Memory Lane WIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Scotty VH did this table and we were talking on the table thread about updating this, here is what I did so far (Version 1.1 attached)

pf

– Took the Pf image and made a bunch of adjustments and changes.  Changed a lot of the colors like the baby blue and the circles that were red and changed to orange based off of hi res pics.  added a few other things and cut out the holes. fixed the top art around the 5000

– added all the metal rails and the pegs to hold it up top

-moved all the PF items into place as best I can tell based off of just pics

-changed the insert lights, way too much intensity and adjusted them.

-added the walls to the sides and top border

-adjusted the apron, the plunger and all associated parts.

-adjusted some physics

Now the to do

1. New bumper primitives, the skirts need to be plastic, new kickout holes, talk to some of the “Great Ones” and they do cool things way above my head
      2. the walls for the switches by the rubbers are doing weird things. I don’t know what the walls with one side darker than the other are but they act weird when hit especially the one at the top right
      3. the light to the left of “lites extra ball lanes” doesn’t have a light on it.  cant find the light number in the script
      4. the script needs looked at by someone .  to fix the light in #3 and the desktop backround words light up on the playfield every now and then.  people like 32Assassin can help you if you ask him
      5. The sounds need to be updated, cant remember if the sounds for things like the spinners are working but they need checked.  after everything is done you can ask someone like Thalamus, he is great with sounds
      6. the dof probably needs updated, when everything is done you can contact Arngrim and he would most likely update it for you with any changes.
      7. When the Pf is done and it plays like it should we can work on adding the plastics back but I wanted to make sure nothing needed to be moved around.  I moved the plastics walls to the left

Scotty, I don’t know your skill level so I don’t want to disrespect you but if you got this far you are doing pretty damn good.  It was a nice table just needs updated and tweaked and I think for a redrawn playfield it will be a nice table.  Thanks for letting me play with it, Tom

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Perfect time to find recommended settings for late 70′ table using @nFozzy physics, and @rothbauerw tutorial ? ;-)

There is much to be learned from what he wrote, no matter if you agree on all the values or not.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

New on left old on right for comparison

comp

Scotty VH
            @scottt
            ModeratorMember

Wow!  Great work Tom.  Thanks so much for taking this on.  I’d love to see my prior efforts come to life with modern VPX tech and tricks.  I think the playfield may be off a bit.  This was an early work for me and I didn’t know too much about Inkscape.  I can provide that file if anyone wants to edit it, or maybe it can be used as a basis for a redo.  I can also shift stuff around into the perfect places if someone can provide a reference.  Also, the top plastics were never done properly.  I can easily knock those out pretty quickly with my improved Inkscape skills.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

I moved the playfield image around based off of visual references and the blueprint in the manual.  Do you think it’s still off of are you talking about the original version

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

No, I was talking about the version I released.  If you went from the manual, I’m sure that’s far more accurate than what I came up with.  Mine was based on similar tables and stitched photos!  It sounds like you are well down the raster method, but let me know if you want my vector (Inkscape) files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?