Masters of the Universe(FP Conversion)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    GAH1068
    Participant
      @gah1068

In game the DMD is working fine.  At end of game I get the Enter Name on on the PinDMDV3.   When I hit the flipper left/right key to start selecting letters the DMD will go black.   If I keep pressing a flipper (left shift/right shift on my cab) the screen will appear again until I hit the flipper again.   Not seeing this with any other table and dmd is fine the whole game so doesn’t seem to be an issue with the DMD itself.

Thanks for checking,  hopefully someone else can duplicate.   I am running latest VPX, Sambuild,DmdExt.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

I noticed last night when I use freezys dmddevice.dll  with UltraDMD not all the information shows up on the pin2dmd..

If I use Lucky1 dmddevice.dll Then all the information shows up on pin2dmd

The information shows up on the virtual one (LCD screen) the DMD Remains blank

So far I noticed this on Jaws, Masters of the universe and The wizard of oz

20181202_18283020181202_18283520181202_18285120181202_182855

GAH1068
        Participant
          @gah1068

I just looked at the vbscript and the code looked good to me for it to refresh dmd when flippers are pressed to update the current letter.  I thought maybe somewhere it was missing calling  HighScoreDisplayName() again to refresh the screen while selecting ititials.   Going to keep looking at the code and see if I can figure it out.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@outhere so with one dll you can enter high score? Or neither you can enter high score?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@bruce look at my post above

for IOS and Android

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

I just tried the Jaws 1.0 And no matter which Dll I used when I tried to enter my initials everything would just disappear off the screen and eventually come back if I keep hitting the flippers
                Whether it was the LCD screen or the pin2DMD

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Welp. Works fine here on desktop and cab with pindmd2 so will need someone to look at it that can help with a pindmd3 or pin2dmd I guess. Or you have some freezy or lucky dll in wrong location or wrong version in a location as it really should be working.

Thanks for the testing :good:

for IOS and Android

BrandonLaw
                  Participant
                    @brandonlaw

‘dim boob’

I’m now complete.

Fantastic table…having loads of fun on it as I had forgotten how much I loved He-Man as a kiddo.  Thanks!!  :yahoo:

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

About the pindmd3. I’ve seen this happening before. But, recently I’ve been able to write high-scores on tables where it didn’t work before. Right now I can’t remember which table I did last, probably Serious Sam. Jaws however has the problem mentioned above. Screen goes blank and comes back if I press the flipper keys almost randomly. There are several benefits for the vptables repo. This is maybe one of them. You can always have a look at the code for that table here

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Serious%20Sam%20Pinball%20v1.0.1.vbs

I’ll have to verify my statements though … currently, this is just something I’m claiming to be true, being at work.

GAH1068
                      Participant
                        @gah1068

Welp. Works fine here on desktop and cab with pindmd2 so will need someone to look at it that can help with a pindmd3 or pin2dmd I guess. Or you have some freezy or lucky dll in wrong location or wrong version in a location as it really should be working.

Thanks for the testing :good:

@Outhere
                        –  Same issue with new Jaws for me too.    I tried two other ultradmd games (AMH was one) and their highscore initial entering routines are working.    A DLL problem seems highly unlikely since the whole rest of the game is working on my DMD.   I would expect to see these problems during gameplay too otherwise.    I started looking at the vbscript to see if I can come up with a workaround.

GAH1068
                        Participant
                          @gah1068

About the pindmd3. I’ve seen this happening before. But, recently I’ve been able to write high-scores on tables where it didn’t work before. Right now I can’t remember which table I did last, probably Serious Sam. Jaws however has the problem mentioned above. Screen goes blank and comes back if I press the flipper keys almost randomly. There are several benefits for the vptables repo. This is maybe one of them. You can always have a look at the code for that table here

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Serious%20Sam%20Pinball%20v1.0.1.vbs

I’ll have to verify my statements though … currently, this is just something I’m claiming to be true, being at work.

The highscore routines in Serious Sam are same as  what MOTU/Jaws are using it looks.     I’ll have to try that one  too tonight and see if it behaves the same.

kds70
                          Participant
                            @kds70

As @GAH1068 wrote above:

i´ve changed everthing to test with my pin2dmd – changed from freezys dmddevice.dll (1.7.2) to 1.7.1 and changed to luckys dll (2.60). And i´ve changed the xdmd.dll´s too. All about the same issue – the pin2dmd screen wents black while entering letters.

And i thought i would know something about this stuff; but for now ? :unsure:   LOL, i don´t know which DLL is really needed to drive the ultra dmd at the pin2dmd. Too much for me at this moment …

But what i´ve noticed is, that if i hit the flipper buttons both with fast response continously (sometimes hitting one flipper button after and after is enough) the screen appears again. When entering / scrolling to another letter the screen gets black again.

Made a short video about this stuff :mail:

Back on cab … playing this nice tables and reporting …

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            GAH1068
                            Participant
                              @gah1068

Exactly what I am seeing.    Sometimes pressing the plunger button brings the display back too.  But typically if I mash the flipper enough it will display.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I’ll take a look at code maybe have you test if that’s ok as I have no way to test it

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

kds70
                                Participant
                                  @kds70

Was trying again … the only files which are affected to work with uldtradmd are in c:/program files(x86)/uldtradmd/ and there the XDMD.DLL and XDMDNative.DLL .

Changed them to the newest from lucky; but they didn´t work (pin2dmd with ultradmd keeps black and displays nothing) The only ones which are working are those “old” files from 2016-05-05 (original from visual pinball i think).

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

kds70
                                  Participant
                                    @kds70

I’ll take a look at code maybe have you test if that’s ok as I have no way to test it

Sure @randr – no problem and no hurry – i have free today and kicked my wife to earn some money :yahoo:

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

@kds70 in jaws if you could try commenting out lines 5229, 5238, 5248 and 5257 and try it? maybe the call to sounds are causing a strange issue?

Also if that dont work try removing “&” from line 5221 at end of character list maybe it dont like that character as an option?

for IOS and Android

kds70
                                      Participant
                                        @kds70

randr and me had no success with the changes above; lets think about it …

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

1.0a uploaded to fix high score saving for people with pin2dmd or pindmd3 hardware.

HUGE thank you to member Kds70 for testing on his hardware!

for IOS and Android

GAH1068
                                          Participant
                                            @gah1068

I just found a fix I believe,  changing the DMD_DisplayhighScene “Enter”,”Your Name”& Mid(TempStr, 2, 5), UltraDMD_Animation_None, 1000, UltraDMD_Animation_None

from

DMD_DisplayhighScene “Enter”,”Your Name”& Mid(TempStr, 2, 5), UltraDMD_Animation_None, 10, UltraDMD_Animation_None

Did the trick for me in Sub HighScoreDisplayName()

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?