx script yet so maybe its super easy, maybe crazy hard :)

The only real way to avoid this is to use many many more call outs for the skeletor targets in a “select Case” sub for all of the targets…or have them activate a timer each time…and then do a check if that timer is still active before playing audio, and video…or a combo of both.

Nelson
                                  Participant
                                    @nelson18

The Loafer, thank you for replying. I reinstalled VP 10.5 and it worked.

Meek424424
                                    Participant
                                      @meek424424

First I want to say WOW! This is truly an amazing table. Thank you guys (Randr, TerryRed, Thalamus, and all who contributed). I think I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate all your hard work on the contributions you all make to this hobby!

I wanted to bring something to your attention. The only thing I found is that if you play 2 player, the table doesn’t keep the Player 2 score. I don’t know about a 3 or 4 player game. We played 2 player and only Player 1’s score was kept. Other than that everything else worked flawlessly. Thanks again all!!!!

xenonph
                                      Participant
                                        @xenonph
                                        MemberContributor

Yes you could add a variable and timer to achieve that.

I did this same thing on my Battlestar Galactica table so the voice sounds wouldn’t interupt each other.

Here is example with variable AA and timer named XXX …

Dim AA
                                        AA=0

if AA=0 Then PlaySound “trymypatiance”:AA=1:XXX.enabled=true:XXX.interval=1000

Sub XXX_Timer
                                        AA=0
                                        XXX.enabled=false
                                        end sub

One timer should work for all 3 targets. (Or any sounds you don’t want overlapping.

Great table by the way!!

Crazy multi ball too!!

Thanks to all who contributed!!

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Hi Meek

indeed randr mentions in his original post that multiplayer is not yet working.  Will take some time to fix it so for now it’s really a single player game

legin
                                          Participant
                                            @legin

Great Table.  It plays really well and its smooth as silk on my setup.  Im still using VP10.4 and it runs fine.

Got to love the 9 ball multiball!!! Plenty of other multiball options too.

Only criticism is its a little bit too easy.

I had a look at the script and its HUGE!!!

Is there somewhere where you can change the difficulty and also the amount of balls?  Im quite used to 3 ball games

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?