This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  freelunch 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I just wanted to say a few members are starting to see the possibiliyies of this site!

@jasperpark and @drybonz have made a couple of “blogs” or tutorials and i must say it really is GREAT!

Yes it requires i small effort on a members part to post a blog but i am telling you EVERYONE needs to try and contribute in anyway they can!  NO EXCUSES if you cannot build a table or make a backglass or front end media then contribute in posts like these 2 great members!

there really is no reason everyone cannot help in one way or another to publish these great resources.

Thanks to everyone who helps make this hobby what it is! truly amazing stuff :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Thanks RandR.

I’m just happy to contribute something here.  That said mine is more of links of tips and instructions from all the other sites, and trying to bring them together in one place.  If anyone has a suggestion for a link for a good tutorial or if i have incorrect information, let me know so I can add the link or change the information.  Also if there is something people feel needs easy to follow instructions made let me know, as I want to add anything that might be missing  especially if the question comes up over and over.  I am a fan of the way drybonz made his with screen shots so want to add more as needed in that format

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@jesperpark (got it spelled correctly this time)

Links are great Pictures are better but links work too!

Thanks again for doing it.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Well, I would prefer if you didn’t ref to Daryl’ VP install. First of all – it is outdated, second – he installs it into c:\program files – a big no no.

Yes, I know – why am I just complaining and not doing something about it ?

Maybe I should – but, at least, we shouldn’t tell point newcomers to old installers and bad practices.

No wonder we need to help people with the same problems over and over again.

Drybonz 
    Participant

Guys, if you have relevant comments about things that are in tutorials, please post comments in the tutorial thread.  That discussion is a huge part of the tutorial.  It’s very helpful is something is wrong or has been overlooked… the discussion and comments really help contribute to the tutorial as well, and in my opinion is most welcome.

It will be great if we can all chip in and get a nice info database here at vpinball.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Noted and removed thanks for the catch, was an old bookmark that i have not referred to for sometime

Also my bad i did not allow comments on my blog somehow, I changed that now.  As we keep going and adding more tutorials some of these links will become obsolete anyway.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Heh – oh, that’s why I tried to comment and needed to come here with my angry voice :-)

robwaade 
    Participant

im not computer savy but i try to help in forums or suggestions if i can    :mail:

RustyCardores 
    MemberModerator

Cheers for the tutorials guys. They are greatly appreciated.

I’ve added one with reference to the basic PMD Script Mods.

https://vpinball.com/pmd-poor-mans-dof-sound-driven-tactile-feedback/ (perm link)

The info contained is useful for all users who wish to adjust sound volumes of individual table elements, not just those with PMD enabled cabs.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

This is great! lots of information here. Hope its ok i also added to category “tutorials” i think you need to edit post and allow comments too

RustyCardores 
    MemberModerator

This is great! lots of information here. Hope its ok i also added to category “tutorials” i think you need to edit post and allow comments too

I did have comments allowed…  Perhaps I inadvertently lost that during an edit?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I think you did perfectly was on my end with iPhone refreshed and comments were available. Love the layout and the scripting details are super for explaining. Best I’ve seen yet on a script mod explanation

freelunch 
    Participant

I’m trying to start being less lazy in this community. I should have more time to post things, thank people, learn how to make things, etc.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account