Masters of the Universe(FP Conversion)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

First I want to say WOW! This is truly an amazing table. Thank you guys (Randr, TerryRed, Thalamus, and all who contributed). I think I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate all your hard work on the contributions you all make to this hobby!

I wanted to bring something to your attention. The only thing I found is that if you play 2 player, the table doesn’t keep the Player 2 score. I don’t know about a 3 or 4 player game. We played 2 player and only Player 1’s score was kept. Other than that everything else worked flawlessly. Thanks again all!!!!

I could add player 2 scoring easy enough. Will add it to next version but will wait and see if anything else needs adjusting before a update is posted.

@meek yeah it is easy table not a very serious rule set that’s for sure it’s more just a fun table.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

toxie
      Participant
        @toxie
        VP DEVMember

@nailbuster I think because the table is an original(no rom emulation) it just runs better? I’m no scripting wizard and I’m sure it could be optimized even more! I bet if @fuzzel or @toxie saw all the timers they would throw up.

It always depends on what the timers are actually triggering.. If these update table elements with another state or whatever, all the time/at high frequency then it’s really bad, but otherwise it won’t really matter.. And you can always check the scripting overhead in the F11 debug menu.. (which i haven’t yet here)

Oh, and a big THANK YOU! :yahoo:

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

The basic PuP-Pack is done…no text or anything fancy…but the same as the FP version. Hope to do something cooler though if possible. I have a few ideas.

Keep in mind guys…these videos are in 720×480 originally..so they won’t look any better than what I did with the FP videos.

A newer table update is required for the PuP-Pack. I fixed some video bugs and added all pup commands via dof Exxx. Working perfect so far.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          TerryRed
            @terryred

@nailbuster I think because the table is an original(no rom emulation) it just runs better? I’m no scripting wizard and I’m sure it could be optimized even more! I bet if @fuzzel or @toxie saw all the timers they would throw up.

It always depends on what the timers are actually triggering.. If these update table elements with another state or whatever, all the time/at high frequency then it’s really bad, but otherwise it won’t really matter.. And you can always check the scripting overhead in the F11 debug menu.. (which i haven’t yet here)

Oh, and a big THANK YOU! :yahoo:

The Timers aren’t THAT many ;)  I’ve worked on some FP tables that were WAY over the “FP limit” for objects / timers.

I also bumped up the Timer count a little too…. but your positioning of those Timers in the Editor and their tidiness is to be greatly admired! :)

fuzzel
            Participant
              @fuzzel
              VP DEV

Holy sh*t that’s what I call a number of timers :) Toxie is right as long as not too much high frequency timers are running the same time the impact shouldn’t be too high. However a rule of thumb is to minimize the amount of timers as much as possible. VPX has to go through all timers in the list to check if one is active/expired and so on. But sometimes it’s not possible. I haven’t checked them all (more than 100 timers here) but some have an interval of under 10 and that should be checked if you can increase the interval without getting any side effects.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I could remove a lot of timers as they are not used now but need to go threw it. So not as bad as it looks  :wacko:

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                  @terryred

OK…way too excited to not be able to show this…I really wanted to use Castle Grayskull as the “frame” for my MOTU PuP-Pack. I had the image I wanted and did my own rough cut and showed Tarcisio Caleiro what I was trying to do. Of course he comes back with an AMAZING updated version of the image that he completely edited to look fantastic! I wanted to be able to change the “mouth” video”, the sky in the background, and the eyes to be changeable (or off / on) during table events…and this image will allow that! Not sure how it will play out and what I will actually use for videos for the extra layers…but in testing it looks awesome! Too bad the original TV show videos are only SD, but they fit and look better in that space than being fullscreen since they are 4:3. Thanks Tarcisio Caleiro!  :)

Attachments:
                  spookyMoulder
                  Participant
                    @spookymoulder

this looks fantastic just downloaded now.

FhMoTa
                    Participant
                      @fhmota

Great table, I’ve :good: just downloaded it and played for 2 hours straight!  :good:

spookyMoulder
                      Participant
                        @spookymoulder

I tried to play this about 5 times crashes and never loads. I even followed your installation instructions and copied it to my tables folder and still crashed. Does this require PuPlayer to work because I have not installed that ?

I just read on page 1 that someone else had the same crash,  just letting you know.

Attachments:
                        Shannon
                        Participant
                          @shannon1

Thanks Randr! I appreciate your work on converting all of the FP classics.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@spookymoulder straight VP is all thats needed with ultradmd.

But if your getting a crash i suspect your possibly on a 32bit OS? or a low spec system?

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

spookyMoulder
                            Participant
                              @spookymoulder

@spookymoulder straight VP is all thats needed with ultradmd.

But if your getting a crash i suspect your possibly on a 32bit OS? or a low spec system?

It is a  32bit 8gb RAM old system.  :whistle:   I will be getting my i9 hopefully next year and using this one for keeping old files and playing on LAN. It’s ok  , just wanted to let you know about the crashing.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Oh i am sure it will crash if your system has lower end video card, low system ram or is 32bit as there is a lot of images in table that need to load up.

If you want to try and delete some videos in image manager that would be a great way to still be able to play it! just remove 100-200 images you will see them all named same for each video

for IOS and Android

Micronaut
                                Participant
                                  @micronaut

wow !!  :wacko:
                                  excellent conversion,rand  :good:
                                  it`s very nice to enjoy one of the best FP tables in VPX,
                                  good job, thanks and congratulations  :bye:

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Thanks @Randr, this conversion plays, looks and and sounds really great!
                                    It plays fluently and has nfozzy’s (thanks) super fast flips already built in.
                                    Also thanks to Terry and Rom and who else was involved.

gigalula
                                    Participant
                                      @gigalula

Thanks you for this awesome version ported to VP :good:

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

Hey Jason, this meme makes me think it’s maybe not too late to contact Nestlé and see if you can set up a cross-promotion to advertise your table

Attachments:
                                        TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Hey Jason, this meme makes me think it’s maybe not too late to contact Nestlé and see if you can set up a cross-promotion to advertise your table

Wow…that brings back memories…

Update: PuP-Pack is pretty close to being done. Just some bling-bling videos being done.

I hope to have it done for tomorrow. You will need my update for the table as well for it.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

We are ready for it Terry!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?