Media Cleanup?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Numiah
    Participant
      @numiah

Hey peeps,

I was wondering on how you guys manage media that isn’t needed anymore?
      Some tables get removed after a while, but all media stays.
      In case of full pupvideo’s it can hog quite some space.
      Or when upgrading tables from vpt to vpx.
      All video files stay untouched and created new if nog manually copied or cleaned up.

Is there a way to automatically cleanup media and keep only the media of games active in the play lists?

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

It’s all about media management.  I don’t add stuff in unless I plan on keeping it.  I have special folders for tables and media that is worth keeping but not necessarily going in the collection. I may down the road decided to use it or fix or update it.  I am actually pretty OCD, I have about three stages a table goes through before it makes it to the table folder.  If a table gets updated it’s easy enough to delete the old table or pack.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I’ve made some custom perl scripts that reads my xml files and find media that isn’t referenced. It zip’s them all down. Unfortunately, it is quite specialized to my setup. Run it on a semi-regular basis.

Numiah
          Participant
            @numiah

Thanks both for your answers.

Since the game database isn’t too big (200-ish tables) at this moment I still can keep it up manually.
            Was just wondering on how you peeps handled this.
            I once installed three sets of 200+ wheel images. That wasn’t the brightest idea since I now have to filter my existing games in the 600+ wheel images.
            Ah well, one is never finished isn’t it?  :-)

The use of sub folders is actually a pretty good idea to determine if one is a keeper or not!

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

there is a user that made a utility for Popper to clean up all orphaned media….

he posted on FB the link.

I’ll ask if he can upload here to the popper util section.

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

if you have an XML of your tables

you can use this

https://emumovies.com/files/file/1174-hyperspin-asset-xml-audit/

this program will create a sub folder named “unknown”  in media folder you are scanning

and move all the media files to the unknown folder  if the name of the media does not match or is found in the XML.

I converted the puplookup.csv  to an XML and renamed most of my tables to match the names in the csv file.

I used this program to move all my mismatched tables and media to a “need to rename” folder  from the unknown folder.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Numiah
                Participant
                  @numiah

Any info on whereabouts of this utility?
                  I tried searching Facebook, but to no avail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?