Medieval Madness mod – scripting help needed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Skitso
    Participant
      @skitso

Hey everyone!

I’ve been working on a Medieval Madness visual mod for a while, but with my new advanced flashers, I’ve run into an issue I don’t know how to fix.

Here’s a quick sneak peek of my new “pre-baked” lighting for castle flashers. https://youtu.be/30Os5eyD00o

The issue I’m having is that when the castle is destroyed and the towers go down, the flashers look wrong of course. So what I would need is a skilled scripter that can add a code that when the castle is down, a different set of flasher textures are used. Anyone willing to help, please PM me and I’ll provide a WIP table to work with. Thanks everyone. :)

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Hey Skitso, not sure I have a ton of time at the moment, but I’d love to do a physics update on this table. Similar to Totan with a primitive playfield. Let me know if you’re interested. I could also help tutor you through the scripting changes for your flashers.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Hope the physics update happens. Current version is like shooting fish in a barrel.

cyberpez
          Participant
            @cyberpez

I like where this is going!!!

Skitso
            Participant
              @skitso

Thanks roth, I’ll send you a PM! :)

naeromagus
              Participant
                @naeromagus

Really!! Looks really great a physics update would be a treat;) . . You did some nice work on The shadow. I Still play it quite often  :mail:

Skitso
                Participant
                  @skitso

The project is progressing nicely: the new improved lighting is all but done and I’ve made tons of other small polishing and texture jobs here and there. Bord has finished the new mesh playfield and fixed few other 3D stuff I’ve requested.  The table is now at roth receiving his amazing physics overhaul and some scripting to get my new castle flashers working better. I’m sure it’s going to be nice when it’s done! :)

Skitso
                  Participant
                    @skitso

Soon… (ish.)

MM_demo

Coming with new:

• gameplay and physics (rothbaeurw)
                    • script magic (rothbauerw)
                    • mesh playfield and fixed primitives (bord)
                    • baked flashers
                    • insert lights
                    • hires apron
                    • improved playfield
                    • GI lighting
                    • …and the Skitso detailing and polish you are all familiar with. ;)

I promise you, it plays like an angel.  B-)

Herweh
                    Participant
                      @herweh
                      vipMemberContributor

Wow, announced as a visual mod, now this looks a lot more like a new version. I was lucky to be able to play the real table a few months ago and I was a huge fan of it, but never was a fan of the VPX versions. But now, with Roth magic, Bord magic and Skitso magic, I‘m sure this is going to be a great release.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Have yet to come across this in the wild, and like Herweh said, not a big fan of vpx versions I have.  I think I have a version with Monty Python call-outs  – or is that how the original game is? – I liked those but it’s been a while since that game got played.  Looking forward to checking this out!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

MM is actually one of the machines I’ve played quite a lot of recently. In Trondheim they have the repo version. At Tilt in Oslo, I believe to be the old and original machine. I prefer the old one over the new and I can’t explain why that is. Like Herweh said. Looking forward to get my hands on what I’m sure is a improved version  both visually and gameplay wise. Thank you in advance ;)

Skitso
                          Participant
                            @skitso

Anyone know where or how to contact Ninuzzu or Tom. I was wondering about the permission to publish this mod…?

I’m on a vacation now and plan to release the table at the end of the next week when I return home, but don’t know if it’s ok to?

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw
                              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Based on what Tom posted before the monsterbash site went down, it was ok to publish or mod.  His only request was that it not be published here on vpinball.com.  I would recommend publishing on vpuniverse or vpforums. You can also create a support topic here with a link to the published file.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

I agree, VPU or VPDB.io is probably the best home for the mod.

robertms
                                Participant
                                  @mophead

I would recommend publishing on vpuniverse or vpforums.

@Skitso
                                  VPUniverse would be your best choice to upload any TT/Ninuzzu works. There was a lot of friction between Paul over at VPForums and Tom Tower (and Ninuzzu), which ultimately forced them to go on their own and launch the monsterbash site. I’m pretty sure they would prefer their work is not uploaded to VPF; plus VPU is already hosting a bunch of their work so it is a good fit.

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

Wherever you decide to share it, please let us know where it is.  I sold my MMr this past spring and sure do miss it, looking forward to playing your version :good:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?